Modding Discussion (Suggestion) Undertale Voice-Over for NPCS (Reposted)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by CJoker3221, Mar 6, 2016.

1. CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

I actually posted this on another thread but probably not a good place for it to be at, so decided to try my luck and see if I can get any reactions from here!
    So if there's any moderator, I would implore that you would close the other thread I made, sorry for the trouble.

Anyways, I was thinking, if its even possible, to add voices to the NPCs! No, not actual human voices or Sims voices, just the Undertale voices!
    "But Undertale don't have voices!" You say? I meant the sound they make when they speak with you in-game..so..yeah, if there's any experienced Stardew Modders, do you think it's possible to make this?
    Why would you make this? Well, if you're an Undertale fan, maybe you'll find the voices in Undertale quite charming! I find them charming really..
    So..yeah, just an idea if anyone willing to follow o.o

• Svered

Svered Astral Cartographer

I was thinking of something similar. Not exactly Undertale voices, but rather the fact that each character has a unique sound when talking. If character names are available to SMAPI during conversation and the function that governs the sound that plays during conversation can be hooked then I would think it might be possible to redirect it to a separate file. Would bring a little bit more life to the world since we can't get like Rune Factory tier fully voice acted characters.

• CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

My little brother actually wanted that whenever a speech bubble pops up out of the NPC, a voice comes up but like you said, voice acting for the characters might be a bit iffy :s

• Nilhelheim

Nilhelheim Void-Bound Voyager

The only thing is, that as there is only font, it would be like creating an event on every NPC. When you talk to them it would trigger the event and make the voice happen, but for that you need the source, and modify it, not only that, the biggest problem its making it work as a Mod. Because you would be triggering those with the Text based on NPCS. i had this idea yesterday and ive been reading the XNB codes, But i just cant figure it out. How to make it happen.