RELEASED Stardew Valley Package Manager - v1.11 with Save Backup and XNB Image Merge 1.16

SVPM is a tool which allows Users to easily modify Stardew Valley with User created mods.

1. KairiOliver

KairiOliver Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any guide for how to use this? I have a ton of XNB and SMAPI mods already installed and I just can't seem to figure out how to set this up. I'm absolute garbage at this kind of stuff :(

• NewSpecies

NewSpecies Industrial Terraformer

Hmmm. Well, there is a few key things you need to know. There isn't a youtube video or anything, so I'll just write some key points.

#1 This application assumes you're working with a vanilla (un-modded) copy of stardew valley. It doesn't need to be however.
      #2 This application loads XNB and SMAPI mods from Zip files, and not individually. This keeps mods that have multiple files together in a single zip package, and the program reads those packages when it loads.
      #3 There is a button "Open Mod Package Directory", this folder is where your zip file mod packages go. When you download from the browser "Browse Mod Website", this is where the packages are placed. You can also put it there yourself.
      #4 Hitting refresh listing will update any changes you've made to the package folder. You can activate\deactivate packages by double clicking. This basically turns mods on and off.
      #5 Launch, the program will handle the rest. It goes through all your active packages and mods your game before launching it. Turning off the packages and launching will un-mod your game and restore the files with the backups that it keeps. If you want to launch with SMAPI support, make sure to have that checked.

That's basically all there is too it. There is a couple of other features like save file backups, and xnb tilesheet merging. Those are in settings, and optional.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
      • NewSpecies

Update:
        Version 1.08 (Through update)
        - Fixed bug where program crashes on launch because Steam and Game are installed on different drives.
        - XMB Image Merge now supports differently sized images for mods that extend the tilesheets.
        - Added a game files restore feature.
        - General bug fixes.

Ladysarajane, yuukiw and foghorn like this.
        • NewSpecies

Update:
          Version 1.09
          - Add the ability for SVPM to launch SMAPI \ Storm from Steam Desktop Shortcut Links. Allowing Steam to load those applications directly and inject the Steam Overlay. (Links can be added in SVPM Settings)
          - General Big Fixes

yuukiw, Ladysarajane and foghorn like this.
          • Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

I really like this Manager, although I haven't tried the XNB file merge yet. My game seems to run smoother with my controller (cursor doesn't jump as much). Not sure why that is, but I consider that a bonus. No problems with adding mods.

foghorn likes this.
            • baddy1000

baddy1000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Props to you for this amazing tool!
              Really glad I can load in the modified xnbs over this tool :)

• Hitgirl911

Hitgirl911 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello! I've been using your package manager :) It's really convenient and I like how it tracks all the mods I use.

My problem is that it isn't connected to steam when I play which is a hassle for me. Is there a way to fix this?

• NewSpecies

@Hitgirl911: In what way do you want it connected to Steam?

There is a steam link option in the settings menu where it gives instructions on how to run SMAPI through SVPM and Steam.

yuukiw likes this.
                  • Hitgirl911

Hitgirl911 Pangalactic Porcupine

I tried to use that but I couldn't get the link to begin with :(

I wanted to let steam recognize that I am indeed playing the game as it runs with the manager. At the moment I have the launch options set to run the SV with SMAPI API.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

• Ladysarajane

Has anyone tested this with Beta Stardew Valley and beta Smapi?

• yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

smapi doesnt work yet and mostliekly never will. they are currently working on an new Framework called Farmhand.

• yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Ladysarajane

This is actually working with the updated Smapi and SDV 1.1. Not all the mods work though.

• gphoenix51

gphoenix51 Void-Bound Voyager

I made the SMAPI Link exactly how it says on the instructions, yet Steam still says I'm playing a Non-Steam game and not SV. It says I haven't played that in days, but I've been playing it every day since the 1.1 update. Any ideas why it's not working right? A friend of mine has the same mods I do and theirs says they are playing SV all the time and not SMAPI.

Any ideas?

• Ladysarajane

• gphoenix51

gphoenix51 Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, I'm using the Package Manager Mod, I figured that since I'm posting it in this thread and talking about the instructions that are listed on the Purple Chicken for making a SMAPI link, I didn't need to point out that I was. Still, in the case of being thorough, I am using Stardew Valley Package Manager v1.09, I downloaded the latest version of SMAPI through the Package Manager and am using the latest version, SMAPI 0.40.1.1.

I'm using the latest versions of the TimeSpeed Mod, Easier Fishing Mod, Animal Crossing Dig spot mod, and Prairie King Made Easy, all of them are the latest versions downloaded in the last couple of days for the 1.1 update.

There is no error log, because my program is not erroring out, or crashing or anything else. It just makes Steam think I'm playing this non-Steam SMAPI link instead of the main game.

Any ideas?

• Ladysarajane

I know the log is in the error folder, and I know it isn't an error. But one log should be made each time the game is ran. Is Smapi, Package manager and Steam(Stardew Valley) on the same drive on your computer? Smapi's latest version is 0.40.1.1-3, it can be updated through the Package Manager. What version is Stardew Valley? 1.1 or 1.11. Animal Crossing Dig spot has NOT been updated yet. It appears to work, but I know from experience that unless it has been merged with the new XNB tile sheets, things will be missing.

• izzycubs932

izzycubs932 Space Hobo

Hello, my brother (gphoenix51) was using his account to post my issue (Steam not recognizing that I was playing Stardew Valley as opposed to SMAPI), as I had not created an account yet, but then he got to doing something else and told me to do it myself. :)

I have attached the latest log, and here are the answers to the questions you asked, @Ladysarajane

SMAPI, Package manager, and Steam(Stardew Valley) ARE all on the same drive, 0.40.1.1-3 is my SMAPI version, Stardew Valley is 1.11. My bro has the dig spot mod too, and it's working fine on his, so I don't think that is the issue.

Attached Files:

• Ladysarajane

Okay the log is showing two different drives. Your app data is in C: drive and Steam is located in E: drive "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TrainerMod\manifest.json" , which may cause the problem you are experiencing. As I said Animal Crossing dig spots will work, but you might come across graphical errors in the game. I have asked the mod author to update, but I think he is missing. I cannot merge the tile sheets. I wish I could.