1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Xbox One + PS4: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gothika101

gothika101 Poptop Tamer

i forgot to say im on xbox, and i know its not the hatching itself thats a problem ive hatched ducks, white and brown chickens and void chickens with no problems. Its just the blue chickens causing it to crash.

• Mhart85

Mhart85 Void-Bound Voyager

• (Need More Details) Crash before saving at shipping screen (PS4)(XB1. 1050 pm CST crashed at save xb1 now save game crashes to main menu

• edtherevelator

edtherevelator Tentacle Wrangler

Hi, new here, just wanted to also report that my PS Pro crashed after closing stardew valley when I tried to put the console into rest mode. The game was closed out completely but the system hung on the "putting the ps4 into rest mode" screen for a good three minutes. Then, console would not come on without a hard reset (had to unplug the system and wait a few minutes). Uninstalled SV, no issues since. But pretty bummed I can't play the game at all. Please let me know if you need any other information which could help. Pro is updated and settings are normal (I.e. no settings have been altered)

• Tamayo

Tamayo Seal Broken

Game keeps crashing when trying to load my save.

Console: Xbox One
          Year 2, Summer 15th, 57:40

Gamer tag: Tamayo

I had exited the game myself, it didn't crash until attempting to reload it, around 12:00am EST.

I also tried to uninstall and reinstall the game with no results.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
            Albynoman likes this.
          • JennMandarb

JennMandarb Void-Bound Voyager

My game us crashing every time I talk to Gunther. Last one was December 29th at 11: 30 ish pm, central standard Time on Xbox one gamertag is Jenn Mandarb

• Halljama

Halljama Seal Broken

My game crashes every time I walk within view of my repaired greenhouse. I'm playing on Xbox One and game time is Winter of year 2. This started happening around 11pm on the 29th.

hkfrith likes this.
              • hkfrith

hkfrith Poptop Tamer

Same. No offense but I have almost 4 full days invested into this game. If the next patch does not fix it, I am contacting Microsoft support for a refund. It will make me sad but I am not starting all of that crap over again.

• Blackbird31

Blackbird31 Poptop Tamer

I'm on 16th of Spring, year 2 :-(
                  Upon selection of my save file, it crashes to the game start. XBox One. I'm guessing the last save was around 6pm Pacific tonight. Tried to load it again about an hour or two later. Tried clearing the cache. I'm terrified to start again should the same thing occur!! All that time lost...

Goblobsters, Rydia017 and Albynoman like this.
                  • TheSnowFoxx

TheSnowFoxx Lucky Number 13

I was playing on Xbox One friday, December 30th at 3:30 am EST. Exited the game to dashboard and closed it after misclicking. Now the save will notake load. I too, see the controller screen and then I am immediately booted back to top the title screen and main menu. Over and over.

This is my second time trying to play and build my farm. Will not start again if this isn't fixed soon. Will be asking for a refund if things can't get fixed. For a game being awarded so much patches and support needs to be better when it's now completely broken.

• the_inz

the_inz Space Hobo

Platform: PS4

The cursor in the screens between the days is missing occasionally. I don't know what triggers this, I tried to find a pattern, but sometimes it just isn't there and I can't check what made the most money but I can proceed by pressing the X Button. That wouldn't be too bothering but yesterday I had a good winter day in the mine and in the night had to choose between two professions (miner and geologist) and the cursor was missing again. No way out, not even at random. I even tried my second controller but nothing helped, I had to close the game from the PS4 side, lost all of my daily progress, the great loot I found and am now a litte afraid to go again to the mines 'cause I don't know if this is going to happen again.

• Rydia017

Rydia017 Seal Broken

XBox One loading loop to opening logos on two saves at varying points in the game.

I don't recall the exact time my first file stopped loading, but I believe it was in the realm of 8am Eastern time on December 28th. My second file stopped loading this morning December 30th around 5am or so.... I have tried going to our second XBox One to load my game there, hoping maybe it was a local save issue, but no change.

Not sure if it is at all important, but when I go to leave the game, I do wait until the day starts, go into the menu and exit to title, I never just turn off my system while in game. I also always close the app before turning off the XBox One.

I was already saddened that I had to restart once, I'm not inclined to start a third right now. It is a real shame because I do love this game and want to get back to my 83 hour save. I included a screenshot of my load screen to show the very different times they've been played and progress in the game.

