1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Stretch Goal Thoughts -- Pets?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by mollygos, Apr 19, 2013.

?

Pets as a stretch goal?

1. Yay!

1,534 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. Nay!

827 vote(s)
    35.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

I do not think the stretch goal should be altered once it has been announced. Backpedaling on an idea like this would be worse than sticking it out in my opinion.

na3raTTy, dhxmg and Rarity like this.
  2. HairyHare

HairyHare Orbital Explorer

I love the idea of having pets, i don't see what the problem is here....:boo:

3. Hallucinogenus

Hallucinogenus Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like pet as stretchgoal really, voted for yes etc. but i also understand the guys here who says that it is a shitty idea for some reasons: first of all its very similar to the fighting pets at first look. This can make the "unique" gather and tame system to a "its like the other" one even it isn't. second: the ONE-MILLION-GOAL is a majority goal, a mentally milestone... nobody says "i am a ninehundertfiftythousand-der" nope its "i am a millionare" its a thing you are never forget. so maybe its not the best to put the non-combat pets at this unique postion.

Another point is the YES<->NO vote question... you cant clearly answer such a thing with a yes or no. maybe some people votes vor yes in the fear of getting nothing :)

Sorry for my bad english :p and please stop insulting other people for having other opinions or fantasis, we all are just boiling with water.

Cell likes this.
  4. Magusdood

Magusdood Star Wrangler

Thankfully, the argument is now over. Entitled individual's whining is no longer relevant to the argument. It has happened.
    No more can one look a gift Horse (or dog or cat,) in the mouth.
    Can we please stop arguing and being downright rude to each other?

Asferot likes this.
  5. This, trust the devs, after all if you had not trusted them in the first place you wouldn't have believed in the project to begin with. They're not gonna screw anything up. The starbound team is very good with the community, keep doing what you guys do!

Asferot likes this.
  6. Flevalt

Flevalt Pangalactic Porcupine

That was my initial reaction too at first. But molly made another post in the thread which implied "to consider the communities ideas" and basically every post in the thread had different ideas but all agreed that the pets wouldn't exactly be worth the 1m mark.

So the reaction does make sense. Peoples got their hopes a bit high up that's all. No need to be rude about it though.

7. Freekill

Freekill Pangalactic Porcupine

Calling people who are expressing their opinions entitled whiners just because their opinions are different from yours is quite rude as well.

Garneac, WoxandWarf, Flevalt and 2 others like this.
  8. Ukyo9

Ukyo9 Tentacle Wrangler

I've been following the discussion for quite some time and I have no idea why you are all so mad about this. Those stretch goals are nice additions in a game that looks awesome. Can't we just be happy about them?

Asferot likes this.
  9. Ken_Chihuly

Ken_Chihuly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The goal is set. Majority vote.
    These goals will delay nothing

Get over it people.

Can we just have this closed already?
    Not like the goal will change anyway.
    There is really way to much fighting going on here...

Cute little pets will not make or break the game, people. Come on.. stop acting like it will

Zenuel and Asferot like this.
  10. SemiJames

SemiJames Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, I missed that post then. But even still, being mad about it is just pointless ranting, imo.

Flevalt likes this.
  11. Vandalbrot

Vandalbrot Aquatic Astronaut

It's certainly cutesy, but it is a little lackluster compared to the other goals.

What about ship building? I couldn't really tell how the ship works, it looks like it just gets big squares of space added to it as it grows. I'm sure the insides are already totally customizeable but maybe shaping and designing the ship would be something?

All in all I'm pretty happy and just want the game to come out, so I'm all for pets if there's no better/easier idea!

12. Asferot

Asferot Void-Bound Voyager

Looking at all this, the opinions should have been said in much more mature manner.
    It degraded to plain insults and swearing.
    And that is bad no matter how you look at it.

Aeon and Multiversal Healthcare like this.
  13. RebelArms

RebelArms Void-Bound Voyager

I am all for it! :D Pets add more customization to the game, why not, seems reasonable :]

14. Eric

Eric Existential Complex

I'm sure no one will read this, but think about it this way, they put the really cool stuff first, so we got what we wanted, everything else is a bonus.

15. bowser7

bowser7 Industrial Terraformer

Umm I kinda meant the cthuliens would be alien race.

As for the Hylotl,I was thinking Togyo(s)! (East fish in japanese).

16. Omg a little cthulu mini pet for the hylotl starter pet!

XdamageincX and Lazypeanut like this.
  17. bowser7

bowser7 Industrial Terraformer

NO! THE CTHULHU RACE IS ONLY TO BE BATTLE AGAINST!!!
    *Yells some gibberish in cthulhu's language

dragtarius and Sakaru like this.
  18. Immortal

Immortal Pangalactic Porcupine

Aw shit they actually adopted the pets as the 1$ Mio stretch goal now, what a waste.

I really don't like the pets, even if you ain't forced to use one yourself, you can bet enough people will be using them as constant companions throughout the game so there will be a cluster**** of furry bastards crowding the screen at all times.

openget, RustyJ, bax399 and 6 others like this.
  19. Musadriff

Musadriff Void-Bound Voyager

Pets are ok, they can always improve new assets to the pets later (whole new world of options). But WHEN the game is already released. Before that would take much time, we would be playing this beta in 2014.

20. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Subatomic Cosmonaut

I hope this stretch goal is just a bad joke...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.