Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. komina12345

komina12345 Void-Bound Voyager

Once again, thank you for the reply!

So I'm assuming the timeframe is going to be pretty long then, seeing as you guys are pretty undermanned at the moment? I appreciate all the work you guys do, so best of luck to you!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Mainly depends on luck here, since it mainly depends on how in-depth CA's changes are, ATM FarmHand crashes when trying to create or load a new save, but when we started debugging the game wouldn't even load at all!
      So while @ClxS cant help due to real life being a arse, we are doing what we can to fix issues that do not need his expertise :p

• Berret

Berret Subatomic Cosmonaut

Some work, some don't. My "Must have mod" works just fine which is Siv's Marriage mod. But stuff that uses the API just doesn't load. I'm glad that we at least got a "We're working on it!" post for Farmhand :)

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

And your work's sincerely appreciated. I suspect this upgrade will change a lot of stuff, but hopefully most of it will be skindeep: tables, added variables, etc. Nothing that touches the core program. We'll see, since gold code is due out Monday.

• MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

keep my eyes peeled here, as I am missing at least one mod terribly and would love to add it back. No hurries, I can imagine there being a lot to be done, and I can wait. Glad to see you guy are already one it. I hope the rest of the mod makers come back and work on their personal pieces as well. Would be really nice if all of my favorite mods got the TLC you guys are putting in. -crossed fingers and hopes-

• Grimswolf

Grimswolf Void-Bound Voyager

Glad to hear it's being looked into. I'm enjoying the new content but I'm already missing some of the most useful mods such as viewing NPC locations on map, prices in my inventory, stuff like that. Kinda figure it probably makes more sense to wait until 1.1 is live, and maybe a bit after that to see if there's a hot fix or two to get a real serious update to the API. No point updating it based on a game version that will see several changes anyway.

MoonlitBrenya likes this.
              • MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

exactly. as for me, the mod I truly miss the most is the timespeed mod, and the more crop mod... aaand the New Machines Mod....

• CoolFangs

CoolFangs Void-Bound Voyager

Will Farmhand support SMAPI mods, or will they have to be updated individually? Would be unfortunate because a lot of good mods have been pretty much abandoned by their developers and are unlikely to see any updates.

• Davrial

Davrial Big Damn Hero

That question has been answered many times. Maybe actually check for the answer before asking it.
                    (The answer is yes, FarmHand will support SMAPI mods, it was planned to do so from the very beginning. But if you would have read even just two pages before this one you would have known that)

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I'll be missing Extended Fridge, SmartMod, and Access Chest Anywhere.

• CoolFangs

CoolFangs Void-Bound Voyager

No need to be an ass about it...

brittpinkie and komina12345 like this.
                        • Davrial

Davrial Big Damn Hero

No need to ask a question that was asked less than two pages ago and many times before that

• Falmic

Falmic Void-Bound Voyager

Will be native mac/linux support?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Currently the answer is going to be "no", due to windows and osx/unix having different code bases still.

• brittpinkie

brittpinkie Void-Bound Voyager

I'm really excited for Farmhand to come out. I've always played vanilla until restarting my save the other night. Went ahead and found a ton of mods I'd love to play with, stupidly opted into Beta and then realized that none of the mods I downloaded work now, haha. So I'm eager to try the new mods with 1.1 :D

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi Everyone!

I've updated SMAPI to work with the 1.1 release. This version will not work with pre-1.1 Stardew, but there is no difference to the API so whether mods work still depends on exactly what that mod does. I suspect location (non xnb) mods may not work, but many others do. I've tested a few like timespeed and they seem to be working fine.
                                  Let me know if you encounter any bugs! :)

https://github.com/cjsu/SMAPI/releases/tag/0.40.1.1

As for Farmhand. I took a long break from working on it, but now I'm back to doing stuff. I'm working on clearing off all the issues list now before working on new features. You can always checkout the Discord or the repository to see what I'm up to. :)
                                  https://github.com/ClxS/Stardew-Farmhand

• komina12345

komina12345 Void-Bound Voyager

So I've tried it out and while a lot of the texture mods themselves remained untouched, there are mods like the Relationship Editor or the Cheat Menu which instantly crash the game upon enabling them. Also, bringing up the map turns the entire screen black. Though I'm sure this is more due to how 1.1 is a bit messed up at the moment, but the good thing is I can actually run SMAPI on 1.1 as opposed to having it not open before. I'm guessing this is more on the modders themselves to update their mods to work with 1.1.

Dakmordian likes this.
                                    • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Timespeed yes, thank you! That's what I was waiting for.

• havenborn

havenborn Void-Bound Voyager

The update is letting me start the game (which is a step up from before!) and I can play for a while but the whole thing will shut down if I try to bring up the map or the cheats menu from CJB Cheats Menu mod. I have a few mods running including the NPC Map Location one, so that might be the issue. I'm pretty sure that the modders just need to update the mods but thought you would like to know!

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

There are going to be a lot of instances of mod issues with 1.1. For what little my opinion's worth, I suggest waiting for the actual gold code 1.1 on Monday, run each mod you use by itself, with no other ones, and report issues to each modder as they occur.

Hopefully, none of the dead mods--the mods that have been withdrawn by their developers, or are no longer supported--will be affected. But I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.