1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Story concepts of some sort

Discussion in 'Art' started by I_am_the_Storm, Jan 31, 2017.

1. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello and welcome to the thread of my story concepts!
    (It looks like a pixel-art, but it's not a pixel-art)
    Well... I've seen many great drawings, pictures, and concepts around here, so I've decided to share some of my work with nice people within this forums.
    These pictures are for my writing project, so I made them as ilustration, as a vision how looks like this and this. For now it's mainly characters, but I want make more than that, like scenery, objects, magic, buildings, weapons and so on.
    Any feedback is greatly appreciated. It helps me make better images.
    Say your opinion on everything: contrast, colours, details... everything.

Hope you like it!

Elizabeth[​IMG]Riverside Road[​IMG]Victor, Amanda[​IMG]Wal Hellor[​IMG]

-THREAD UDPATED : 6.3.2017-

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Crossfang and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Wow. Those are really good "pixel" art! I mean, sort of pixel? Sort of like, low resolution raster painting? Idk, Idc. Make moar. It's good. :up: :)

I_am_the_Storm and Crossfang like this.
  3. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

It's good art.. but yeah... it's not pixel art . xD

I_am_the_Storm likes this.
  4. I_am_the_Storm

Their resolution is 800x600. I've just made some basic frames, coloring them, then I've made details, after that I've add some shadowing and lightning. It's made in GIMP, by the way. But thank you, I'm glad you like it!

Thank you, It means a lot for me. Obviously, pixel-art isn't the right title to describe this images. I guess I'll rename the title then.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Crossfang likes this.
  5. I_am_the_Storm

Sorry, I've been busy lately...
    I've just updated the thread with two new images (in spoilers) and slightly edited the introduction post.
    Still working on other images, including improvement on the attached files and soon as I finish them, I'll post them.

Until then... ENJOY!

Jareix Cryvix and Crossfang like this.
  6. I_am_the_Storm

So... I've just uploaded two new images : -Riverside Road- and -Victor, Amanda-. The first one is finished, and second one is WIP, I need to add some background and overall polishing.
    Also, I'm sorry for the weird formating in the spoiler. I trying to find reasons for it.

Leave your opinions and suggestions. Feel free to critique everything on the images.

ENJOY!