1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound's price, something that should be well though out.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kjulo, Feb 28, 2012.

?

At what price would you buy it?

1. 5€

10 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. 10€

87 vote(s)
    42.2%
  3. 15€

64 vote(s)
    31.1%
  4. 20€

25 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. 25€

9 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. 50€ (You will be added to my list of people's lifes to make miserable)

11 vote(s)
    5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

Subsational you say?
    [​IMG]

On topic I think this game will have enough content to rival AAA games, so the price should reflect that. I'd be happy with whatever the devs choose to charge :)

Zailiner likes this.
  2. Neko

Neko Astral Cartographer

Minecraft? 20€.

Terraria? 10€.

Starbound? There's no price for that. I will buy it at any price.

3. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

Starbound. There's some things money can't buy.

For everything else there's Mastercard ;)

4. whizkid75

whizkid75 Tentacle Wrangler

10 is the sweet spot for me, like many others, i assume. I would be alright with 15 but being in my current financial situation, 10 would be nice :)

5. darkninjx

darkninjx Big Damn Hero

I would buy it even if it was full price of an AAA game. Cause so far it seems like a perfect game for me. Of course i would preffer it being cheaper, But the devs really deserve the money.

6. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Bag of Holding

I would definitely pay $15

7. mangycheif

mangycheif Void-Bound Voyager

i would like to pay $10, but i wouldent mind paying around $20

8. Ollobrains

Ollobrains Scruffy Nerf-Herder

id pay 20 at the upper end

9. Deven

Deven Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I say around £10-£15 so more people can afford and it will gross in more mony for team chucklefish and we will see more updates and everyones favorite mascot :redpanda: oh and the team can have higher paychecks :up:

10. Nathan

Nathan Big Damn Hero

$10 is a perfect marginal price for Starbound. Just like Terraria did. And the higher price range they could maybe release a 4-pack...maybe... :D

11. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

This game should be charged AT MOST 20 AUD, or 15 Euros.

12. Reshy

Reshy Zeromus

It is probably a 20$ game, likely with a buy sooner for 15$. It should of course correctly change Euros and Pounds pricing due to them being more valuable than the dollar.

13. Nathan

Nathan Big Damn Hero

This is not always the case. I have seen Euro and Pound games more expensive than dollar. You can usually check it out on SteamPrice the website.

But yeah usually indie games are priced around the $10 - $15 mark.

14. Reshy

Reshy Zeromus

I mean they shouldn't be, that's pretty scummy to make Europeans and Britons pay so much more than Americans.

15. Nathan

Nathan Big Damn Hero

Well yeah it's know to happen either more or same price. But you know nothing we can control. But it happens.

16. Reshy

Reshy Zeromus

Chucklefrog probably can however.

17. Fleshwarper

Fleshwarper Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm in the US (I know, FML... Hate this country) But I'd be willing to pay $25 for it which I think comes to around 20 Euros. I really want to see the Dev's make some cash as an incentive to make more of their high quality games. I think we as the mass market should be willing to reward the companies we like and shun the ones we don't.... (Blizzard & Bethesda come to mind, I know... Boo fucking hoo) Now, I don't know if it belongs on this particular thread, and I don't know if it's already been decided or not but, I REALLY, really, really don't like the idea of beautiful, wonderful, amazing Starbound being attached to the atrocious, soul-drinking monster that is Steam (I hope a meteor hits Steam's server headquarters... and everyone who works there) Having it released on Steam might put me off of buying it all together since I don't want to argue with Steam's shit-ass servers just to play single player. (Which is what I frequently deal with when trying to launch my beloved Terraria) Sorry for the giant post and ranting but, this is just me being honest.

18. Nathan

Nathan Big Damn Hero

I think a majority of us are willing to go the extra step and give to the wonderful people making Starbound.

I will have to disagree with the "shuning" (LOL...silly word) of companies, you can't just dismiss a company based on one or two releases, in general, I love Bethesda, both their older and new games (Skyrim, New Vegas, Fallout 3, Oblivion). Just sometimes major companies, unfortunately have a bad release, we can't judge entire companies on one or two releases.

And yeah, Steam will be the client that Starbound is released on. Sometimes Steam flips me the bird too and just doesn't want to work, but overall, Steam is great and perfect for Starbound release.

19. Reshy

Reshy Zeromus

Steam shouldn't be the only release platform. Alternatives should be available.

Fleshwarper likes this.
  20. Nathan

Nathan Big Damn Hero

Well it is the one I am most sure of...I should have probably stated that somewhere...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.