1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

StarDenizen [24/7][Roleplay][Mods]

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Versuno, Mar 24, 2014.

1. MariSama

MariSama Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Needed a casual RP server, and I'm glad to see this one's still pretty new. I'd love to get in on some RP! Downloading the Mod pack now. How will I find others on the server? Never done public servers before.

2. MariSama

Ehh, well, i got on earlier and it was working fine. then it disconnected, haven't been able to access the server since. :< Guess I'll try later.

3. Versuno

Versuno Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Welcome to the server. Yeah we are still new, so now is a great chance to get in on the ground floor lore-wise and building on what will become the central RP planets later. When you get on the server you can type /who to see who is all online at the moment. You can then form a party with another player and warp to their ship to find the same planet they are on, or you could go to one of the /poi planets that will be the more built up planets that will be better for RP later.

Its back up. I'm not sure why it stopped, but it runs just fine after reboot. The server is set to automatically restart everything when the dedicated server reboots, but I'm still working on getting it fully automated so that it will reset itself properly when the server wrapper or starbound server stops for some reason. Until then it reboots every 6 hours to reset things anyways, so if you notice it not running for now, then check back a few hours later and it will probably have reset itself or I've noticed it down.

I'm also working on putting together a website for the server using Danks StarDank CMS, which will allow players to see the online/offline status and who is on the server from a webpage. I should have the site ready in the next couple of days.

4. MariSama

Versuno, It all sounds great. But after exploring the game with the mod set I downloaded, I see there's tons of extra stuff added in, and I'm not sure if that's what was causing lag. I was having lots of lag with certain kinds of monsters, and pixels or items I was collecting lagged across the screen to catch up with me when they were dropped. I'm not so sure I'm fond of all the additions, though I will still give it another try. I was hoping for a more cannon-central focus on races and such. The mod pack's race artwork is just too kitschy...I found a big-boobed purple cat lady that looked like a crappy pixel recolor ripped from deviant art, and some kind of race of anime cabbit-people. Dunno, it just kind of degrades the experience (but I'm probably just being a stubborn old fart, TBH) The building/decoration mods I'm not unhappy about, and I would suggest adding the Farming mod pack on so we can grow large crops for communal towns later (Forgot the name but it essentially un-breaks the growth system for plants)

I will try to log on again tonight at home if I have some spare time to play. BTW I'm Coccora Calyptro, a mushroom-head Floran.

5. Versuno

Sorry for the lag lately. There has been some instability in the server because of the number of mods that are causing conflicts and errors. Hopefully we will be able to sort things out and work out all the errors and it should get less laggy.

As for the anime cabbit-people you weren't happy with, I'm not sure which race it is you are talking about, the Avali? The purpose of adding mods to the server is to add tons of extra stuff.
    The server is a casual RP and Build server, so the main goal and purpose for mod selection is to enrich the RP with more options, and to add more items that people can build and design with. All of our mods only add something to the game, but don't take away from it, unless you are looking for that "vanilla" starbound feeling, then I could see how stumbling upon a different race's outpost could degrade your experience. If there happens to be a particular mod that most players are in agreement is not needed, is degrading the game experience, or isn't used/wanted then I will definitely consider removing it.

All that being said though, we do have a TON of mods at this point, 40 in total I think, so we will probably be going through our existing list of mods and trimming it down a bit in the next week or so and deciding on our final list of "core" mods that we may then add to again later.

So, if anyone has a mod they would like included on the server, then right now is the best time to request it. After we are finished deciding on our core list of mods in the next couple of weeks, new mods will be added less frequently.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  6. AlanteGrippa

AlanteGrippa Aquatic Astronaut

Nyoros here, one little mod I'd like to suggest is Starbooze. I do understand completely if we already have plenty of food / plant adding mods already, I figured it was worth suggesting though since it adds as the name implies, alcohol of various types. Also adds a few machines for the production of it, and also I believe some furniture and the like. Of course, not going to suggest drugs, but alcohol could have a contribution towards roleplay as well as function. (They satiate food, but can poison and/or intoxicate you if I recall)

Link:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/starbooze™-distillation-update.1083/

7. Versuno

In the battle for server stability, there have been some casualties. I have decided to remove the following mods:
    - Bees! (causes server errors, will fix and re-add later)
    - Colonies Mod (if you left a colony beacon up colonists would keep flooding your planet causing lag)
    - Soldering Bench (obsolete mod, doesn't seem to be supported any longer)
    - Digger Turrent (caused lag and there is a quarry in Starfoundry)
    - Base-in-a-box (caused lag)
    - Bothan & Twilek races (Twilek race was bugged and caused server problems, and nobody really seemed interested in playing as either, there didn't seem to be anything wrong with the bothan so if somebody REALLY wants to play as either of these, I will try and fix so that we can re-add them)
    - Industrialization (removed because kind of redundant with Starfoundry Mod)
    - Madtulip's Spaceship Mod (alot of the new races have custom ships that were being replaced with the madtulip's one, so for now all new characters will get their default ship, and you'll have to create one in single-player with FCS mod installed to get a customizable ship)

The changes to the server won't happen until this evening, and a new updated modpack will be available as soon as it happens.

