Suggestion: Visiting other valleys?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Chris776, May 14, 2017.

1. Chris776

Chris776 Subatomic Cosmonaut

What if there are other valleys you could visit? or cities?

having a truck that you can put your crops to sell on other valleys and cities, to improve popularity and make pelican town a better place and people would eventually visit the place? new dialogues, new opportunities, and also maybe new caves to explore and to kill enemies? with better varieties of item drops?
    Selling crops on other places that you can change the prices, overprice to make them furious!

Opportunities like having you to supply a certain store with your artisan goods, better pay-off and maybe gift you with some rare tools to improve your farm life.

New caves that you could explore while you visit, maybe have a new and better variety of equipment on other places that is similar to the adventurer's guild, better customization new accessories to choose from on cities.

and also meeting new people could be mean new characters to marry :D and also a lot of work for CA too :D

• DragonSky11

DragonSky11 Master Chief

I think that would be awesome! I think you should be able to save up enough money for a train ticket... 20,000 gold, let's say, and you can visit a small town somewhere! That would be awesome! But you can't live there or something, only visit.

• Antiochus

Antiochus Void-Bound Voyager

It would be cool to visit new regions with different produce, seeds,foraging options, fish and that type of thing.

I also like the idea of a store where you could sell your products, maybe you could higher some of the unemployed villagers or your spouse could run it. You could get a higher price for the items but money would trickle in, rather than getting a big chunk for shipping it.

• Chris776

it would be the same as visiting the desert for the exclusive seeds and the skull cavern, time will be stopped.
          or you could just actually rent a room in a hotel for the time being, and be able to buy a house and another section of your farm there that you could actually manage, same as for certain towns where a plot of land that could be purchased and is available, but that would take a lot of work for CA to do and his team.

Its also good to have better varieties of new items introduced in a newer version of the game and if were this idea were to be implemented it would give a more immersive gaming for players to experience, more game hours and more achievements to complete and challenges, new items and new farm animals and other crops to be introduced and a better type of machinery and tools you could use on your farming life.

the game could be turned into a larger community, but then again it is stardew valley, its not any other valleys so i would prefer to just visit other towns and valleys as well but not live on that place.

Jason2012 likes this.
          • DragonSky11

DragonSky11 Master Chief

I agree, good ideas u guys.

• Jason2012

Jason2012 Space Hobo

The whole other city thing sounds good. it would definatley be a lot of work for Concernedape and team to do. Like you mentioned though it's Stardew Valley, so just a visiting town or towns would be good.
              What if perhaps you can go visit the other types of farms already implemented in the game (River, Forest, Normal, Wilderness, or Mining) and perhaps move there and start life over again on the new farm with the tools from you're old farm. It would progress the game slightly I suppose, you'd have to re-friend everyone, and perhaps use it as an in game restart? What do you all think?

• Chris776

no, i think it wouldn't be a good idea to have that kind of thing in the game, as i said you can only visit towns once you have unlocked most of the secrets and achievements in the game and after some time the mayor should give you a free ticket to ride the train to another city or valley, and another map will be unlocked depending on what ticket the mayor gave you, it would be of random valley you could go to and visit that valley's farm if there is any.
                your job is to help the community from that new town you just visited by atleast maybe delivering goods for them to use, as they have no farmer on their empty farm land, your job is not to be its farmer, but help them recruit someone like you could teach him what things to do, help him out start in the farm by doing the planting yourself, weeding removing rocks and woods across the plot of land and after sometime the new farmer himself/herself would know what to do and there would be a dialogue or a cutscene that would be proof of success.

Jason2012 likes this.
                • Jason2012

Jason2012 Space Hobo

I like that idea as well. Though sometimes it's fun to restart as well. :p

• Chris776

creating a new game is a good restart, but restarting your current save game from the beginning is the same as creating a new game, its just that you deleted all the saved data on your save game to renew your game... its confusing but just create a newgame, thats all that matters

• TrevorH7441

TrevorH7441 Big Damn Hero

Rather than by bus, you may consider going by boat to some valleys, would give more value to docks and maybe a few quests to get the docks into working order for the action of transportation. I wouldn't run it as restarting the game either, because it is more interesting to start over if that were its main purpose; but what it should have is a smaller community than Pelican Town, but sells resources that are quite different than what we have already. Maybe more seed varieties, housing schematics for Robin, techniques, mechanics to introduce, and maybe have a objective like the community center there. It would expand gameplay and the time spent on it, and at the same time improve what you can do.