Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This error means that you either A: Dont have the latest version of Stardew Valley, or B: Are using a cracked version, and you should expect no modding support.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Is that true ento? that one guy with the other stupid kirby avatar says that everyone is saying that is wrong because he's in agreement with another user with another stupid-looking avatar who said they were able to play cracked sdv w/ mods.

regardless, no one should be playing the game if they didn't pay for it. i'm just bringing it up because the topic came up again.
      it bothers me because they were making it sound like the means justified the decision and even if overall the person still purchased the game.... you really don't look fucking cool at all saying you played a cracked version to "test it out."

cankersaur likes this.
      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

In order to crack the game, they often have to make some adjustments to the game code, and those adjustments can easily interfere with the adjustments SMAPI makes in order to get mods to work if you dont know what you are doing.
        But mainly the "no modding support" was that I meant we as a community will not give support to anyone with a cracked version, some of us might have felt differently if this was a expensive game produced by a large company, but since its neither, pretty much the whole community is against it.

cankersaur and taintedwheat like this.
        • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

^It doesn't matter whether you're "for" or "against" piracy (or how many people developed it, which is a ridiculous excuse btw); this is the game publisher's official forum.

cankersaur and taintedwheat like this.
          • taintedwheat

yeah but i wish all these people who don't actually own the game would stop posting for help D:

(idk if you saw the dude we were talking about, he seems to have deleted his post)

cankersaur likes this.
            • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, I missed that drama thankfully. I won't be helping them anymore, either. Not knowingly, at least.

How about a big bold notice posted in the OP? Something like:
              "If you can't afford a $15 ($12 now) game, you have waaayy bigger problems IRL than getting CJB's cheat menu to work."

(j/k..sorta)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
                cankersaur and Jinxiewinxie like this.
              • taintedwheat

haha, nahhh. seriously, man people should prioritize!

anyway i wanna say a bunch but cant cuz this isnt the place for it and just the discussion of anything but spearheading legality and remaining ontopic is just asking for trouble. i get why people do it. but its still inherently not right.

cjb cheat menu was the first mod i ever used, and then there was a cut scene part that i never could pass and got rid of it. i'm sure its fixed now but its sooo fuckiing cheaty

Jinxiewinxie and foghorn like this.
                • Can1s_Major

Can1s_Major Void-Bound Voyager

For some reason my settings do not save while using SMAPI. I open up the game, modify the zoom level and toolbar in the options menu, then close and reopen the game, but the changes do not save. It reverts to default every time I restart. This appears to be an SMAPI-specific bug, as the settings save properly when I launch the normal, non-SMAPI game. Any ideas for a fix?

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

They save for me after I sleep once, which saves it. But if I close the game before sleeping after I've just edited my in game options, they don't save when I relaunch.

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I just had this problem on a Windows 10 machine. Deleted the startup preferences file and ran SMAPI with administrative properties and it worked out.

• Can1s_Major

Can1s_Major Void-Bound Voyager

That worked. TYVM.

Androxilogin likes this.
                        • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Glad it worked for you. Had quite the headache with it myself for about an hour.

• Laken

Laken Master Chief

My game doesn't launch when I click the modding api :( it says method not found??

Edit: It doesn't even load the mod? I am using the latest SMAPI version and I check to see if it works and it doesn't even load the trainer mod/ says that its loaded. Please help :(

Edit 2: Added a screenshot cant figure out whats wrong > .< the covered part is just my name.

imageedit_1_3068496745.gif

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
                            • Jinxiewinxie

Where did you place the SMAPI files? Can you send a screenshot of the folder?

• Laken

Laken Master Chief

I don't really have anything to take screenshots instantly but it is located at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley

Edit: Added screenshot c:
                                bandicam 2016-07-17 23-25-50-558.jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
                                • Jinxiewinxie

Hmm, that looks right =/ Does the game load normally when you click the old Stardew Valley application?

• Laken

Laken Master Chief

Mhm it loads just fine without any issues.

• Jinxiewinxie

Strange! I wonder if maybe you didn't have the most recent SMAPI version? Can you try downloading and installing the one here: https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases/download/0.40.0/SMAPI-0.40.0.zip and also be sure that you are using version 1.07 of the game itself. If this doesn't work, hopefully someone smarter than me will come by and help out ^_^

Laken likes this.
                                      • Laken

Laken Master Chief

Yep It's the latest version both SMAPI/Game but it still does not work I appreciate your assistance though c: . I'll keep trying and hopefully someone comes by with some extra info. (I'm mainly trying to get it to work to use your Get Dressed mod >o< its amazing)

FoolB likes this.
                                        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Please make sure you have the .net framework 4.5 installed.

Laken and Jinxiewinxie like this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.