Stardew Valley - Handheld Console Ports?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaddisonGamer6, Jun 14, 2016.

?

What Console do you Prefer?

1. PS4

2. Xbox

3. Wii U

4. Vita (Not planned)

5. New 3DS (Not planned)

6. Other?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MaddisonGamer6

MaddisonGamer6 Big Damn Hero

http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-coming-to-consoles-q4-2016/

So console ports are coming... only problem is handheld console players (e.g 3DS & Vita) will miss out! once again Xbox & PS4 get all the good titles... Extremely disappointed as I mainly play handheld and my Favourite game wont be on it (3DS in my case), so anyway, Im making this thread to see what consoles SV players prefer/want. Out of curiosity of course.

(In no way is this thread to complain or to insult the dev, merely curiosity)

• Hitgirl911

Hitgirl911 Pangalactic Porcupine

I would want it on the ps vita actually. I plan to buy one since it has all my other favorite games, having SV on it would really be a treat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• MaddisonGamer6

In my opinion, Getting a vita was the worst gaming decision I ever made, the community is so mean its disgusting, whats more the console has so many Problems and faulty errors. Its why Ive gone back to 3DS, Not sure about selling my vita tho... Still titles I wanna play on it.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
        • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

I honestly don't get why there are soooo many comments about the PSVita. I hardly ever hear about it. There's an underground community, I guess. hehe

I'd love to own it on the 3DS, but for now, PS4 sounds fantastic. I could get my parents into it, I bet!

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Definitely the Wii U for that gamepad functionality!
            ...But honestly, I'd just stick with PC. But if I had to pick a console, it's Wii U.

• Hitgirl911

Hitgirl911 Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh? Well I heard about those but I would still want to buy it since most of my favorite JRPGs are on the vita (the selection of games on the 3DS doesn't really entice me hahaha). Besides I guess it won't hurt to port it to both the 3DS and Vita.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• MaddisonGamer6

True. but It costs twice as much to make games on a vita, I dont think CA would invest that much... I think its gotta be one or the other Tbh

• MaddisonGamer6

Yea, not alot of Vita fans anymore, would be if games didnt cost so much to develop.. :V

• Arduinna

Arduinna Astral Cartographer

Other, like in 3DS without the "new" part. I don't like the new 3Ds and love the 3DS XL. I'm not interested in the Vita or any non handheld consoles. I've a PC for this plus neither a TV to plug it in nor interest in having a TV...

• MaddisonGamer6

whats the difference? 3DS games play on new or old 3DS'

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

Sadly, that's not true. Games that come out with the "new" 3DS title cannot be played on the old 3DS.
                        When Earthbound came out in the nintendo store, I was ecstatic. Only to find out it can only be played on the new 3DS. :^) Same with one of my other favorite indie titles, The Binding of Isaac (Rebirth). The same applies to several games, particularly if they're only available on the digital market.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                        • MaddisonGamer6

really? thats not the case in australia EDIT: researched it aparently your right, kinda sucks...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
                          • NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

I wouldn't like Stardew on a smaller screen like the 'New' 3Ds. I like it on my PC, and I would like it on a console, either PS4 or xBox. Not so keen on the Wii U

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

This is something I don't understand. Wouldn't the Gamepad be ideal for a game like this?

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Must be I am getting old, but I don't like the idea of this being o na smaller screen. I would think there is too much going on and too many things to miss if it is on a smaller screen

• MaddisonGamer6

Stardew valley is a perfect match for 3DS in my opinion. I never imagined Terraria would come to 3DS, but it did, why not stardew valley?
                                  perhaps its just me, but when I play handheld I cant see the world around me and I feel like the screen is as large as my pc. this is what I would imagine it would be like -
                                  Stardew Valley - New Nintendo 3DS - Unofficial Concept[​IMG]
                                  [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
                                    ChaosAzeroth and Mr.Mudkipss like this.
                                  • MaddisonGamer6

Don't forget to vote on which console you prefer!

• Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

Other. Like the "basic" 3DS/XL. The whole "new 3DS" thing is just stupid imo. Might be interested in having it on the NX, depending on what it's like.

MagicallyClueless and Arduinna like this.
                                      • Ailsaek

Ailsaek Subatomic Cosmonaut

I voted "new 3DS" but what I meant was "the lovely Animal Crossing 3DS I already own". I've been thinking all along that this game would be perfect for it. I'd even be willing to buy it again to get it such that I can carry it around in my pocket.

• ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

Yeah voted the 3DS thing but would prefer on old 3DS tbh, My bro has a new one but eh...
                                          Too bad it's nit planned.

Arduinna and Sh4dowWalker96 like this.