1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Xbox One + PS4: Known Issues/Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by mollygos, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Antiva

Antiva Space Hobo

This is what I did- hope it works for you:

From the home screen I went into My games and apps, and then to Updates. I selected Stardew Valley, which caused my Xbox to update( thought it did this automatically lol). After the Xbox updated and restarted, I launched Stardew Valley and was able to d/l the patch.

:)

• CantUpdate

CantUpdate Seal Broken

This worked! Thank you so much! :)

• MikesDemise

MikesDemise Lucky Number 13

It still seems to periodically crash to dash on save, but hey at least I'm in year 2.

OcarinaOfTom likes this.
        • Antiva

Antiva Space Hobo

No problem. :)

• Starscollide

Starscollide Poptop Tamer

So happy to be in year two!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• DopeFarms

DopeFarms Space Hobo

Very Minor bug since update- xbox one
              When relocating chickens to other coop the text ('please choose a coop for your chicken') is not centered in the text box and looks wierd. Other than that nothing... thank you for the update

• Taco_master1234

Taco_master1234 Poptop Tamer

Hey guys, I think I found another potential bug. I recently leveled up my farming profession to 10, and noticed there was no option to select the artisan profession. I was planning on making my character a full time somelier. His dreams of basking in the vineyard with a pretty little bow are ruined. For the record, there was only 2 options; coopmaster and shepherd.

• Taco_master1234

Taco_master1234 Poptop Tamer

Nevermind grr lol

• Asparagus Brown

Asparagus Brown Poptop Tamer

Hi!

My partner and I love what we've played so far, but we're also having the bug that appears to be a corrupted save on Xbox One - just boots back to the title screen shortly after selecting that save from the menu as others have described. We've installed the patch and this issue is still there. We started a second game and that is going fine for now, so it's just one particular save game, not a general issue affecting all saves.

Obviously people are working hard to iron out bugs at the moment, which we appreciate, but we have a couple of questions so we can decide how/when to keep playing. Totally understand if these things might not be known on the developer end, too. Here they are:

1) Is there any chance this save will be recoverable in a future patch?

and..

2) If we start a new game (or continue our second one that seems to be uncorrupted) is there any chance this will happen again?

Thanks for a great game and hope this can be worked out so we can continue to enjoy it.

AlexNishi likes this.
                    • Pixelpaj

Pixelpaj Space Hobo

There are still some issues with the PS4 Pro when playing this game. It still seems to have trouble with entering other apps such as the party chat. And it hard resets (beeps three times) every time I turn of the console after having played the game.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

The PS4 Pro issues haven't been fixed yet, from a Chucklefish message the other day they are still being worked on.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
                        • OcarinaOfTom

OcarinaOfTom Poptop Tamer

I got a crash this morning as well on a patched XB1 version of the game. Went to bed on Spring 13, Year 2 and got none of the usual overnight screens. No money for goods sold (put plenty into the bin), no saving text, nothing. I just emerged from bed on Spring 14. I walked from my bed to the kitchen and the game crashed out on me. I had to play Spring 13 again. Besides that I haven't had any new issues.

• squeakyferret

squeakyferret Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So there's still a bug after the patch involving the mine elevator: My wife and I each have a game save. She has not been into the mines yet, but her elevator shows buttons for the floors I've gotten to in my save. And the chests on certain key floors containing rewards are gone. I deleted my game save in hopes it would restore hers, but alas, no. This has totally ruined the experience for both of us now. Does anyone know if we delete both saves and start over (so painful to do), will this problem go away? Or will multiple saves still cross contaminate each other? It would suck to have to both start over with new games, and for one of us to have to play all the way to the point of fighting down through level 5 before we can even tell if there's cross-corruption. Sigh. I hate paying money to alpha test games. I was really excited to find a game that my wife loved as much as I do. But she doesn't have the kind of patience I do for stuff like this. If the game is jerking her around like this, she'll drop it like a hot potato.

This is on XBox One, BTW.

Edit: So I found a reddit post where a chucklefish dev acknowledges this bug and says it's on the list for the next patch.

It's too late for me to try this, because the wife and I have already deleted both game saves, but it appears to be related to using the "Exit to Title". I've read some posts saying that if you don't use that, but just instead go to the dashboard, hit the menu button, and select "Quit" to force the game to actually quit instead of stay running in the background, it might restore the mine elevator status. Certainly I'm going to always quit that way from now on to avoid further corruption. We'll see if after doing all that, my wife and I can have separate elevator/mine status in our new game saves. Just have to play through far enough to test this.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
                            • Goblobsters

Goblobsters Hey, You!

Still crashing on save on xbox one after the patch. :(
                              (Although in played through about 10 days of game days before it did it which was better than before)

AlexNishi and OcarinaOfTom like this.
                              • Starscollide

Starscollide Poptop Tamer

I know this seems silly, but every four or five days in the game I will close the game out completely after I save. I'd rather do that then have it crash on me at random.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OcarinaOfTom likes this.
                                • OcarinaOfTom

OcarinaOfTom Poptop Tamer

That is not a terrible idea honestly. Better than having to replay a day entirely.

Starscollide likes this.
                                  • Dilbot

Dilbot Space Hobo

I'm just experienced another crash while saving.

I'm on xbox one. On the night between summer 6 and summer 7 the game crashed again. I had produce in the shipping bin (though that has worked just fine after the recent update). I also leveled up my combat skill that night and had a visit by a little fairy who seemed to make one of my crops ripen.

The crash happened during the roosters morning call, so after shipping box was tallied up etc.

• Nickb47

Nickb47 Space Hobo

How can I tell if I've got the patch or not on xbox one? I think it auto updates but I'm not sure. I went to my games and apps and checked the updates section but there's nothing there. Is there a way to check which version of the game I have currently?

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

It should be version 1.13 - I don't have an Xbox One but I believe there is an About button in the menu.

http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Console_Version_History

(scroll down the above page to see the Xbox version and patch notes).

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

@Typhoon is right, there's a little 'about' button on the title screen. After you click that and you should see the version number in the bottom left corner.