RELEASED [Storm] and [SMAPI 0.4]BuildEndurance Mod. Increase your max stamina as you play!

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by zipy199522, Mar 11, 2016.

1. jepic

jepic Void-Bound Voyager

A great mechanic for this mod would being allowing your character to work out at the spa's gym to gain stamina

• Genn Faol

Genn Faol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you gonna port to SMAPI? Apparently certain people forced their will on everyone else and basically killed Storm, and I don't really want to play the game without your mods anymore.

Drogean likes this.
      • zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll have to look more into the modding community situation as it stands. I haven't been at my computer very much this last week so I'll have to see how to move forward myself. Thanks for letting me know, and I'll look around to see what I can/can't do!

• Genn Faol

Well, thanks for responding, anyway. It would be really great if this could be ported, since apparently everyone else is going back to SMAPI exclusively, and some of the Storm versions are buggy and not getting fixed anymore since people are dropping Storm. Your Health/Endurance mods are the only ones I use that only exist for Storm, but they're so useful that I really don't want to play Stardew Valley without them, even if it means keeping the other outdated mods.

• zipy199522

Just finished porting over BuildEndurance and BuildHealth to SMAPI. It was a bit challenging due to the fact that I lost some useful functionality, but it's for the better.

Here you go, hope you have fun playing updated mods. =)

https://github.com/janavarro95/Stardew_Valley_Mods

ThatNorthernMonkey likes this.
            • Genn Faol

Heh, thanks. You're awesome. :nuruawe:

ThatNorthernMonkey likes this.
              • 7H3LaughingMan

7H3LaughingMan Void-Bound Voyager

Any chance you can add some sort of feature to save the data individually for characters?

• zipy199522

Consider it done. Updated BuildEndurance and BuildHealth to reflect this request. If you wish to keep your progress, keep the old BuildEndurance_data file and copy over the information into the BuildEndurance_data_(character's name).txt to affect that specific character.

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you are still up for suggestions on ways to increase stamina, then I would like to toss out fishing as a way. The act of fishing itself, not just using the fishing pole. Fishing in the game is exhausting. All of the fish have a different difficulty and stamina used values. I was thinking that it would be great if trying to catch a fish would increase stamina a little while actually catching one would increase it a little more.

There is also passing out in the mines or on the farm. Working until exhaustion could increase stamina too as doing so would work sort of like it would in RL where slowly the character would build more endurance and would be able to withstand more before succumbing next time. Ignoring the logistics of being completely sore and tired the next day, however. ;) Or it could work like it does for Saiyans where almost dying increases their power. :D

Would you mind stating if the version of SMPI matters or not in the OP?

EDIT: Saw there is a mod for increase health in the download section. I was thinking that passing out would be a great way to increase health as well as getting hit by monsters in the mines.

• zipy199522

I like those ideas actually! It might be a bit challenging to do all the calculations per each fish due to the differences in API to XNB but MIGHT be able to do something to check if_fishing, and if_fish_caught are true values like that.

I could also do something where if the character reaches exhaustion, this as well could increase max stamina by a little bit.

Also I want to see if interacting with the Gym could increase max stamina as well.

Those ideas would be great for building health actually! I'll keep all that information in mind and update the mods when I get a chance next. =)

endermaryn likes this.
                      • Ordaeanu

Ordaeanu Poptop Tamer

Mod isnt working correctly for me.I only gain the 10 exp from sleeping,I don't get any from using a tool or eating.I haven't changed anything in config file and i also have your build health mod which works fine.Tried to see if my character was bugged by making a new one but same problem, only exp from sleeping

Playing on stardew valley v1.07 and SMAPI v0.39.6

• zipy199522

Probably something broke with the new SMAPI update. I'll work on it tomorrow after my last midterm.

Drogean likes this.
                          • Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thanks for continuing work on this Zipy, you are a massivly important part of this community!:poke::up:

• zipy199522

Hey just wanted to let you know that I update BuildHealth and BuildEndurance to SMAPI .40 and SDV 1.07. I fixed the glitch pertaining to not getting any xp gain. I am also currently trying to look into ways to get more xp via fishing however I haven't had any luck so far as it seems like there isn't a clear cut way to check if the player is fishing or to check which fish they just caught due to the fact that the code checks what the largest fish you have caught is. Still I'll have to look into the exhaustion code portion (which shouldn't be too hard) this weekend was way busier than anticipated and I for sure dropped the ball with programming the last few days, but I'll make sure to keep this up to date to the best of my ability!

• Krecik

Krecik Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks for the mod, IMO the game was really missing a way to level up your endurance outside of gathering stardrops!

Unfortunately, I found a bug related to those stardrops... Right after eating one, my max endurance went up by 34 points, as it should. But after beginning the next day the max endurance went down to the state before getting the power up. I managed to get around it by adding the required amount to the player config in the 'Initial stam boost' section. but it's not ideal. After that workaround it effectively works as it should, but each time I get a new stardorp I need to manually increase the initial stam boost to reflect the changes in game.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
                                • EricRonin

EricRonin Void-Bound Voyager

Umm, i'm very confused as to how to use this mod atm. In your description, you mention using a text file to configure things, but when i downloaded the files there is no text files to be found. Even the Readme file is in a weird format that i can't open. How do i config things?

• Krecik

The first time you run the game with the mod enabled it will create the config file.

• EricRonin

I did that, but it's still not making any config files.

• Krecik

Did you try going to sleep with the mod enabled? If that doesn't help, then the mod author is going to have to help you ;)

• EricRonin

Just tested that, still no config files or anything. Can't even tell if the mod itself is working. Just to be 100% clear on the install, do you simply put the folder itself with it's files inside into the mods folder, or do you place the files into the mods folder like with most other mods? I've tried both before, but didn't try sleeping with the second method so i wanted to ask to make sure.