RELEASED [Storm] CraftPlus! - Craft items using resources from chests 0.05

Craft items using resources in your chests instead of just your character inventory

1. ThatNorthernMonkey

ThatNorthernMonkey Aquatic Astronaut

Actively writing it now (in a different way).. basically writing is as a separate full-on replacement for the default crafting page (opened using a re-bindable hotkey), which will allow for custom crafting and cooking recipes to be added to the game. Also hoping to have a tidier looking crafting screen with features (like filters, sorting etc).

Might take a while but I need it for the Butchery mod, so it has to be done either way :)

• This JustIn

This JustIn Tentacle Wrangler

LOL. Uhh. You're gonna hate me for this, but -- heh. I found another issue where it's not letting me craft something, regardless of whether it's in fridge, chests, inventory, or whatever. I'm actually guessing this time around it's because the ingredients are all different qualities! This time, it's for seeds again - not fall... but you got it - winter.

• This JustIn

No crashing or freezing this time though. Just not allowing to craft.

• Umeneko

Umeneko Void-Bound Voyager

I'd love this for smapi, i had it on storm and got spoiled and now i miss it. So nice to be able to craft fishing lures on the fly. By the way is it supposed to let you upgratde tools without having the bars in your pocket? Because it seems like I was given the option. Though I didn't ever try it.

• Rakisha

Rakisha Master Chief

For me this mod doesn't work. Storm shows that is loaded but I can't craft or cook.

• ThatNorthernMonkey

Sorry guys - I loaded up Storm and CraftPlus this morning (having not changed it since last update) an it crashed a few times hitting the E key, when it did work I couldn't replicate the problem..

I hate to do this, but I'm not supporting the Storm version any longer, this includes bug fixes. The reason is 100% because I'm writing CraftPlus for SMAPI as we speak, and it's the only thing I'm working on until it's finished. Hopefully done within the next few days, so I can only suggest you stop using CraftPlus for Storm and wait for the SMAPI release. Apologies! :(

Dark1x likes this.
              • Unatan

Unatan Aquatic Astronaut

Been wanting this for SMAPI, happy to know it's in the works

• Vaeltis

Vaeltis Space Spelunker

Sucks that you won't be keeping this updated for Storm, as Craft Plus, No Soil Decay and Harvest with the Scythe are core mods that I use now and can only use all 3 on Storm. But can't be helped when Storm isn't be updated regularly

• ThatNorthernMonkey

It's a shame Storm is now deprecated, it had promise. I guess these things happen though unfortunately :-/

As a sidenote, made no real progress on the port today as I was playing about with some pixel art. Back on it tomorrow, hopefully get the GUI side sorted so I can start implementing the main code.

• Vaeltis

Vaeltis Space Spelunker

Indeed, its a sad time for something that had so much promise. As a suggestion, would it be possible to make it so items that we have in chests don't highlight red when it's not in our inventory, and only highlight it red when there is no more of that material in any possible locations that the mod pulls from?

So like if you want to make a chest, but you don't have the wood in your inventory but you do in some other chest. The GUI will show that you can make the chest but it will highlight in red that you don't have the required wood on hand.

• ThatNorthernMonkey

This is already planned :)

• Umeneko

When the SMAPI version is complete, would it be possible for it to find items stored in the basement created by the FarmHouseExtended mod?

• Midaychi

Midaychi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Literally the only reason I'm still using storm, is this mod.

• ThatNorthernMonkey

Sorry mate, currently waiting for CLxS to release the re-write of SMAPI before doing anything really big. Sometime this week he said.

charlottenoyen likes this.
                              • This JustIn

I'm with Midaychi. Honestly, the only reason I'm using storm is specifically because of this mod. I can see maybe 2 other mods on SMAPI that I'd like, but combined they don't equal the usefulness of the QoL this mod does.

• cossack1977

cossack1977 Intergalactic Tourist

Just wondering how this was going. Cant wait to have this mod. Will actually start cooking food in the game.

• stunvn

stunvn Void-Bound Voyager

I'm waiting for SMAPI

bararaqsigh likes this.
                                    • Juliet

Juliet Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, call me a noob but I definitely need help. I do plenty of modding using STORM and read some instructions on a before thread but I still didn't follow where exactly to put what files. Can anyone help me with this?

• ExtraBlankGaming

ExtraBlankGaming Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is the SMAPI version of this still in the works?

• Umeneko

Dropped?