Suggestions for Starbound.

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Javerick89, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Javerick89

Javerick89 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello all.

I've been getting back into Starbound quite a bit. I remember when I made another one of these similar posts about what I'd like to see in the game they were answered such as 'unstable portals' and 'outposts'. But there's still a few things I'd like to see.

Improved creatures: The creatures on each world seem to be rather bland. They're just things to hack at. It would be awesome (although they are randomly generated) to see creatures on planets that are unique. Maybe creatures that burrow? Worm creatures, creatures that make nests and you can take eggs to rear yourself but are attacked by their mother.

Playing with life: I'm actually majoring in genetics at uni and one thing that fascinates me in games is how alien races live at a biological level. If at a later stage of the game, you can have a device that allows you collect a DNA sample of creatures when they're alive you can take it back with you to a incubator and you could combine key characteristics of creatures and create an egg of your own to hatch on a planet. An example: you find a creature on a radiation planet that shoots lasers and is quadrupedal, another that flies and looks like a pelican and another that looks bipedal and spews acid; you take the form of the quadrupedal, the shooting lasers ability and its ability to fly and combine it to create an egg that will hatch your 'transgenic' organism. I think this feature combined with 'improved creatures' would allow players to not just hack at monsters but trap them to get their DNA. Wouldn't it be awesome to control a burrowing creature that spits acid and can fly? OF course though, a large amount of material would be required - perhaps we can put cellmateria to use.

Creating a workforce: I've just been introduced to the colony deeds and it's really cool how you can place them in a home and they give you stuff. I was thinking though that if you add certain items into their home, you can assign them work - however you have to pay them to do it, and sacrifice the 'gift' from these tenants.

Criticisms welcome and further suggestions are of course always appreciated!

Crossfang likes this.
  2. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

This will be added on the upcoming update. Unique creatures you said? There is a lot to be added! Watch out for that. [​IMG]
    If you want to know more about the next update, click this.

I think you're asking too much here but, It will be great if this thing will be implemented. Especially the eggs.

Another nice idea, but for me, I'm more of an explorer , so I don't really care. I don't want it to be like a management game experience to me.

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Moved to Suggestions / NPCs and Creatures.

Crossfang likes this.