Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cahnandra

Cahnandra Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, in my edits I said that I removed all of the mods that had been causing issues. But the game will start, and even if I start a new game or try to load an old one, the entire thing crashes. The only way I can play at all is if I don't play with SMAPI. Which is a little disappointing because I've lost a lot of stuff :rofl: But it's still early and I'm sure someone will come up with fixes for all of it eventually!

I did all of those things, but it didn't help. Hence my post >.<

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

My comment wasn't aimed at you. :) It was aimed at some other comments that preceded yours.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

In case I'm one of those you mean, I only used TimeSpeed, on a new game. It worked the first time I loaded up the game, then stopped working the second time I started up. Turning the FestivalDay time changing off fixed it. I suppose I could try turning it back on and seeing if it is definitely the cause of permanently frozen time...

Edit: And now setting ChangeTimeonFestivalDays to true doesn't cause time to hang... So no idea what that was about, especially since it didn't generate any sort of error log. That said, I'll keep an eye out and see if it happens again at any point, since I know I didn't hit the freeze time button.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
        • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

No, not you.

I'm really not interested in pointing fingers. Just read back over the last couple of pages. Anyone can find those posts where people have simply said mods don't work or something like that, without getting any more specific, and without indicating whether each was run individually on a new saved game.

• LexLape1994

LexLape1994 Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any plan to make this Mac friendly? So many of the mods use this, and we Mac users can't use any of them. :/
            I was able to find a nice work around to make some mods that require SMAPI work on my mac, like the birthday mod and the NPC locations mod, but I would love to use the CJB spawner and cheats menu, and there's no way to do that yet.

• Dakmordian

Dakmordian Phantasmal Quasar

My problem is that when using the latest SMAPI update with 1.1, the game arbitrarily turns black and I must force quit it. It initially did it when the character is getting off the bus, so I removed most of the mods from my folder (only had a few to begin with). When I tried again with just the Cheats Menu and NPC Map Locations, the game worked fine.. until the second day, where upon it turned black again. I think it was because I went to look at the map, likely meaning the NPC Locations is now screwed, too.

The only mod that seems to still work normally besides Cheats is the Gift Taste Helper one.

• AnakhaSilver

AnakhaSilver Void-Bound Voyager

NPC locations needs to be updated, yes.

• Sodyaler

Sodyaler Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm running cjbcheats, cjb item spawner, gate opener, instant geode, cjb automation, quick tool charging, harvest with scythe, friendship increaser and SMAPI sprinkler mod without any problems. All of which are for the old 4.0 smapi for stardew 1.0. The only ones that I'm using that were band-aid updated for 1.1 are here. http://community.playstarbound.com/...-of-abandoned-mods.125031/page-3#post-3035234
                  I don't understand how so many people are having problems. I even just copy/pasted the mods from my stardew 1.0 folder into my 1.1 folder :/
                  Also using tons of portrait and character changing mods along side of them. There are certain mods that don't play well because of the code changes like villager map location mod and the chest anywhere mod and other mods that bring up menus with keybinds, but other than that mods that aren't even updated for 1.1 are working for me

• sampson1111

sampson1111 Space Hobo

Hey can you please help me i downloaded this yesterday worked all day and now, the game will open with the api exe but when i press P to bring up the cheat menu the game crashes what do i do?

p.s. Great mod!!

• Sodyaler

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Davrial

Davrial Big Damn Hero

Dont worry Emtoerocks, we appreciate you

• Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

Tested with my own mods as well.

At load :
                        Calendar Anywhere, TrainerMod, Lookupanything, ExtendedFridge, MoreRain, RegenMod, StardewCJB (don't even remember what that does kek) work
                        FriendshipDecay, ChestLabels don't work
                        IgoriousMachines make the game crash

After a bit of testing and playing :
                        as soon as I open my fridge, the game crashes. As many mentioned earlier, indeed, that mod is down too

Mods for fences, for time and for regen seem to work just fine
                        Calendareverywhere does too

As soon as I press F1 for the Lookupanything mod, the screen goes completely black; no crash it appears though

• Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

I have gotten this crash ~5 times over the course of ~30 hours of playing when browsing chests, usually when putting an item into a chest.

Only mods installed:
                          ChestPooling, CalendarAnywhere, FishingMod, GateOpener, GiftTasteHelper. Instant Geode, ToolCharging

Impossible to test if it's a mod or SMAPI itself due to it being pretty rare. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

• a.png
                              a.png
                              File size:
                              52.6 KB
                              Views:
                          • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

ExtendedFridge crashes the game when you right-click on the refrigerator to check its contents. Which makes it pretty useless.

SmartMod works, but if you hit F1 to set its options, the game crashes.

CJBAutomation crashes as soon as you hit "A" to move your character to the left and run into any object, such as a wall. No wall, no crash.

DailyFriendshipIncreaser no longer works.

DurableFences no longer works.

AutomatedDoors no longer works.

AccessChestAnywhere does work. (Just listing it here to cheer us all up.)

Any help in getting these fixed for 1.1 would be most appreciated. I'll be checking regularly if you need me to provide additional info.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
                            • Sodyaler

Haha sorry I couldn't remember your name the instant I came back here to post your thread. Don't worry your work is definitely appreciated

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

So for incompatible mods, it's like Entoarox said. The ClickableTextureComponent had it's argument order changed so most mods which have their own UI drawing will need to be altered. Luckily it's a pretty easy change for modders to make if that's their only incompatibility.

This bug is now fixed (thanks to Advize), you can find the latest version here: https://github.com/cjsu/SMAPI/releases/tag/0.40.1.1
                                Let me know if you encounter any other bugs.

Ladysarajane and Advize like this.
                                • karlo002

karlo002 Intergalactic Tourist

Hello! :)

I have only one simple question and I hope it is not a dump one.

With the new SMAPI 0.41.1.1 for Game Version 1.1 comes an additional file called "StardewModdingAPI.pdb" in the zip file.
                                  I did not have such a file yet while I played with mods in the past.

What is this file for? And do I need to put it into my games folder next to the "SMAPI.exe", too?

Thank you!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It is a "Program Debug dataBase", you can just ignore it, it doesnt have much use in production.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Of the mods I mentioned above, the following have been abandoned:

ExtendedFridge

DurableFences

DailyFriendshipIncreaser

Could we get someone to please update them?

...especially ExtendedFridge.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
                                      Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.