1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

StarDenizen [24/7][Roleplay][Mods]

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Versuno, Mar 24, 2014.

1. MariSama

MariSama Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Versuno, thanks for the explinations on those things. As for mods, I will continue coming to the server. But I have a question.

can I turn mods on and off at will, so that only your server mods are active when I play online? I know I can just move/delete the modpack out of the mods folder, but I'm afraid if I'm carrying items or have built things using the mods on my single-player universe, that it will mess up my file if I try to remove them now. I just want to be able to play without certain mods on my single-player mode. Anyone know what's the best option for this?

2. Strazyplus

Strazyplus Big Damn Hero

heres a easy way if you have room on hard-drive.

Copy paste your starbound directory somewhere else. use one for the server and other for single player.

It will start fine outside of Steam. So you don't need to move files around all the time.

3. Versuno

Versuno Scruffy Nerf-Herder

^^ This is how I do it. Once starbound is installed you don't need to use the launcher to launch the game, you can launch the regular version or opengl version directly and you don't have to be on steam. Just copy your starbound directory to another place on your hardrive and keep your mods for playing on the server there, then just create a shortcut to the starbound application in that folder and name it stardenizen or something.

The only problem with this method is that you will then have separate player files, so any changes in single player won't affect multiplayer and vise versa. In linux you can symlink you player and universe folders over so they will be shared between the two, but I'm not sure how or if that is possible in windows.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  4. wsensor

wsensor Subatomic Cosmonaut

You could always just copy/move the mods folder directly instead of copying the entire starbound directory. I have a folder on my desktop with 3 different sets of mods for different servers.

5. FatsackTony

FatsackTony Phantasmal Quasar

Not to mention the forge/bukkit war. MCPC is like Switzerland

6. TylorGoldenYoshi

TylorGoldenYoshi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I cannot join the server for some reason. My client says that I have the wrong password, and I made absolutely sure I spelled it correctly.

7. TylorGoldenYoshi

TylorGoldenYoshi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

False alarm. I was doing something else wrong. lol

8. Roflblast

Roflblast Void-Bound Voyager

I've been trying to login to the server with no luck, always just says I fail.

9. argos498

argos498 Void-Bound Voyager

My game crashes on startup ever since I downloaded the mod pack provided on the front page. Some sort of exception. I had other mods (which I removed before installing these new ones), so I know it isn't my Starbound screwing something up. Could you please update the download for each updated mod? For example, the Avali race mod was updated like a week ago.

EDIT: Actually, it could be the new stable Starbound version that messed everything up. I'm not sure.

10. xThat0neGuy

xThat0neGuy Space Spelunker

were you able to fix your issue?

11. Versuno

Versuno Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The server is currently down. I am moving to a new server host, where I will hopefully have less lag for cheaper. I'm trying to decide on whether or not to stay with the StarryPy wrapper, or any wrapper for that matter, because to adequately run a server with a server wrapper like StarryPy and have enough slots for 10-20 people, that costs around $100 per month. I can't cover that monthly cost on my own, and the server only had 1 or 2 people showing up each day.

The server will be back up in the next week, but it my not have the same collection of mods.

12. argos498

argos498 Void-Bound Voyager

Nope. I've been playing other servers. Apparently, the issue lies with item IDs being waaaaaaay too high, outside of the regular ID range. I tried to manually reduce the IDs, but there are too many to fix, and I have real life duties to attend to.

Good luck with the server, and cheers.

13. KiraSlith

KiraSlith Void-Bound Voyager

You're latest mod pack seems to have a lot of bad modifications, even bypassing the "Invalid ID" errors using a bit of my own hard code modding i still get exceptions like invalid command Varients and malformed sprites. I'd suggest re-downloading the official versions of the following races to fix all of the issues with the current mod pack. Pelgaci, Mousquataire, Nephilim, and Munari. All 4 of these have invalid modifications in the versions provided in your mod pack. If you wish to enforce disabled items please properly remove them instead of changing their IDs. Thankyou!

-Luca-Chan (AKA Kira)
    (Ace debugger)

14. Squaff

Squaff Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks to an update made by Starbound, for better or for worse, IDs have been lowered, but not randomly, systematically. I'm on a crappy laptop, so I don't want to go into detail. The easiest solution is to redownload all mods you have that deal with IDs. The latest updates for each mod should fix this, assuming the modder updated his/her mod.

It might be a bit of work to go through and re-add all your restrictions, but I think we all need to remember that this game isn't officially released yet. Changes will be made, and they may be big enough to merit changes on everyone's part, such as the latest changes in IDs.

15. KiraSlith

KiraSlith Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, That is 1 way of rewording what i said in my last post. albeit with less information. The only mods in his pack that are causing issues are those 4 mods I listed which have all been updated.
    Pelgaci, Mousquataire, Nephilim, and Munari each one has issues with either invalid IDs or outdated parameters in the older versions included in the package.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  16. Tidium

Tidium Scruffy Nerf-Herder

is this server still alive?

17. mikeloeven

mikeloeven Big Damn Hero

Seconded i was trying to join but i cant connect and i am not sure if it is a problem with the mod-pack or if the server is simply not running

18. Bradicus300

Bradicus300 Big Damn Hero

Based off of the last two posts this is now a dead server? :/

19. MaxtheINFINITE

MaxtheINFINITE Star Wrangler

As this server is roleplay,why can't we use ultimate boxes and creative mode?
    You could make some rules too:
    " Don't use invincible armor . "
    " uh some other rules,don't crap bu pa "

20. SurvivorJoe

SurvivorJoe Big Damn Hero

Neplim mod is the only problem I had it also crashed my game upon start up. I had to download a lot of the races in the modpack separately and then place them in the mod folder.