1. This forum is for website and forum feedback ONLY. Please post Starbound bugs in the Support section. Any game-specific threads in this forum will be deleted.

Feedback Steam workshop mod recomanded description requirements

Discussion in 'Website Feedback/Issues' started by mrmthood, Jul 17, 2017.

?

should this be in the starbounds workshop?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2017.
  1. yeah i guess

57.1%
  2. HELL NO! this allows no freedom of the creators!

28.6%
  3. mabey? im kinda on bolth sides...

14.3%
  1. mrmthood

mrmthood Void-Bound Voyager

I love that Chuckefish started the workshop mod page for steam. its a great addition for people who dont know about mods and want to get into it without much work. but there one problem: the descriptions of the mods. most of the mods i find have very vauge descriptions. take this one for example: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974012554

all it tells us is that it upgrades weppons. but what weppons? is it combatable with other mods? is it server or client side? for me these are the most important questions for this mod, and everyone has to ask in the comments. and its kinda stressfull becaouse that steam account might only for summiting mods, or is rarely used, and it might take a while to get an answer. now i propose a solution. have minimum requirements when summiting a mod. you have to tell what it does in its entiredy, and you have to say if its client side or server side. for me, i kinda need it to be client side becaouse i like to play starbound with friends, and some friends caint download mods becaouse of steam family thingie or whatever its called. If it dosent have the minimum requirements, creators should have about 3 days or a tiny bit more to fix it, untill it is worthy of being taken down. im saying 3 days becaouse some creators dont have much time, so 3 days should be the minimum of fixing things. if you want to do more, like say a week or hell even a month, im fine with that. just make it sutible for everyones needs and make it so then everyone can get the info at some time or another. Please consiter this, and sorry for my shit grammer and spelling.

2. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

All those "requirements" aren't obvious when you're making a mod; the client/server distinction can be hard to understand, and people might not want to go through (that implies finding) all of the other existing mods to find out what they do, how they do it and if there's collision

Besides, I don't think the workshop offers such moderation automation, so it'd require actual moderators to do that job, which'd be pretty much hell

3. mrmthood

mrmthood Void-Bound Voyager

I guess now that you say that it would be pretty hetic... but for the first part you said, after you make the mod and test it, you should figure out. it dosent matter if its in development or after, it should still have that info.

4. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's your point of view, I could very well say that "after you subscribe to a mod and test it, you should figure out"; again, some people just want to have their item/idea in the game and don't know about how everything works nor how others do play the game;