RELEASED [Storm] CraftPlus! - Craft items using resources from chests 0.05

Craft items using resources in your chests instead of just your character inventory

1. Umeneko

Umeneko Void-Bound Voyager

Installed and now i cannot cook most items even while having ingredients. Will uninstall for now, see if it's still a problem, but nice mod otherwise.

Edit: I'm not trying to cook using the mod mechanics of having ingredients, they're all in the fridge/bag

• ThatNorthernMonkey

ThatNorthernMonkey Aquatic Astronaut

• ThatNorthernMonkey

Argh. Was really confused reading that this morning in bed. I wrap the entry to my code in a check to make sure it isn't a cooking recipe.

Except yesterday morning I forgot to revert my branch after looking at cooking recipes, and deciding not to go ahead and implement the FarmHouse accessors just yet - so the check was removed for 0.03. Two lines of code added back in! Should work as intended now. Apologies.

Superior_s likes this.
      • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Are you going to make a SMAPI version of this? Sorry if it's been mentioned in thread.

• ThatNorthernMonkey

I was looking at it yesterday and it's a bit difficult tbh (at least with my day-old understanding of SMAPI). Using Storm you can hook into events and actually return early from them (i.e., the native Stardew Valley code doesn't run). This has the effect of pretty much "overriding" a Stardew Valley method at runtime. I relied on this for the Storm version as I implemented my own check to see if we had the ingredients, and also what to do once the crafting was complete. No such feature exists yet for SMAPI so it either needs a new approach, or wait until CLxS implements such a thing (which he has confirmed he wants to at some point).

07ggn and Superior_s like this.
          • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Alright thanks for telling me and explaining why.

ThatNorthernMonkey likes this.
            • Midaychi

Midaychi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The download link still points to version 0.03

• ThatNorthernMonkey

• ThatNorthernMonkey

Unfortunately the latest releases of Storm are a bit broken while undergoing a full re-write, you will have to use the files contained in the download zip here

• This JustIn

This JustIn Tentacle Wrangler

Hey NorthernMonkey. Very good mod. Improved quality of life for gameplay tremendously. So first and foremost, thank you.

Having an issue where... Sometimes, it doesn't even recognize that I can craft Wild Seeds (Fall). So I move stuff around, bring stuff into my inventory - and sometimes then it comes up as craftable. However, if I try and ever make more than 1 of them (and sometimes even on the first click too) the game freezes and crashes.

• ThatNorthernMonkey

Strange, let me look into this! Any additional info is great (ingredients in your inventory, in your chest, across multiple chests? crafting location).. are you on the latest version of the mod?

• ThatNorthernMonkey

Could I possibly grab your save file please? Could just zip it and email it to thatnorthernmonkey@gmail.com or something - I dont have the ingredients to make the fall seeds and none of the save file editors want to save new stack sizes of things argh.

• This JustIn

This JustIn Tentacle Wrangler

No problem. Incoming. Gimme 5 minutes.

• ThatNorthernMonkey

I need to update OP, doesn't work with items in the fridge at the moment as the fridge is a field on the FarmHouse class. As for the crashing when in inventory - that definitely shouldn't be happening. Debugging :)

Edit: I see the problem. Its specifically when there are multiple ingredients in your characters inventory required for this recipe, and at least one of them is on its last quantity (about to be used in this craft). Head-scratcher, fixing now.

Edit #2: Think I've got it. Doing a few more tests to make sure.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
                            This JustIn likes this.
                          • ThatNorthernMonkey

• ThatNorthernMonkey

Fixed. Thank you very much for the bug report :)

This JustIn likes this.
                            • Umeneko

Umeneko Void-Bound Voyager

Wow. Thanks so much for fixing things so quickly.

• Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

Okay I'm reading over your readme file and as a peon I just don't understand how we are supposed to install it. Are we supposed to copy the files in the secondary folder to the storm in %appdata% put the mod in the mod folder then run with your stormloader? Or do we just put the secondary folder into the storm %appdata% then load with your stormloader? It might help if you clarify the readme file a bit rather than just pointing them to the youtube on how to install storm.

The second question I have is will this interfere with any other mods that are STORM enabled because you are replacing the files?

Also It might help to point people to the current storm build that the files overlap like these files will overlap Storm-0.1.1.0_GIT-ba81e46 (an example) release of the STORM API.

Also if you could add a config file that would either limit what crafting is used from the chests like having normal crafting and cooking. So like Crafting - True, Cooking - False or to disable using legendary fish so that if you want to cook with them you would actually have to have the ingredients on-hand.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
                                • Midaychi

Midaychi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You need to install a version of normal storm first, (Technically you only need everything that goes in the root stardew folder in steamapps besides the main exe, but just install everything to be sure)
                                  Then install the edited version of storm from this zip over that. Assuming the storm dev doesn't spontaneously combust into a flurry of changes to base functions, the edited version of storm should function with all other storm mods due to it only having added functionality, not specifically directly altered functionality of existing hooks.
                                  Then install this mod like a storm mod.

• ChefRude

ChefRude Big Damn Hero

Rats. Im using SMAPI... :\ I want this mod so bad.