RELEASED [Storm] No Friendship Decay v1.2a

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by Helixis, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Helixis

Helixis Void-Bound Voyager

Hey all,

A storm version of the no friendship decay mod for SMAPI. It should keep their scores consistent without removing the first dialogue of the day. Let me know if anything needs fixing.

New feature in v1.2a
    You can now set the amount friendship you gain from talking to people. TalkValue in the config file defaults to 20, the same as the base game. Note this value can be negative, if you want to lose friendship when you talk to people.

Warning: As with v1.1a, this version has also not been tested. I've been incredibly busy with college and haven't had huge amount of time or inclination to play the game, which is also why the new feature list is a little light. This new feature has potentially more to go wrong in regards to gift giving and spouses and whatnot, so if you aren't sure stick with v1.1a. As always, if anyone who is willing to test the new version and report any issues that might come up it would be greatly appreciated.

New features in v1.1a
    I've added several new features to the mod, all of which are controlled from the new config file system. A description of the config file is as follows:
    Warning: As of now, the v1.1a mode system has not been tested. Normal mode should function as v1.0 did, but I cannot guarantee that the other modes work properly. If in doubt, stick with normal mode or keep using v1.0. I hope to get some time for testing in the next couple of days. In the meantime if anyone wants to test the new version and report anything they find, it would be very appreciated.

Special thanks to hitachihex for the original mod and the Storm team for their example mods.

Changelog:
    v1.0:
    • Initial release
    v1.1a:
    • Fixed bug with characters who had maxed their friendship
    • Added config file
    • Added new decay modes
    • Probably added new bugs
    v1.2a:
    • Added custom talking increase value

Installation:
    1. Make sure you have Storm installed and working
    2. Drop the contents of the zip into your Mods folder at %APPDATA%/StardewValley
    3. Run the game once to generate a config file (v1.1a+)
    Download:
    v1.0 (Reads 0.1 in manifest)
    v1.1a
    v1.2a

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    • nut1414

nut1414 Void-Bound Voyager

noice:monkey:

• Sabathiel

Sabathiel Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for making the storm version.

• Jigain

Jigain Phantasmal Quasar

This is very welcome. Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this.

I'll put this through some rigorous testing, will let you know if I find anything off about it.

• Dratro

Dratro Big Damn Hero

So... it's time to switch to STORM. :)

• neuronervz

neuronervz Space Spelunker

Storm Version Nice, Ty

• clickeddaisy

clickeddaisy Big Damn Hero

Thank you sooo much for this mod. i can now finally start upping my friendship with everyone

• Syia

Syia Tentacle Wrangler

I heart you!

• Jigain

Jigain Phantasmal Quasar

So, did some testing...

Started up a new game, got both Haley and Leah up to one heart (barely) by day 3.
                    Slept for 25 days (to the 28th).
                    Checked social menu. Still at one heart with both Haley and Leah.

Yep, it works.

Also, I can confirm there's no missing first line of dialogue, it all seems to be there. However, and I'm not sure if this is because of this mod or if it's part of the vanilla game due to the people I talked to and what they were doing at the time, but there were times when NPCs would repeat their one line of dialogue ad infinitum rather than becoming non-interactive after the first time. I'll do some more testing on this tomorrow, try to narrow down if it's vanilla mechanics or mod-induced.

• kkaracho

kkaracho Void-Bound Voyager

thx a lot for storm version

• themaddoctor

themaddoctor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

will you be making the other one were it goes up everyday with out talking to ppl?
                        also thank you this!

• Helixis

Yeah I noticed that too. I haven't played a huge amount of the game so I'm not sure if it's the mod or not.

I can do if people want it. If I did I'd look into doing a config file so people can choose their own values for things like how much it decays/increases each day etc.

themaddoctor likes this.
                          • Jigain

Jigain Phantasmal Quasar

Oh, in that case could you let us set a limit as to when it stops as well? As far as I'm concerned, it makes sense that as you live there, even if you don't take the time to talk to everyone every day, over time everyone would come to trust you somewhat, maybe up to two hearts maximum. Anything over that I'd still want to work for. Likewise, there's probably a decent amount of people that want the friendship to decay but not below a set limit, such as five hearts.

• Helixis

That would be easy enough. I had an idea to make it so it only decays down to the heart limit, so you could still lose score but not any hearts.

Jigain and themaddoctor like this.
                              • Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you for the storm version! This is great :)

• pesard

pesard Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah would like the config for goes up everyday too

since i'm pretty fed up right now and want to marry the other girl and thinking to start new save file but too lazy to build up villager relationship

• themaddoctor

themaddoctor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

dont mean to make it sound rude, but are you updating it to so we can choose values? just wondering =)

• Helixis

If setting up a config file is relatively straightforward, I hope to update in the next couple of days.

themaddoctor likes this.
                                      • cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

It is straightforward. Zoryn did an excellent job adding a standard config class to Storm. You can take a look at Storm's GitLab and my own mod sources for how to set it up.

Speaking of source, are you planning to release yours? Every mod source released helps other modders learn and get better, especially now at the beginning when none of us know too much.

• Exulant

Exulant Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi Helixis,

first of all, thank you for your work.

I wanted to report a bug (or at least I think it is one) with your mod. I have exactly one Villager at 10 Hearts (Penny in case it is of any importance) and with this mod the the Hearts drop to 9 and cannot be increased anymore, whether by talking or gifting. I l looked at the relationship values in the savefile at one day and then again after several times sleeping and it remained at exactly 2498, just as any other relationship stayed the same. Even after I edited the save to 2500 the value changed to 2498 after sleeping.

And yes, I have the newest (as of now) version of Storm and any other mod is working fine. :)

In case there might be a conflict I'm listing all the mods I used:

BetterRNG
                                          CalendarAnywhere
                                          DurableFences
                                          FishingMod
                                          HealthBars
                                          MovementMod
                                          NoFriendshipDecay
                                          SimpleSprinkler
                                          TimeSpeed

Thanks, Exulant