1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED StarTech Alpha v0.29-4d530ea

Transmatter networks! Technological advancements like you'd expect in a universe like Starbound's!

1. Labrego

Labrego Void-Bound Voyager

game crashes as soon as i click the matter manipulator, on the new menu with the configuration button, am I installing it wrong? Isn´t the lib alrdy on the release package? Only mods i have is frakin universe.

2. zetaPRIME

zetaPRIME Pangalactic Porcupine

...that... shouldn't be happening :speechless:

3. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

It is worth noting that only a small set of FU EPPs will work with the Augpack. The ones like Poison II, Heating II, Radiation III, etc. work, but the special ones like Thermal Shell, Type-S Survival, will cause a CTD. Also causing CTDs are the Lantern/Halogen/Xenon light packs.

Attached Files:

4. zetaPRIME

okay, the EPP crash (and some related weirdness) is fixed in the latest commit (and therefore, next update); you can get the fix right now from current git state

5. zetaPRIME

6. zetaPRIME

7. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I wonder, would a battery augment (that just allows you to hold extra fluxpulse) for the augpack be a possibility? Or would it be too difficult to prevent that from doing something weird to a normal EPP?

8. zetaPRIME

That's coming eventually... I just need to code stacking logic for the configurator

9. zetaPRIME

10. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

So, what exactly are the new telepads?

11. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Pads that can be configured to act as quick 1-way teleports to other pads and vanilla/ship teleporters. Control-rightclick with a wrench to open the GUI.

12. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

So basically the opposite of vanilla's flags, then.

EDIT: Ah, I see. It's a teleporter with multiple modes. I'm not quite sure what Ship mode does, though, since, while it says it's supposed to set it as your ship's teleporter, you still end up teleporting back to your ship's normal teleporter when beaming up. It's also too bad that you couldn't get it to access the normal teleporter bookmark list. I'm also not sure what exactly the use of them is supposed to be. From what I understand, they're basically exactly the same as normal teleporters, just more expensive and with the ability to lock them to one location.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  13. zetaPRIME

Ship mode is for acting as the teleporter of your custom ship; the linked modes are most useful for public servers and the like, to give an easy link from one place to another (and back) that just anyone can take without needing the bookmark ahead of time.

14. ScreamingCommie

ScreamingCommie Void-Bound Voyager

After installing I get this error, uninstalled and it goes away. Using frackin' universe addon

Attached Files:

15. zetaPRIME

...uhh, no idea; log gives no indication of where the problem is whatsoever

16. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Ah, ok. So the difference between ship mode and regular teleporter mode is basically that it doesn't have to have a bookmark?

I think I might have fun using these to make quick-travel rooms in my base.

17. zetaPRIME

That, and the ship teleporter has the option of beaming down or deploying mech to the current planet, while a normal teleporter just has a beam up option.

DraikNova likes this.
  18. zetaPRIME

zetaPRIME updated StarTech with a new update entry:

Alpha v0.25

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Might want to explain somewhere that you can use the Autosmelter to turn erchius fuel into the solid blocks; that really wasn't obvious immediately.

20. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

Hey, so how to we craft the new power units? I can see them in the tinker table when admin is turned on, but not otherwise. I tried crafting a regular pulse cell and it didn't add any additional recipes... what am I missing?