Other issues I've had:
                        - Cursor disappearing at the end of the day when sell values are coming up, not too big an issue, though sometimes it's nice to know how much things sold for. The worse one is when the cursor disappears and you levelled, level 5 or 10 when you have to choose one path or the other. I've had it happen at least three times.
                        - Game crashing to menu at the end of the day save leaving me to replay the day again.
                        - Small stutters or slight hangs when walking, mostly in front of my house area, but other places on the maps as well.

Attached Files:

• keofo

keofo Poptop Tamer

This exact thing happened to me yesterday, 12/29, around 11am EST. (xbox live: y:speechless:fo) I was in Spring 3, Year 2. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and hard reset of the xbox. Game will allow me to choose my farm to load, load the controller screen, then kick me back out to the title sequence. (Game by chucklefish, concerned ape, etc). My farm was created before the first patch...does this mean I'm SOL and need to start over? (Seen some people on twitter saying that)

Goblobsters, Rydia017 and Albynoman like this.
                          • An Agent Smitty

An Agent Smitty Seal Broken

I'm not sure what causes that exactly, but I had it happen to me twice. You can destroy it with a cherry bomb (or any of the bombs presumably). Just be sure to pick up all of your sprinklers and everything else around the area. They get destroyed also.

Albynoman likes this.
                            • Djmasterbear

Djmasterbear Poptop Tamer

XBone and Same deal as the above posters. I am not yet through winter of year 1 and now I'm being kicked to the title screen after I attempt to load my farm. Please fix this, I was enjoying the game so much....I would rather have a patch than a refund...but one of those two things will have to happen soon.

• Rydia017

Rydia017 Seal Broken

When this has happened to me, I fiddle with the left stick until one of the texts for a profession turns green, then move it to the other or keep it where it is and select.

• FurbyNL

FurbyNL Poptop Tamer

I posted my issue here on Tuesday, checked all responses and no response at all from Chucklefish so far. I guess they're too busy counting all the money they took from unsuspecting XB1 users. I think I'll look into a refund, I liked the game, but I feel completely scammed by an unscrupulous publisher. The sense of community found in the game obviously doesn't live in the heart of Chucklefish. Only hollow laughter aimed at our stupidity trusting them.

• Winterbreakisruined

Winterbreakisruined Tentacle Wrangler

I remember Defiant Development had a glitch in their Xbox One game "Hand of Fate" that erased all progress. Many people got hit with it, including myself. I had invested dozens of hours into the game, and my progress was just wiped in an instant. I was pretty upset. Defiant eventually released a patch for it, but lost saves could not be restored.

But I have nothing but respect for Defiant, and will gladly buy Hand of Fate 2, and recommend them to all my friends. They turned a disaster into good PR by doing two things:

1. They communicated daily with their customers. They replied to each person affected, and kept everyone up to date with status. Whether it was 10 am ET or 1 am ET, they were monitoring twitter and talking to each customer.
                                    2. To everyone's surprise, without even asking or suggesting, they gave free DLC codes to each customer affected as an apology for the issue, and as a thank you for being patient.

That's how it's done. A company released a broken game with a massive bug that cost me dozens of hours, and yet now I'm a fan for life.

The key is communication. Defiant showed they cared, and was working overtime to make their customers happy

Oh, did I mention that Hand of Fate was a FREE game?? They didn't owe us crap. We didn't give them a penny.

Stardew Valley cost 15 dollars and has had nothing but problems since release.

Meanwhile, last we heard from Chucklefish was four days ago, when they claimed they can't even replicate the LOADING issue.

So it's been four days. Can they still not replicate? Has there been any progress at all?
                                    Why does it feel like we're talking to an empty room?

frozxnn, Goblobsters, JRat88 and 7 others like this.
                                    • mollygos

mollygos Former Staff

We're pushing out another update with fixes as soon as we possibly can, in January. I'm sorry for the wait! Pushing out bug fixes is a bit of a complicated process, and is made more complicated by the holidays.

I know we've been a little bit quiet over Christmas and haven't been responding to individual bug reports, but I can assure you that we've been reading through them and looking into everything that's been reported. Your feedback is being heard.

Thank you for the valuable reports and for your patience. We're doing the best we can to address the issues some of you are experiencing. <3

• Ganluan

Ganluan Hey, You!

Thanks for replying. Will existing saves work again once the patch hits?

hkfrith, frozxnn, Blackbird31 and 2 others like this.
                                        • Spirantsix

Spirantsix Seal Broken

Hey so I got the game like a week ago and fell crazy in love with it BUT this morning I tried loading my farm and all it does is freeze and take me back to the title screen. I really hope you guys are going to address this and fix it because I have put a ton of time into that farm already and don't want to just start a new one because of a bug.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.