1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED StarTech Alpha v0.29-4d530ea

Transmatter networks! Technological advancements like you'd expect in a universe like Starbound's!

1. zetaPRIME

zetaPRIME Pangalactic Porcupine

...the t1 pulse cell is set to unlock them though...? maybe dump any you're carrying into a chest and pick them back up?

2. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

I'll try it again and let you know.

EDIT: Worked that time. Looking back through my inventory, I think I crafted the T1 relay twice and never actually did the pulse cell. Thanks.

3. zetaPRIME

zetaPRIME Pangalactic Porcupine

4. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

That issues has been known for a while, but since zetaPRIME hasn't been able to duplicate that problem, there's no way for zeta to figure out what's causing it and how to solve it.

5. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

You are aware there's the edit button for posts, right? It's generally considered better form to use that rather than double- or tripleposting.

6. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Just posting this as a warning to everyone, do NOT put an augpack in a mannequin. Might be an issue with Enhanced Storage though. Forums are having problems again so I can't upload the log, so have a Pastebin link.

https://pastebin.com/6yb3jF4w

7. Gallent

Gallent Void-Bound Voyager

I noticed a post back a bit ago mentioning the configurator crash. I just want to ask, has any progress been made with that? This mod looks great, the only other real problem that I'm seeing (But haven't had the pleasure to experience myself) is the item loss. However, I'm holding off installing it properly for now, due to the fact that the configurator freezes the game, then kicks me to the main menu, giving me the error Below.

Exception caught in client main-loop
    (AssetException) Error loading asset
    /interface/tech/configurator/configurator.config

https://pastebin.com/8PexAdC2

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  8. Gallent

What do you mean the original one? I just got the latest version of it. And I don't think he's 'Refusing' anything, seeing that he was talking to people quite a lot not too long ago.

9. Gallent

startech does not have a file called "Packed.pak". It has startech.pak and stardustlib.pak, which go in the mods folder, and nothing else. I don't know why you think I'd have to replace a vanilla file when that's not listed in the instructions, and the mod doesn't have a file that replaces it.

10. SkinHeadBaby

SkinHeadBaby Big Damn Hero

so i searched a lot but i cant find how to make resonite crystal anyone have any idea?
    i assume it would be something in the autosmelther but have no idea what

11. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Aegisalt, Ferozium, Violium, and Solarium in the Autosmelter will get you a small chance to get a Resonite Fragment, then it's 5 fragments for a crystal.

12. SkinHeadBaby

SkinHeadBaby Big Damn Hero

thanks would have never guessed that recipe had no idea i needed 4 materials in there the same time

edit:never mind smelting the ore gives extras... just did it and i would have never found that since i actualy use other mod that adds machines to double/quardruple the ores and i barely used that smelther :D

13. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

SkyeTheTerribleBeastie Pangalactic Porcupine

So... I transfer all the items I've collected into a 256k(?) storage drive (almost 1/4 full as a guess) on my ship, transport it and the parts for a computer (monitor, glowy box, drive bay, the drive), set it all up in my new base, check on the drive, everything seems to be there. I search for then shift-click a stack of pressurized steel plates (for building more of the base), and they get popped into my inventory. I clear the search bar, and... nothing. Literally nothing in the drive but 8 M.Modules. Just lost ~4 weeks of progress, which is a lot considering I have ~50 mods installed. I'd post the log, but I think it was overwritten when I panic-restarted Starbound. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Restarted Starbound, items are still gone. ;_;

I'm not going to rate the mod down, because it's still indev, but damn...
    Possible cause of the glitch: rapid shift-clicking items out (most likely), space magic (just as likely), mod conflict (highly unlikely).

Setup was: Transmatter controller (x1), Transmatter Terminal (x1), Drive bay (x1), 256k Storage Drive (x2, one empty to begin with).
    All wired properly, as it's near impossible to miswire.

14. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Two storage drives used at the same time is one of the few things that is actually known to cause errors (albeit not consistently, since the dev hasn't been able to reproduce this bug).

15. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

Haha that's hilarious, since I would never even have enough items to fill the first one, even half way!

Like, of all the things I could have done and run into, I run into the only bug, and it's only the second bug/error I've ran into with this pack! Well, failing to start the game is part of modding, so that doesn't count. But still. It actually makes losing all those items ok, since there weren't any weapons, just stuff that I crafted or mined. And with four characters and a now localized base for them to use, this is actually what I needed to convince me to stop exploring space and stick to a planet to mine. :U
    Well, asteroid mining first, of course.
    All my densinium and solarium... should've made that set of armor before messing with storage... ;~;

-- merged doublepost

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2018
  16. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

You could always just use admin mode to spawn back the stuff you had in there.

17. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

I could, but since I don't remember how much of each, I'll mine it back since then it's entirely legit, instead of pretty sure mostly legit. Yeah? I'm still going to use Startech storage, but use only one drive. Even put the other drive inside it.

18. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

quick question is there a way to make it where your power generators and fracken universe power generators and power/charge each others batteries/stashions?

19. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Last I heard {and saw}, they're fully compatible with each other.

20. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I was wondering, could you perhaps make a larger variant of the telepads that, rather than "normal teleporter, preset destination teleporter, ship teleporter" instead lets you do one of three things (with the same "use wrench to configure which of the three you do" setup as the normal telepads): spawn in the player's mech, deploy the player with their mech to a prechosen mech telepad, open a list of telepads to deploy to (basically a faux, mech deployment version of normal teleporters)?

In the same vein, how about a device that is cheaper than the above mech telepads to craft, but uses flux pulse energy to spawn in mech refill batteries?