Tool Storm Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Handsome Matt, Mar 7, 2016.

1. bedbug1226

bedbug1226 Void-Bound Voyager

Mine was doing that too till i got the most recent version.

• Shywinds

Shywinds Lucky Number 13

Is there a way to tell how many hearts an NPC has for the farmer? I'm looking through the API, but it eludes me, so has this been implemented in Storm or not as of yet?

• evilpdor

evilpdor Void-Bound Voyager

try to load storm without mod, if it work the problem is caused by the mod missing or non updated API. How to fix? wait a updated/fixed mod and stable Storm API because they change a lot of things in API and some mod don't work with this nightly build.

• montana123

montana123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I followed the Tutorial 100%. My Mods folder is besides the Content Folder in Appdata completely empty. I just want to run it without mods but instant crash.

• Shywinds

Shywinds Lucky Number 13

make sure you placed your injectors.json file where it needs to go. The last update revised the file, so it needs to be replaced if you have already done so. If you are using the new injectors.json then do not forget to rename it from injectors-1.02.json to injectors.json

• montana123

I did this allready. pasted into Appdata StardewValley -> Storm -> and named it injectors.json but nothing.

• Handsome Matt

Handsome Matt Aquatic Astronaut

Download the latest, we added some error messages. If it still crashes post your storm_log.txt

• montana123

Tried the latest but dont work.

Here is the console before crashing: http://imgur.com/bunVCmI

The error log says:
                  System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

• Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

That is an outdated build (or json file). NewDayCallback has been refactored to AfterNewDayCallback and BeforeNewDayCallback. I'm unsure of why this occured, but NewDayCallback should not be referenced anymore, unless, you forgot to update the injectors.json file. Try updating the injectors.json file in %AppData%\StardewValley\Storm\

• Handsome Matt

Handsome Matt Aquatic Astronaut

you also have a console wide open which I disabled in last nights release builds, so it's obviously not the latest??? and those errors also indicate injectors.json being outdated.

• weedling

weedling Space Hobo

Hey I just wanted to say great job. I've tried both SMAPI and storm.. and storm seems to be the best choice. I have begun work on some very cool mods. I look forward to API updates and would like to be a contributor as well. Keep it up. Thanks again!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
                        • isaac331

isaac331 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't boot the game at all with the stormloader.exe , http://imgur.com/ufHRSRN

Tried with both default version of game and the beta, same. Tried removing durablefences mod that I plan to use, still same.

I seem to have followed the instruction properly.

My storm is the latest from http://storm.handsomematt.co.uk/builds/ as of now.

• zeraxx

zeraxx Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm using the latest version of storm but still crash
                            Here is the log http://imgur.com/7GXorJM
                            My Stardew Valley version is 1.0.5 beta, maybe this is the case?

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

Seems like there are still alot of problems. i better wait before switching to Storm and update the mods i have on my game. :unsure:

• Disiesel

Disiesel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have the same issues, I managed to fix the temporarySpeedBuff but the rest I am unable to. And yes it seems to be related to the latest 1.0.5 beta build.

• Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

• kaetzer

kaetzer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

is there a tutorial on how to create mods for Storm? what language is used? i have a (very) basic understanding of C (going to increase, since we're going to learn it in school to program µcontrollers) and i would very much like to be a little more active if it's not too difficult ^^

• nickelcurry

nickelcurry Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think I'm getting different errors than the others posted, so I suspect I've loaded something incorrectly. Sorry, I'm very new to this kind of thing so I don't know if this is a very obvious mistake I've made. Here's the crash report: http://i.imgur.com/QlGEuyW.jpg Thanks!

• montana123

Here is the new Error Log. I downloaded the newest build from your Website Handsome Matt:

Loaded BerryBoost 1.0.0.0 by ThatNorthernMonkey
                                      [CecilFieldAccessorMutatorInjector] Could not find field!
                                      StardewValley.Game1 thumbstickMotionMargin System.Int32
                                      ThumbstickMotionMargin System.Int32 False
                                      [MappedInterceptorFactory`1] Failed to find obfuscated name to map
                                      ClickableMenuAccessor EmergencyShutDown EmergencyShutDown
                                      ClickableMenuAccessor Draw Draw
                                      ClickableMenuAccessor PerformHoverAction PerformHoverAction
                                      ClickableMenuAccessor ReadyToClose ReadyToClose
                                      ClickableMenuAccessor ReceiveGamePadButton ReceiveGamePadButton
                                      ClickableMenuAccessor ReceiveKeyPress ReceiveKeyPress
                                      ClickableMenuAccessor ReceiveLeftClick ReceiveLeftClick
                                      ClickableMenuAccessor ReceiveRightClick ReceiveRightClick
                                      ClickableMenuAccessor ReceiveScrollWheelAction ReceiveScrollWheelAction
                                      ClickableMenuAccessor Update Update

I get the same one!

• weedling

weedling Space Hobo

There is not a tutorial, but there are some mod examples in the Storm API source. Zoryn4163 also has some examples on his GitHub. The code is in C#. I will think about releasing a tutorial if people still want one..