Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Update your mods, you are using heavily outdated mods (AdvancedLocationLoader 1.1.21 is already out, you are still using 1.1.3!)

• Ristlen

Ristlen Void-Bound Voyager

To be honest I dont remember ever installing it. But will do Thank you.

I have looked and found no Advancedlocationloader in my mods folder or anywhere. I downloaded the one you suggested and put it into my mods folder yet that error keeps popping up and the game still crashes. Am i missing something painfully obvious?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
      • Alphablackwolf

Alphablackwolf Void-Bound Voyager

I've been having issues with the PostRenderGuiEvent. I add things to the skills menu on the post render event and nothing is drawn anymore (since 1.1) when there is a non 100% zoom level.

• Collin73162

Collin73162 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I'm having trouble, SMAPI seems to start up just fine, no red text or anything but when it launches it automatically closes. I'm not sure what to do.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Can you post a log?

• Sky303

Sky303 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Same issue I had, red text was there it just closed too fast to see. More than likely you need to update to the newer version of SMAPI.

In any case, one way (I dont know if its the correct way)
              you can find logs here:
              %appData%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs

For anyone curious, I can confirm the new SMAPI works with Getdressed, CJB price checker, and NPC map location mods. As long you you download the updated mod versions as well, that is.

• Collin73162

Collin73162 Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

It looks like you are running an outdated version of one or two mods, and not all of them might be compatible with the new SDV release.

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Update Smapi. Yours not compatible with Stardew Version 1.11

Mods:
                    BuyBackCollectibles - I don't know if this is compatible with 1.11 or if there is an update to it.
                    LookupAnything - There is an update for 1.11 if you don't have it yet. I love that mod myself!!
                    Loved Labels - There is an update for this if you haven't done it yet.
                    Simple Crop Label - If you haven't updated it, the updated one is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewval...com/stardewvalley/ajax/modfiles/?id=314&pUp=1
                    CJB Item price - Should be fine

So update Smapi first. Your running SMAPI Version: 0.40.0 Alpha it should be 0.40.1.1-3. Afterwards try the game and see what it does. If it doesn't check by removing each mod until you find the culprit or culprits. Make sure when you put them back they are the updated versions compatible with 1.1.

• Fyrnty

Fyrnty Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having an issue where the menu for choosing host, client, or singleplayer isn't appearing, (using 1.1 and 0.2.7).

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Report it on the makeshift multiplayer topic, this is for issues with SMAPI itself.

• Moonstruck Muse

Moonstruck Muse Big Damn Hero

Hello, I hope this is the right place/an okay place to ask this question. (If not, I apologize!)
                          I have SMAPI working fine when I launch it, but I'm trying to get it to run with the Steam overlay and having issues. I understand that to do this, you need to change the launch options in steam to point it at the SMAPI file. However, I get an odd error I haven't seen others having, so wanted to ask about it.

So, the command I changed it to is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe %command%
                          However, when I launch the app from steam, I get the following error: "Windows cannot find C:\Program. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." I'm running Windows 7, with the latest version of SMAPI.

Sorry to be a bother and thank you very much for the help!

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi there, I've never tried doing it myself but usually a problem like that is caused by the spaces in the path. Most of the time just wrapping it in quotes solves it so give that a try!
                            It'd be: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe" %command%
                            Including the "s

• Kashii49829

Kashii49829 Void-Bound Voyager

IT WOOOOOOORKS~ -back to the future reference- I finally figured out how to get the modding api to run via the stardew valley icon on my desktop. -does a victory pose- Excuse my randomness. But if anyone is looking at this to see the update to this thread.. Do any of you think Concerned Ape should adopt some of your programming from your mods as part of the actual game? Having the option to speed up or slow down the day via a button would be helpful. And if anyone has a mod for a item which calls your horse, that'd be nice too. ^.^

• Moonstruck Muse

Moonstruck Muse Big Damn Hero

That worked! Thank you so much for the help! I can't believe I didn't think of it myself! I appreciate it.

• Jotenha

Jotenha Space Hobo

My SMAPI don't work ;-; why?

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Have you checked to make sure you have the latest version, and the latest version of your mods?

• jacknurse

jacknurse Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
                                      I did a fresh install and downloaded the latest version of SMAPI. And without adding any new mods I still get this error message. What do I do?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is going to sound insane... but with that error... Add a mod and see if its gone, keep repeating until it is...

fftljoe likes this.
                                        • Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

I watched the video and I don't have the extract all files option in my file menu. Is there a way to work around this? Can I unzip smapi to stardew valley?

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.