RELEASED [Storm] and [SMAPI] FreezeInside Mod--Freeze Time While Indoors Like Harvest Moon!

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by cantorsdust, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

Creep is correct, I have mine set to freeze time in the mines also - are you sure you saved the .ini after editing it? Forgive me if it sounds rude but it's an easy thing to overlook sometimes.

• BlushingCreep

BlushingCreep Phantasmal Quasar

100% certain. I've tried multiple things, but I'm positive I saved the .ini. I've viewed it many times. :rofl:

• Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

and both files are in the /stardewvalley/mods/ folder correct?

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Pushed out 2 versions today.

1.3.1 will hopefully correct any logic error preventing time from being frozen in the mines/caves. It's for SMAPI 0.37+

1.4 is FreezeInside ported to Storm. It offers the new config option, LetMachinesRunWhileTimeFrozen. By default it's set to true. Some users did not like that your machines continue to run while you are inside and time is frozen--they consider it cheaty. They may set this value to false to prevent machines from running while time is frozen.

Get them both at https://github.com/cantorsdust/FreezeInside/releases

• Cpan

Cpan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To everyone having Unknown Command errors:
            "Social Editor Menu with NPC Locations" seems to break the trainermod. I spent about 20 minutes troubleshooting the trainer before realizing this mod was breaking it.

• cantorsdust

Storm updated to 1.4.2 to reflect an internal API change. If you're using the most recent version of Storm, get 1.4.2.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
              • BlushingCreep

I figured it out, I think. It's /always/ going to take the .ini info from the %appdata% folder BEFORE anything else. As a Steam user, my files are all located elsewhere, but your mods duplicate the .ini into the %appdata% folder, which I never use. So, I changed the .inis there, and I'm gonna see how it works. I'll update when I get a chance to check.

• cantorsdust

This is correct. It looks in %appdata% first. Frankly, it's considered poor programming form to be messing around in a folder that may or may not be located in C:\Program Files and setting off people's UAC.

• BlushingCreep

Understandable. It's just that I didn't know it wouldn't accept the .inis that are located in my Steam-nested folders. ^.^ Lesson learned!

• saladd

saladd Void-Bound Voyager

I'm using the SMAPI 1.3.1 release and i'm having time freeze of next morning being the same as time when going to sleep on last night. It's not resetting to 6 AM. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

• Morfius

Morfius Aquatic Astronaut

Yes, im using the same Version (because im not a dev and dont know what to do with storm sourcecode :D) and have the same problem. It runs fine, but that time problem is... pretty bad.

• Clovilah

Clovilah Void-Bound Voyager

I'm sorry I am a little confused about how to use this. Do you need SMAPI, this Storm thing or both? I don't know what Storm is really, I am only just now getting used to SMAPI honestly. I dunno about using two programs.

• Elson Shale

Elson Shale Tentacle Wrangler

Make that 3 of us?

• Doonutful

Doonutful Void-Bound Voyager

I was using this mod just now and when i went to sleep to save my game I woke up at 9.30 pm on Thursday when I fell asleep at 9.30 pm on Wednesdays. Is this a bug or is this patched in a newer release?

• cantorsdust

Welp, I'm an idiot. Somehow in my rush to push this out for Storm and fix the mine/cave bug I re-added an old bug back to 1.3.1. Corrected in 1.3.2 https://github.com/cantorsdust/FreezeInside/releases

Thanks for the reports, very sorry for any inconvenience.

• Svered

Svered Astral Cartographer

Is there an event that triggers when a dialogue box comes up? Looking through the API I didn't really see anything, but figured I'd ask here.

• cantorsdust

In SMAPI? No. In Storm? I believe so, and if not it can be added easily.

• Svered

Svered Astral Cartographer

I accidentally posted in the wrong thread. Thanks for the reply though. I'll move this discussion over there.

• Fensfield

Fensfield Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry for making this my first post on the game's forums.. but I'm a little stuck!

I've compiled Storm and got it to launch the game as it ought (the [?] at bottom right of the title screen shows the storm version and all, and launching through the Storm executable) .. but FreezeInside just doesn't seem to be working. I'm not getting any errors, and I'm certain everything's named and placed where it ought be (..\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\FreezeInside). But when I launch, Storm reports 0 mods loaded on the [?] screen and time continues to trundle along while I'm indoors.

Am I missing anything? Some way of telling Storm the mod is there or the like?

Thanks.. hope I can get this working, it'll really add something to not have to rush about while trying to decorate >.>

• cantorsdust

Sounds like you installed it correctly. However, a couple of things to note:

1. Storm mods now require a manifest.json to identify them. This was a recently added requirement--FreezeInside was only ported yesterday and is already out of date.
                                          2. This is a good thing because the events called by FreezeInside have been renamed, so if it was loaded your game would crash :p

Don't download my Storm mod unless you're a developer looking to see the source. Wait for the Storm release.