Strange capsule item in save editor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WATERTHOOOOOSSEE, Mar 26, 2016.

1. WATERTHOOOOOSSEE

WATERTHOOOOOSSEE Phantasmal Quasar

So,i was poking around my save editor to give my char a obsidian edge....Cuz i died and somehow the game found it amusing to make me lose it....Then i found something,"Strange Capsule" I gave my character it and put it in my house...

2 Days later...

The capsule was empty...there was a slime shaped hole in the glass...

Any ideas?

• Siertes

Siertes Aquatic Astronaut

Sounds pretty odd. Can you get a picture of it?

• PepsiPresentsNewZanzibar

PepsiPresentsNewZanzibar Void-Bound Voyager

here it is. Found it myself today
        It contracts and expands like it's going to produce something (in exactly the same way as an active furnace does), but after sleeping for a few day nothing seems to happen.

I'm not sure how to find this item (legitimately), what it's used for, or if it's going to be available in future versions of the game

. [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT: OH SH*TE. The containers exploded overnight and the creatures inside are missing. Search commencing

[​IMG]

Edit 2: On the third day after being placed at 4pm the containers change into the broken motionless objects you see above with no animation or sound effects. No signs of any oddities around farm or any cutscenes at night. It appears these are either items that the developers started making and decided to not put in the game, or at the very least not available in the current builds.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
        • PepsiPresentsNewZanzibar

PepsiPresentsNewZanzibar Void-Bound Voyager

A couple other interesting items I've found are the 'Stone Owl' and 'Obelisk'. The Obelisk looks like we may be getting a nether-esque world in Stardew Valley in the future, but that's just speculation.
          [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yoseiri and DreamerDrop like this.
          • Jinglefruit

Jinglefruit Intergalactic Tourist

Have you tried putting the strange capsule in a slime hutch? You might get a slime from it then?

• WATERTHOOOOOSSEE

WATERTHOOOOOSSEE Phantasmal Quasar

Interesting...

• SmaugBaggins

SmaugBaggins Existential Complex

ooooo that is interesting which save editor do you use?

• Eirrinn

Eirrinn Subatomic Cosmonaut

try putting it in a slime cage and see what happens. It possibly was a way to create slimes *similar to incubating eggs* but was pulled, just my idea.

• SmaugBaggins

I feel like it has to do with the shadow guys cause if you look at the sprite on the inside of it but that's just a Theory a GAME Theory

• SmaugBaggins

Well i tweeted CA cause i was just that curios about it and this was his response

Concerned ape.png

I guess the world may never know until implemented or other, @Lanx12

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

I found a lot of interesting stuff in the save editor. Like a large assortment of tropical tribal-esque decor and furniture that wasn't implemented. Maybe they're artifacts from the old dungeon design, maybe we're seeing secrets we've yet to uncover, maybe assets for a new expansion

we can only speculate which in my opinion is the fun part!

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Egads ! So thats where my experiement...oh...uhhhh Move along nothing to see there...

• zcsnightmare

zcsnightmare Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They broken free of the Matrix, Mr. Anderson.

Lil' Mini and Lanx12 like this.
                            • SmaugBaggins

I was kinda bummed out i was hoping to hear something cool from CA

• zoeevee

zoeevee Zero Gravity Genie

I imagine it was something he scrapped due to time constraints and never thought would be found.

Borodin likes this.
                                • Brenin

Brenin Void-Bound Voyager

Well,
                                  I placed down the obelisk and it had an animation in the portal when I broke it and picked it up the game crashed................................................................................. Spooky.

• Belethine

Belethine Title Not Found

Does anyone know what those items are now .-.?

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Weird, but fascinating. I'd love to see the other stuff mentioned up there, if anyone has pictures.

• joodoc

joodoc Space Hobo

I feel like if that was the case, when asked about it he would have said so.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

CA's very elliptical in his comments. He doesn't address story elements for the most part, and never, ever directly. So if it was--let's say--something related the dwarves' past, the race that crash-landed from outer space, then CA wouldn't discuss it. Because it's not in the game, for one thing, and because if it were, he'd rather let it be discovered.