Modding Help .Structure Object Parameters

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Lolnarwhals, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Lolnarwhals

Lolnarwhals Aquatic Astronaut

So, I like customizing my games, I'm awful at actually doing that, but I'm always able to do what I wanted to in the end.

I set out creating my own ship, and did so easily, It looks pretty good, compatible with multiplayer, and overall I'm happy with it. The problem is, is that i wanted it to be black/white with color splashed in for color coding. I needed the paint tool for that, I don't want to start the game with a ship filled with messed up colors because i haven't unlocked the paint tool yet and the blocks I built it with were the wrong colors, but I liked the texture. I'm not exactly sure how the paint tool works, but is there a way to make the dropship.structure spawn the blocks pre-painted?

In dropship.structure for the ships, there are "Object Parameters" and I'm pretty sure you can do some pretty cool stuff with that after looking at the files for items, maybe give a light a custom colored glow? spawn an item in using one of the alt colors? not sure if it works with blocks, but maybe give a block a paint tools color?

I want to know is any of this possible? Is there a list of things you can do with it somewhere out there? I've looked and the best i found was "Look at other .structure files to learn this" and the only ones in starbound are the dropship files with the parameters that I already know.

I'm like a trained monkey when it comes to editing files and tweaking stuff, I don't understand it enough to figure it out on my own, so I need a little pointing in the right direction but once I have that I'm usually able to get it done.

Any help would be appreciated! thanks!