Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oddmorals

oddmorals Intergalactic Tourist

1.1 Got released finally, but now the modding api isn't working! Does it need to be updated?

• Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Yeah this is what I was afraid of.

Excited for 1.1, but think I am going to wait it out until it's out of beta and there's some quality of life mods.

• Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hope SMAPI gets updated for 1.1 when it's out of beta <3

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Most likely not, FarmHand (the SMAPI replacement) has been waiting for 1.1, so once it is out of beta, @ClxS is hopefully going to be releasing FarmHand, with all its new toys for us modders to play with! ^_^

• RozanePasteru

RozanePasteru Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wait what , we are not gonna use SMAPI anymore? lol i cant use CJB's mods like this.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Agreed. That's going to be a real problem for those of us who use mods no longer being updated. Where a new SMAPI might work with them, I can't help thinking a completely different tool won't.

RozanePasteru likes this.
              • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Actually, FarmHand is designed to support old SMAPI mods thanks to a compatibility layer while allowing mods written for it to do some quite awesome things.

Borodin and Davrial like this.
                • Davrial

Davrial Big Damn Hero

Dont talk about 1.1 being out if its just in beta. You get peoples' hopes up like that, and most people arent in the beta.
                  Plus beta is beta for a reason, it's not an official release.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

That would work for me. Thanks for passing it along.

Davrial, I can't speak for Entoarax, but he/she did write, "...has been waiting for 1.1, so once it is out of beta...." That seems pretty clear.

• Davrial

Davrial Big Damn Hero

I was speaking more to the people talking about as if it were already out, namely but not only just oddmorals

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Gotcha. Funny, isn't it, how Early Access has deteriorated the whole concept of "gold code" into "anything we have in our hands?"

• komina12345

komina12345 Void-Bound Voyager

So out of curiosity, what is the time-frame for this new modding tool to come out?

I really love this game a lot, but it seems like testing on the beta (and I assume 1.1 as well) messed up a lot of the mods, save for the few texture replacers.

• Berret

Berret Subatomic Cosmonaut

It will be out Monday!

I'm curious as well, have a few broken mods, but nothing too big. :)

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

So you have the 1.1 beta? Because I've been told it 1.1 breaks all SMAPI mods. You're saying that's not the case? Because if so, that would be good news. Is it true?

• komina12345

Likewise I also have the 1.1 beta and with the exception for my texture mods (i.e. turning certain characters in girls) everything else is screwed to hell. The Cheat Menu, the Relationship Editor, and some dialogue editing were all lost as well.

So really, it depends. I hope things change on Monday when the actual 1.1 comes out, but I'm just crossing my fingers that the new modding tool comes out soon.

Borodin likes this.
                                • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I figured as much--it sounded too good to be true. Like you, I hope Farmhand comes out soon. I don't see any posts from the developer, so I hope it hasn't been abandoned.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

We're working on it, but 1.1 changed enough that it is taking a while to fix all the things that got broken, hopefully there wont be any further breaking changes, but you can never know...

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Hey, thanks for the response. As long as you folks are on it, that's the important part.

• komina12345

Thanks for the update! I really do love this game, but I can see how this might take a while to fix. It seems that 1.1 screwed up a lot of things, so I suppose I won't update it until Farmhand is out. That being said, I was curious as to what the timeframe for the project is?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That honestly depends completely on two major factors: How quickly we can adapt it to the changes in 1.1 beta, and how much time it takes to adapt to any further changes in 1.1 release.
                                          Unfortunately, there are only a few of us (I believe 2 or 3 people at most) that are familiar enough with the Stardew source, the FarmHand source and how FarmHand works to fix some of the really difficult problems, and @ClxS the main developer is currently busy with work and cant lend his hand, so that leaves one or two people who can fix the really complex issues.

brittpinkie likes this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.