**WARNING** If you created a new character on this server and your ship is the Madtulip's Custom Ship, then your game is going to crash when you try to login to your character after the Madtulip's ShipMod is removed from the server's modpack. You will have to go into your player folder and delete that character's ship.

** How to remove your old ship ** : Be aware that you'll lose all of your ship contents, so take whatever you want to save from your old ship before proceeding. Open Steam, go to your Library, right click on Starbound, select properties, click on the Local Files tab, then Browse Local Files, click on the Player folder then delete the shipworld file, then run Starbound, it'll regenerate the shipworld file with a fresh one. If you have multiple characters, play the desired one first, then close Starbound and delete the shipworld file that was last modified nearest the current time.

If you would like to keep a fully-customizable ship on the server, then you will need to delete your character's shipworld file and then login to a single-player game with the Fully-Customizable-Ship mod in your mods folder after completing the removal of your old shipworld file. A FCS ship will be generated for your character and then you can bring it to the server.

If you can't figure out which shipworld file is the right one, then open up each of your .player files with this site:
    http://sbse.hyunsdojo.com/
    until you find the right character, the shipworld file for that character will begin with the same long stretch of numbers and letters.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will not be adding any more custom ship mods that replace the default ship for new characters (except for the custom ones for custom races), because of the headache this can cause if we decide that we don't want to use it anymore. Hopefully we won't have to wait to long for the official ships upgrade.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  8. Versuno

I'll have to check that one out. Building a brewery and having to gather all the materials to craft beer would fun. I may add it into the updated modpack later tonight if it doesn't cause any problems with the server.

9. Versuno

Mod-Pack Updated!
    I made all the changes I mentioned in my previous post. The link to the modpack is updated, and I have tested the current mod configuration without any problems so far.
    Be sure when updating your mods with the modpack, that you delete everything in your mods folder, and replace it with what is in the modpack. Don't just copy-replace because it won't work and you'll probably have client crashing problems.

If you notice anything wrong with one of the mods or your game keeps crashing when using a certain item etc, please pm me the details so we can fix it.

10. Versuno

If you had the Mad Tulip's Shipmod ship and had the Zero Gravity Tech fitted then you may experience an error when trying to login.
    [​IMG]

If this happens to you then don't worry you can fix it.
    1. Go to this website http://www.starreader.net/
    2. Upload your player file
    3. Go to Equipped
    4. Remove the "Perfectly Generic Item" from that inventory
    5. Generate a new Save File
    6. Replace the old copy of player file with new (good to keep backups)
    This should fix the problem.

11. Agentgod

Agentgod Space Hobo

ha guys could I get details for server I would like to join if that's ok

12. Versuno

server = play.stardenizen.com
    password = stardenizen

Welcome to the server.

13. daleksax

daleksax Title Not Found

Is the server down again?

14. apexofthevortex

apexofthevortex Aquatic Astronaut

+1 tried to join today and I cant login

15. Strazyplus

Strazyplus Big Damn Hero

SERVER IS NOW ONLINE

Server has been updated with more powerful hardware however unforeseen technical difficulties has prevented of starting Starbound Server until now.
    Versuno is still working of solving a few minors issues however should not impede server uptime any longer!​

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  16. Versuno

Hey Everyone, I am putting together a community website for the server. That way players can see who is online, and we can communicate on our own forum.
    http://stardenizen.enjin.com/
    The sever went down for some hardware upgrades to reduce lag. It is back up now.

We also have a new community website at stardenizen.enjin.com

17. Gotheran

Gotheran Phantasmal Quasar

Damn, and this was the closest server yet to my current mod setup. And frankly, saying Starfoundry makes Industrialization redundant is like saying Buildcraft makes IndustrialCraft redundant in Minecraft, if anything they compliment each other. I mean, Starfoundry is an item/liquid sorting and storage sort of mod, and Industrialization is a highly technical, resource efficiency mod.

18. Strazyplus

Strazyplus Big Damn Hero

We were getting quite but of errors and crashes, there were severe conflicting going on somewhere. with the few mods we took off made a big difference.
    If you and others would like to bring this mod back simply suggest it on our forums Stardenizen Forums.

Meanwhile I will look into it for any compatibility problems, if its clean we may add it back. as for reason I say 'may' is because Versuno makes that call, and haven't spoken to him about bringing it back yet. Also I am the one suggested to remove it because of how unstable the server was as of late.

19. Gotheran

Gotheran Phantasmal Quasar

I understand, beta mods for a beta game tend to be complicated, we can only hope the modding community doesn't get as cutthroat as Minecraft's, seriously they get nasty just because people like their mods and want to use them together,

20. Strazyplus

Strazyplus Big Damn Hero

Yeah That cutthroat mentality actually hurts the modding community.