WIP Stardew Valley Overhaul 1.0 [ALPHA]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by XCube591, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Katzvielle

Katzvielle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Eagerly awaiting the update
    ahhh can't wait:giggle: lol

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I dont think any of us want to wait, but alas, the author is (to my knowledge) human, and not in possesion (also, not to my knowledge) of time-travel capabilities, thus we poor mortals will have to wait until its properly finished :(

• Katzvielle

Lol I see
        Darn and here I hoped there were aliens among us! :yoda:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If there are, its likely only going to be of the one-celled kind, I'm afraid the universe probably isnt old enough for aliens to have gotten bored enough to invade little old earth and hide away. :(

• kidsparks

kidsparks Tentacle Wrangler

thank GOD you added "A little staircase and a bridge over the river next to the new unlocked area", that shit was so ridiculous, it literally just leads you back to the bridge and wastes your time in the vanilla game

• Katzvielle

Awww you ruined my hopes and dreams.:cry:lol

So did the update happen? Do they have the areas blocked off and stuff?
              I didn't download it yet to check yet:unsure:

• lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't think so, if I'm not mistaken OP is still reworking the festival maps to match what he's done for the regular town map, and when that's done the new release will have the new path south of the library to the coral beach blocked off.

• Katzvielle

Oh I see! Thankyou for letting me know. :giggle:

• MattyG

MattyG Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's always the honor system. Collecting 300 wood to fix that bridge only takes a few days. Just don't use the north/south path until you've rebuilt the bridge.

irrimn likes this.
                    • kitsunespirit

kitsunespirit Cosmic Narwhal

What did you use to edit the file to add these bridges and stuff? I tried opening that file that is packaged with the png with Notepad++ but it's just jibberish.

I'd like to do my own edits to it. :x

• ErusPrime

ErusPrime Void-Bound Voyager

You'll need visual studio and XNA Game Studio to modify the XNB files

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You need to have the XNB unpacker, and the tIDE to edit the maps, neither is a very userfriendly program though, so dont expect to just jump right in, you'll need to spend time familiarising yourself with the code first :p

• Inccubus

Inccubus Star Wrangler

Wouldn't the XNB Toolkit from the modding guides thread be easier to use than the unpacker?

• kidsparks

kidsparks Tentacle Wrangler

Is this mod still in development or has the author stopped?

• tonyyoung

tonyyoung Void-Bound Voyager

Spudli likes this.
                              • lizak

lizak Master Chief

Because it seems the OP has left this thread quite a long time.
                                I fixed some bugged positions.

changed:
                                1. A hidden block removed, it should be easier to cross the gate.
                                2. Vertical bridge.
                                3. Made the bridge work as intended, and no longer step on river.
                                bugfixed.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2016
                                  GBDetective and lannihamm like this.
                                • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Oh damn, ya beat me to it. I just removed the bridge from the trailer yesterday and just remembered I was going to upload it here. Oh well, bridge be back!

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-fix-corrupted-save-files-tutorial.110048/

Last edited: May 5, 2016
                                  • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Don't mean to double-post but I removed the path to and from the beach, fixed the town up visually (namely the fences in the upper right were a total mess). Replaced static trees with growing ones, removed those random rocks that stop you in your tracks (replaced with occasional rocks you can remove with your pickaxe).

Attached Files:

• XanloZz

XanloZz Void-Bound Voyager

Fixed texture near removed way to the beach, from montain, in mountain (path to carrier). Enjoy!
                                      *in archive also original beach file*
                                      v.1.00001 - fix some missed flaws

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
                                        lannihamm likes this.
                                      • Yamadataiki

Yamadataiki Phantasmal Quasar

As it has been as long as it has with no site of the original creator to be found, I have taken liberty as to update his mod to be compatible with Advanced Location Loader. Provided below is a download link to the most recently edited version with all the bugfixes provided by other members of the forums who posted in this thread. I have given you all credit in the readme file as well as the original author of the mod himself. Hopefully you will all find this acceptable as I'm giving them credit where credit is due, and just updating their mod for compatibility purposes. I will not be creating additional content for this mod as it is not mine to do so with.Hope you all enjoy, happy gaming!

May not be compatible with existing saves! Always back up your save game file before installing a new mod!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
                                          foghorn likes this.