1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting a Brand New Character for Frackin'Universe??

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ooghost1oo, Apr 26, 2017.

?

Start a Brand New Character for Frackin Universe?

1. Yes, for the experience.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Yes, but only because I don't want the mod affecting my advanced Vanilla character.

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. No, because I want to use my advanced Vanilla character for fun/ease

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. No, because it's too hard with a brand new character

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes, other

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. No, other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ooghost1oo

ooghost1oo Big Damn Hero

My friends and I just finished playing through the entire vanilla game (1.2), defeated Ruin, explored some ancient vaults, etc., and want to try Frackin-Universe.

Trying to determine if the general consensus is, for the full experience of the new mod, should we start over with FU with brand new Level 0 characters? Or continue with our high-powered characters from the first game? I understand that using our old characters would basically corrupt them for future vanilla play if they're exposed to the mod. Would you guys recommend starting over with FU?

2. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

I haven't played it yet myself, but it looks like it has content geared towards a variety of tiers, so it seems like you'd be missing out on some of that if you came in with an endgame vanilla character. I certainly intent to use a fresh character for the full experience when I get around to trying it.

3. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

The best way to experiment FU is a new character as there are a LOT of addition to progression, including weapons, armors, medicines, building materials and amenities, and a lot more. All of it is merged with the Vanilla progression so an end game character would miss a large part of it.