1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuff that I would like to see :)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by abbeenom, Apr 18, 2015.

1. abbeenom

abbeenom Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!

Just a few things that I think would be good to see in the game.

1. I noticed that there are no Hylotl villages located in any of the worlds, as well as mini villages. There are also no Novakid villages and I don't come across many Avian settlements. I was wondering if these would be implemented at all?

2. The way that the spaceships upgrade seem to be a bit too easy. I was thinking that maybe you should have to find specific racial villages and buy parts off of them for pixels, as well as find ores to use.

3. There should be a way to get racial missions for specific races, or mini quests in villages to get small amounts of pixels/ items for quests.

4. There should be a way of recruiting NPC's for your ship to function it and help run it, and that you need a specific number of NPC's to upgrade. (These NPC's should as not take any damage if you are playing on a server because that would be annoying.)

That's all I have on mind atm, any comments?

Hadies237 likes this.
  2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

As for your first question. There was an issue with underwater generation which has only been worked on recently with the introduction of ocean planets around November last year. But the assets for hyotyl dungeons were available very early on just not accessible to the average user, only implemented through mods. As for when they are likely to come into fruition it probably will be some time as they are purely aesthetic elements which can be put off as developers can focus on adding more game play features, like the upcoming combat update.

As for the rest, I suggest elaborating on them and placing them in the suggestions section
    http://community.playstarbound.com/forums/suggestions/

3. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

1. I think the person above me said it best. At least the assets for hylotl are there. I would love to see more village generation, even on for humans; which also don't have a village. Hopefully we can see mini-settlements of hylotl at least, which would not require underwater. Regardless I am all for seeing more content period, especially the ones that don't have much obtainable in game.

2. I was not fond of this one. I don't think it is easy or hard. It just takes a while sometimes. Too many fetch quests in the mix, but in essence that is almost what you are pretty much implying for it to be done. Either way I have no problem with it, as long as it is not difficult to upgrade the ship.

3. Right now the quest system is in a way a base. As in the strait forward paths that need to be met. Two more paths to go, and finishing the rest of the current. I would see them add various other ways to quest. How, I really don't know, but could only imagine.

4. unsure what to make of this one. Starbound crew mod sounds similar to this; although is not required for ship upgrades...

Interesting thoughts overall, even if I am not to fond of all of them; at least 1 I really can say I am all for.:)

4. Squeegeeie

Squeegeeie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think I like the idea of hiring npcs. Not just got the ship, but for your settlements too. I know there are npc spawners, but I think I like this better. Find a village, pick the npc you like and spend some pixels to send it to your ship. Maybe you could also transfer them down to a planet later if you set up a house there.

Hadies237 likes this.