1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions Commenters Society.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RandomosityFV, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomosityFV

RandomosityFV Big Damn Hero

Hey everyone RFV here.
    I have been looking through the suggestions for quite some time, and I couldn't help but notice, some good posts are actually ignored. So I came up with an Idea, if someone spent time making an Idea, should we not atleast acknowledge it's existance?
    So here is my two-cents on this, you see an idea that has low to no replies or views, you go in, read what it is then leave a comment on it. simple as that.
    It will make the person who came up with the idea feel good about themselves and less ignored. We are a good community here and this way even the little people can get heard.
    Please no Necromancy, if a topic is more then a week old or two weeks at most, don't comment. Unless it is a brillent idea. If we work week by week, no one should be forgotten.

Now this is a society, so who would want to join? I will personally keep tally of names.
    • RandomosityFV
    • Inferno_Draconis
    Thanks for reading and keep on posting.

2. ~~Edit~~

I've been looking at this subject, and it occurs to me there is a flaw to this idea. If we comment on every idea, the most popular ideas would be pushed further down the list, and possibly be missed or ignored. I agree that the little people should be heard, but we should also be careful that well-loved subjects are not obscured by random ideas.
    Some ideas will be good, others won't. If you think an idea is good, by all means post, but if you post on a subject you don't like, it could obscure something more popular.

I think we should simply examine new ideas and post if we like them. If a subject has a low number of views, it should be viewed, just so that the little people can be heard.

3. nic329

nic329 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i like this idea tho i dont think i could commit to a group that makes it a point to comment and stuff. i always try to hit up threads that need a little love tho :)

one concern i do have tho, thread necromancy, how far back are you going to go when you look at suggestions? or are you just going to do it on newer threads.

4. RandomosityFV

RandomosityFV Big Damn Hero

Yes probably a good point to raise there, I am not talking about necromancy, something over the past week is good. should add this to discription.
    By the way, you don't need to commit, just a simple post to say well done every now and then will be sufficient for this group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.