WIP Stardew Valley Overhaul 1.0 [ALPHA]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by XCube591, Mar 24, 2016.

1. XCube591

XCube591 Subatomic Cosmonaut

The new version contains bridge in front of the said stairs and fixed bridge next to the trailer. It will also contain some new improvements to the town! I just have to finish editing maps for festivals, but i don't have time at the weekend. You can expect new version maybe on Monday :)

ALSO!!
    Everyone asking about blocking the path to the coral beach, that is included in the next version as well - I will post it here probably on Monday - I still have to finish some stuff :)

Snarkypie, lannihamm, Drogean and 3 others like this.
    • Tetsero

Tetsero Void-Bound Voyager

:) you should include more pictures to where these paths exit. Some of these are great :D

• Gantros

Gantros Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm asking this of any modmaker who is adding new areas, so thanks in advance for taking a look at this:
        http://community.playstarbound.com/...ve-craftable-cave-beach-planter-boxes.111493/

I'm requesting a mod to have an addition to the cave on your property, as well as craftable planter boxes for the purposes of growing mushrooms, coconut trees, and cactus plants. This is how I think it could work:

1.) 'Upgrade' your cave
        Once you get a Megabomb, you can place it against the back wall of your cave. This reveals a crystal wall, that when broken with an Iridium Pick, reveals a larger cave covered in dull blue crystal (figure roughly the same size as the green house). There is a small pond in the center of the room.

2.) Choose your environment
        On the back wall of this new cave is a small hole with a large circle above it. When you inspect it, you learn 2 new recipes, Sunstone Seed Crystal and Nightstone Seed Crystal. The Sunstone Seed Crystal requires 200 Solar Essence, a Prismatic Shard, and a Diamond. The Nightstone Seed Crystal is the same, but substitute Void Essence for Solar Essence. Once crafted, place your Seed Crystal in the Crystallarium, and wait 7 days for the Pure Stone of your choice to be created. Place your Pure Sunstone in the Cave receptacle (the small hole), and the circle above it becomes bright like the sun, turning the blue crystal walls sky blue, revealing the ground to be pure desert sands ideal for coconut and cactus, and the pond is stocked with fish normally native to the Calico Desert. The Pure Nightstone turns the circle into a crescent moon, the walls dim to a dark purple, glowing crystals hidden behind the walls shining through like starlight. The cave floor is perfect for Cave Carrots, Mushrooms, and Fiddlehead Fern. The pond is stocked with various cave fish, even Lava Eels, which are somewhat easier to catch here. In both cases, Legendary fish can be found here if the original is thrown in, but only one at a time.

3.) Planters
        In order to plant anything in the cave, you need a Planterbox (based on the mushroom box). Placing Coconuts, Cactus, Mushrooms, Cave Carrots, or Ferns in them will produce every day or three (depends on luck). In the Case of Coconut, placing coconut in a planterbox will eventually result in a tree, which will destroy the planterbox in the process. Alternatively, you can plant Coconuts in their planters on the Beach. Cacti will not grow on the Beach.

ViolentQuiche likes this.
        • XCube591

Hi... So... I'm actually adding no new areas :D And unfortunately I don't have any plans to edit anything around the farm as well...
          And since 2. and 3. point would require editing the game code, I can't help with any of that either...

• eagerbeaver

eagerbeaver Void-Bound Voyager

would it be possible to block off some of these new paths and then immersively require the player to pay 300 lumber or gold or something to open up these new paths?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The next update is going to block the paths in some fashion, but likely not in a "pay stuff" way, since this is xnb editing, not a API mod, and what you are asking requires some actual code to make stuff work.

• BaldurAnthology

BaldurAnthology Phantasmal Quasar

Having a bit of an issue in the same areas as a few others it seems.. good mod otherwise but got some issues with that plank bridge in the water.. I can actually go around a barrier and walk on water instead of plank bridge.. otherwise seems to be fine

• irrimn

irrimn Pangalactic Porcupine

For blocking the paths, I'd recommend large logs or large rocks (the ones that you have to have upgraded pickaxe or axe to break) so at least they wouldn't be immediately available on a new game -- they'd still have to be "earned", so to speak.

• XCube591

Thanks! :D
                    Yeah, I know about that issue, and I fixed already. But I need to finish some things before posting a new update :) It will probably be on Monday

• XCube591

Thats exactly what I'll do :D Just wait till Monday!

lannihamm and irrimn like this.
                      • BaldurAnthology

Also I had to remove the mod... when i installed it my main save file disappeared. I tried to copy a backup into the game and it corrupted it and made it look like I had two of my second save.. I tried loading either of them and game just crashed.. had to delete all my saves and start fresh.. :( I was on year three, married to Maru, had one child, a maxed out barn, maxed out coop, several hundred thousand dollars, a stable, the community center was done, and I had a slime hutch because why not. ALl my tools were Iridium too :(

• XCube591

Hi there :D You must have made a mistake - It is impossible for this mod to delete the save file... Try to look into %AppData%/StardewValley/ and there should be all the save folders :D
                          I really don't have any idea why it deleted your saves if you didn't uninstall the game - It only alters the Content folder, it has nothing to do with %AppData% :/

• BaldurAnthology

The save files were there but not registering on the saves menu at the load screen

• XCube591

Are they still there then? :D If yes, Then I recommend reinstalling the whole game :D it should show up, at least i think...

• Midaychi

Midaychi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

IN my experience the only time that save issue happens is if some of the assets are incorrect and aren't loaded. For example: I installed the hat mod and accidentally replaced the wrong hats.xcb, so any save that had a character wearing a hat wouldn't load, and the game would CTD when loading any hat assets.

• XCube591

A little update! :D Sorry it takes me so long, but I wasn't home at the weekend and we are celebrating Easter today :D
                                  The next update for my mod will contain a bunch of new paths, and a reworked main town - You will see :D
                                  The thing that takes me so is editing festival town maps - if i want them to work with the new town map, i have to basically rework every festival from scratch - I have already finished easter festival, but there is still a lot to do :/

• greynet

greynet Seal Broken

thanks for the update. I was coming here to see if you released the newer version for the smaller fixes, but I'm glad you're going all out on this mod. Guessing we should be looking towards later in the week for the mod, now?

• kontnax

kontnax Void-Bound Voyager

This mod simply just replace the town.xnb from the Stardew Valley's content.
                                      I guarantee 100% it has nothing to do with the save file.
                                      Works fine by me.

• greynet

greynet Seal Broken

any updates on the new release?

irrimn likes this.
                                        • lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

i know everyone's a little impatient but it's only because this mod looks hype as fuck -- thanks in advance for all your hard work! :DD