1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Xbox One + PS4: Known Issues/Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by mollygos, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Excellent news, thanks very much to all concerned for working so hard on this patch and getting it released so fast.

Good luck fixing the PS4 Pro problems too.

• Kongfoojunkie

Kongfoojunkie Seal Broken

Same here man, tried everything to advance the day no luck :(

• orx24

orx24 Intergalactic Tourist

It wont be long now though. It sucks because i was making a huge prep for spring. But this has given me time to make bluprints for my farm that hopefully I will have fully operational by Year 3 at the latest. They're sweet.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Stardew devs - please don't forget to fix the music and sound issues that the game also has on the PS4 (and presumably Xbox One as well).

• Mikek

Mikek Tentacle Wrangler

So music problem was not fixed in the latest patch i assume?

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

No mention of it in the patch notes so I guess not

• Mikek

Mikek Tentacle Wrangler

Well, I tried to fish for 10 minutes and music was on whole time, before patch I only needed like 20 seconds to break it. :) But I could have just been lucky this time.

• Cryptid Tracker

Cryptid Tracker Space Hobo

Sorry! I didn't see this http://stardewvalley.net/upcoming-xbox-and-ps4-patch/ before I posted!

I've been playing the game a lot since it realeased a few days ago, and it's far better than I was expecting. Only had minor issues for the most part; slight stutters occasionally, and maybe one game crash at the end of the day per season causing me to have to redo everything for that day, but I can live with that.

However, I just reached the end of Winter, 28th day, and the game has crashed 3 times in a row before saving at the end of the day. I'd really like to continue binging this game, but I'm fairly certain the game will just continue to crash and I'm not keen on repeating the same day for the 4th time, or more beyond that.

The things I did during this day, that I've repeated 3 times now, are as follows:
                  - Recieve 35 stone from George in the mail.
                  - Feed the chickens in the coop.
                  - Use the minecart to go to the mines and progress from levels 85 to 90.
                  - Take the minecart back to town to donate the Prehistoric Tool and Amphibian Fossil to the museum.
                  - Take the minecart back to the mines, then head to the spa to regenerate health and stamina.
                  - Return to the mines and encounter Abagail's 10 heart cutscene.
                  - Progress through levels 90 to 95 in the mine.
                  - Return home and sort the loot into my chests, then going to sleep for the next day, and Spring, to arrive.

• It crashes before saving.
                  • It does not crash when loading the save after the crash.
                  • I did not put anything in the shipping bin.
                  • I did not buy any buildings or house upgrades from Robin, I did not complete any bundles, I did not buy a Joja membership.
                  • I couldn't specify whether or not there was any hitching/freezing because I've grown used to the game doing that. It's safe to assume there probably was.
                  • I have used the Exit to Title option last night before I stopped playing.

I apologize for any typos or grammatical errors, I am typing this out on my phone. Absolutely love this game, and cannot wait to get back to playing if/when this gets fixed!

Sorry! I didn't see this http://stardewvalley.net/upcoming-xbox-and-ps4-patch/ before I posted!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
                  • orx24

Thanks for the effort in this post, but they actually have already made a patch and it has been released on PS4 with Xbox still pending approval.

Cryptid Tracker likes this.
                    • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Cryptid Tracker

Sorry, I didn't see this beforehand. Good to know!

• Cryptid Tracker

• orx24

It's neat to see how people spent the first year too. Like i haven't chosen a love interest and my highest relationship is 7 hearts with Linus. But I have finished the mine and am over halfway done with the bundles. Also I have 3 buildings from Robin.

• Eerie

Eerie Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah it's pretty neat to see. All I did was beat the mines to the bottom level and got the skull key, married Penny, won all the special events that had contests, completed two bundles and upgraded my house and bought the stable. Honestly didn't do much farming except a ton of melons to speed rush penny's relationship. Everything else I just created wild seeds per season which helped my foraging and farming grow immensely. Year 2 will be nothing but farming now that I have mines out of the way and my fishing to level 5.

orx24 and Cryptid Tracker like this.
                          • MrAddled

MrAddled Orbital Explorer

Other than a few freezes, or being kicked to dashboard when ending a day, I had Robin (I think/Carpenter lady) ask for 30 wood, and when I turned it in, she thanked me for stone that I wasn't carrying and paid me.
                            My lumber stayed where it was. While I benefited, just thought you should know. Assuming that sort of thing can lead to other problems. I was waiting for it to freeze for several game days.

• orx24

I forgot about the festivals. I accidentally ruined the potluck not knowing about quality of items yet I literally just got a fish on the way to the festival and a crappie one at that, a sunfish I think. But I won both the fall festival and the ice fishing contest. Btw screw Gus for that last minute albacore request, it wasted 1 of the last 3 days of winter.

• Eerie

Eerie Void-Bound Voyager

Damn it, I did gus' stupid albacore request... I can't remember was that the 27th or 28th? Regardless I think I have some in my fridge at home and I'll just give it to him after the patch before year 2. You're right though, what a bogus request. I got a fridge full of fish to make into sashimi (you learn how to make it from Linus, linus and the wizard are both super helpful, pretty sure Linus is a gormant. He's always talking how to cook and stuff later on in friendship levels.) I love everyone in town, except Shane and Hailey. I make it a point to give them both dirty old clams everytime I see them. Hailey is vapid and Shane's a jerk.

orx24 likes this.
                                • orx24

Yeah Linus always sends me fish and recipes

• Otistheviking

Otistheviking Space Hobo

I've had this issue 3 or 4 times, it comes on days when I seem to be the most productive. My games already in english. Most times it crashes before the saving icon comes up but it just happened as the save icon started and the just shoots me out into the dashboard and all my progress for that day is gone...

• MikesDemise

MikesDemise Lucky Number 13

Is the Xbox one fix likely to land on a Sunday or are we going to have to wait until at least Monday?