Tool Stardew Valley Save Editor (1.3 Compatible)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by etsmsj, Mar 6, 2016.

1. jakrchris

jakrchris Space Hobo

Can I use this to set the day and my relationship levels? I'm trying to recreate a broken save.

• Cursorkeys

Cursorkeys Seal Broken

Hi, thanks for this very useful tool.

I believe I've found a bug with the generated XML for the rings that causes CTDs.

The price and description values are swapped (causes CTD).

They also have a <type>Ring</type> node and a <Item xsi:type="Object"> parent instead of just a <Item xsi:type="Ring"> parent (causes them to be unusable).

The <parentSheetIndex> node should be a <indexInTileSheet> instead.

I don't think these ones matter but they shouldn't have <stackable>, <edibility> or <quality> nodes.

Hope this is some help.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
        stefanhaan likes this.
      • soldyne

soldyne Poptop Tamer

great editor. tried it out and seems to work except that when I edited in an ancient seed artifact the game would not let me use it for crafting. not sure whats up with that.

anyway, I look forward to the addition of updating the artifacts found list. thanks.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
        • Mistiel

Mistiel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi there! So I got this mod to try out because I was curious xD And I was able to change my money with no hitch, but when I try to set my tools to gold tools (gold axe, gold hoe, etc..) the game crashes when I load it (after saving of course). Is there something I'm doing wrong? The only thing I can successfully change without the game crashing is my money, as I've tried changing various other things like how many items in my chest inventory, health/stam, etc..

etsmsj likes this.
          • Skipper Scootaloo

Skipper Scootaloo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Today a glitch happened, which happens when modding, where my modded basement ate my furnaces and kegs. I didn't mind though, because I know how many rows I had and can give myself a full stack, fill up the rows, then delete the excess. Tools like this are absolutely needed when going into the world of modding! +1 and thank you for your work, sir.

etsmsj likes this.
            • etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

It will be useful, thank you

• etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

That's really weird, could you send me the crash log?

• Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

So I guess this is not working anymore right?

• Skipper Scootaloo

Skipper Scootaloo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Umm. Anymore? The game is like 2 months old. Also, yes, it works. Used it today. :S

• Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

Ah ok, so, it's not working for me.
                      The inventory editor does not actually change anything...
                      Plus the version on the first post seems to be obsolete.
                      Weird.

Well Chicklet works, so i'll use that instead.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
                      • etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

Ehmm... you should check your .NET version. Also, you might have an older version. We're in 0.9 right now

• landsofbordergow

landsofbordergow Orbital Explorer

I need help, my main characters save file doesn't work (others too work). I tried adding a bunch of stuff: 10000 gold, slime egg-press, incubator, 10 refined quartz, 500 stone 999 slime (monster loot) and also tried editing the map. I have save backups, but don't know how to use them. I also don't how to show/open the crash log (because i'm a moron

• etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

I should probably do a full on tutorial for the new version. I just haven't had time and all the developers, including me, are away until summer.

• Konta

Konta Space Hobo

Hello, my main save character is an error. I need a help.

Message: There is an error in XML document (74553, 11).
                              InnerException: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
                              at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
                              at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
                              at StardewValley.SerializableDictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
                              at StardewValley.SerializableDictionary`2.ReadXml(XmlReader reader)
                              at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable, Boolean wrappedAny)
                              at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read80_Farm(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
                              at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read85_GameLocation(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
                              at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read127_SaveGame(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
                              at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read128_SaveGame()
                              Stack Trace: at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
                              at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
                              at StardewValley.SaveGame.<getLoadEnumerator>d__d.MoveNext()
                              at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time)
                              at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                              at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
                              at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                              at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
                              at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
                              at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                              at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
                              at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
                              at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                              at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                              at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
                              at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
                              at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                              at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

here link : https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Say_117687306

I think it because I move the build. Can fix it? please.

• landsofbordergow

landsofbordergow Orbital Explorer

Actually, right now, i have fixed the problem....

• Cavilier102

Cavilier102 Space Hobo

sooooo. i did a stupid and accidentally removed the watering can and no back up. Yes rather stupid but I can't seem to be able to find it in the item list or is it gone for good?

• etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

It should be in the item list. Just look right for it!

• SomeoneSneaky

SomeoneSneaky Tentacle Wrangler

I downloaded the editor to fix some building placements on my farm, only to run into a problem. Not with the program itself, but with the controls.

I have to use a trackball, thanks to wrist problems. It doesn't come with a scrollwheel, nor do I have a substitute. This means moving the view around the map editor is completely impossible for me.

Could you please give us a way to configure this, or at least put in keyboard controls? I realize this is probably a relatively unusual situation, but it can't hurt to put the request in there.

etsmsj likes this.
                                      • etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

Well, the other developers are off to doing life, but as soon as I finish the school year, I'll look into the controls thingy even though it wasn't programmed by me

• SomeoneSneaky

SomeoneSneaky Tentacle Wrangler

That would be appreciated, thank you! :>

etsmsj likes this.