1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound's price, something that should be well though out.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kjulo, Feb 28, 2012.

?

At what price would you buy it?

1. 5€

10 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. 10€

87 vote(s)
    42.2%
  3. 15€

64 vote(s)
    31.1%
  4. 20€

25 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. 25€

9 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. 50€ (You will be added to my list of people's lifes to make miserable)

11 vote(s)
    5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kjulo

Kjulo Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have been thinking about how much it should cost, and i thought that its up to the develepors to decide. But these were my thoughts about the different prices.

5€ = It would help the community to grow at fast rates, but it would have a little salary on the develepors side.

10€ = 'Averege' price for most steam indie games. The reason is that you can easily add 10€ to your steam wallet, and its alot more inviting to buy.

15€ or 20€ = This, is a 'dont' price. the 15€ might sound reasonable, but most people simply adds a little fund to their steam wallet, and since ther is nothing between 10€ and 25€, it would decrease potential buyers drasticly.

25€ = Putting it on this price will make it hard for people to decide, and therefore decreasing sales. having to choose between most indie games for less, or even other AAA titles can even have the same price as this.

50€ = If you do this i will personally make sure your lifes will be miserable. <3

Please note i have no personal opinion about the price.

Chickenman and sasquatchjc like this.
  2. RainbowCrash

RainbowCrash Void-Bound Voyager

For such an big game i would pay at least 20€. Heck, i would have bought Terraria for 20 Euros if it had been that expensiv.

BTW, you got an typo in your title.

3. Asmodheus

Asmodheus Aquatic Astronaut

15€ my price.Sounds fair enough.20€ meh....

4. xXSunSlayerXx

xXSunSlayerXx Cosmic Narwhal

i voted for 15€, because i know that i can convince my friends to buy the game for that price. other than that, i wouldnt mind paying over twice the amount.

5. Anomalee

Anomalee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Personally, there is hardly a price I wouldn't pay for this game, if it's -anything- like what it looks to be.

Ashen and Blube like this.
  6. tedlil

tedlil Pangalactic Porcupine

Why i don't live in country where
    € is in use? :x euro is expensive in my country :/ but i will buy it if it won't be more than 10euro for sure! :D

x-adam1234-x likes this.
  7. Milk

Milk Void-Bound Voyager

10€-15€ seems like the optimal price range. Anything above that would be a little expensive, however I would definitely consider 20€.

x-adam1234-x likes this.
  8. lunboks

lunboks Phantasmal Quasar

Well, the price point you sort of expect indie games to be at is generally $15. Anything between $10 and $30 would be reasonable, but if it's too expensive, it will very likely negatively affect sales.

If it's gonna be on Steam, I just hope the devs remember that 1€ ≠ $1. The default price policy seems to assume that.

9. Honestly, it will depend on whether I have a job this year or not. But, if not, probably 10.

x-adam1234-x likes this.
  10. Cellbind

Cellbind Pangalactic Porcupine

It depends on the quality of the game play and how much time I can spend playing it.

If it is anywhere near the same amount of time spent enjoying terraria, they could price it along side AAA titles as far as I'm concerned.

Pinkie Pie likes this.
  11. Shesiressu

Shesiressu Guest

I think 10€ is the best price.

PaySafeCards, PayPal ... 10€ is for everything. Really.

12. TheMurumasa

TheMurumasa Existential Complex

I would pay £50 for it, although I think it will probably be around £15 to £20. That sounds realistic to me.

13. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

*Goes to look up conversion calculator*

14. TheMurumasa

TheMurumasa Existential Complex

www.xe.com

:p

diskincluded and Ordona like this.
  15. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Alright, I'd say 15 € max then.

16. Negative

Negative Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would say/suggest something between the region of £10-£15. From the size of the game i've seen so far (lots of planets and mechanics). But if it increases its size much more £20-£25 at least.

17. gejiryu

gejiryu Big Damn Hero

Hmm can everyone starts to put its price in dollars please? i cant buy a 10£ game (its like 30 R$) and i will NEVER buy a 20£ game, even if its AMAZING like this. (geez it seems that i will really need help, juz kidding)

18. Syris

Syris Cosmic Narwhal

I'm guessing around 10$, like Terraria, seeing as how they said that they "want everyone to be able to play this game". Not really sure how many euros that'd be :p
    Also, OP, you do realize you can just buy a game at the exact price without having to add money into your account, and just buying it for that exact price, right?

x-adam1234-x likes this.
  19. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

$10-15 I'd buy it even if i was just curious. $15-20 I'd have to look into it. $30-40 Better be an amazing game and have RAVE reviews. $40+ ... ehh still better for the price then CoD I hope its $10-15ish

20. Jaber

Jaber Pangalactic Porcupine

For $30 I'd better get SO MANY cheap plastic keychains!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.