1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starcheat, how to install & use?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DreiStar, Feb 20, 2014.

1. DreiStar

DreiStar Tentacle Wrangler

I downloaded Starcheat after losing 16 chests filled with 100 hours of farming (ores, hats, capes, instruments, weapons, etc). Today I found out about the program on this forum but even in the modsection of Starcheat, it's like they expect you to know how to install it, and how to use it, I am very newb in mods. Could someone help me out? I have a .rar open now with around 30 files. What to do with it?

Friendly Regards.

2. vrenth

vrenth Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would start with the mod's instructions, and then move to the mods discussion tab. This is the wrong place to discuss mods.

NerArth likes this.
  3. DreiStar

DreiStar Tentacle Wrangler

Well I replied in the section where I dl'ed the mod, and the creator answered me to please post it in Discussions, so here I am.

And I don't see any instructions anywhere, that's my problem. No clue where to start. Don't even know where to put all those files in.

4. Valkyrie_pl

Valkyrie_pl Big Damn Hero

I only installed one mod, so if the one you're asking about is the same (and I don't really see a reason for it not to be), then just go to "Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Starbound \ mods" and copy the mod folder in there. As in whole folder with all mod files inside.

5. Space_explorer

Space_explorer Phantasmal Quasar

you only need to extract starbound where you want (you dont need it in the mods folder) then run the executable.

Once you have installed starcheat there going to appear your characters in a selectrion screen, choose the character you want to edit, then it going to appear a window that looks a bit to your inventory in game, you have the tool bars, the inventory slot, and the character equipment. just click on one of those white squares and another window will appear where you can choose what kind of object you want and how many of them and done. once you place in the inventory the stuff you want you go to File then > Save and you are ready to go. but someone can set better instructions than me :p

6. BellaNocheR

BellaNocheR Yeah, You!

you can't I make my health bigger

7. Gevouden

Gevouden Big Damn Hero

That would be because starchat isnt a mod. Its an external application. Just unzipt and run the executable.

8. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

If you want a mod try the creative mode mod instead.

9. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Or, try the Spawnable Items pack. Creative Mode is more organized, but Spawnable Items pack is multiplayer-friendly.

10. Lord Alpus

Lord Alpus Void-Bound Voyager

Please help me, one of my dudes was corrupted, I had spent ages on him, so I downloaded star cheat. When I go into it, all the text base documents are in notepad (my laptop not got word 0_o) and everything else doesn't have a program. When I try to open them it says "please choose a program to run this folder" uhhh. Please help me!

11. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

I feel like this thread would be better discussed in the Starbound FAQs, Q&A and General Help section.