1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by LegoBoy532, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Lazer

Lazer Existential Complex

Or I can just say that I don't like it and leave it at that.

2. jakecool19

jakecool19 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well going back to your original post you do realize the game is in Early Access for a reason. In the Cheerful Giraffe there are now four different versions of the "distortion sphere". One is just regular, the Spike ball sphere allows you to roll on walls and ceilings, the Aqua Sphere allows you to float across liquids and the Sonic ball lets you charge up and move at high speeds. Hopefully this will make the whole morph ball reference thing a little more bearable for you. And just a bit of friendly advice really think about how you explain, and how you word your opinion before you post it. :)

3. LittleWasp

LittleWasp Big Damn Hero

Wait a second! A Sonic ball? That goes fast?! They obviously stole that from Sonic the Hedgehog! Sonic the Hedgehog was the first game to come up with fast moving ball-shaped objects! This is so tacky that it mildly irritates me!

4. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

Uhhhh, soooo lazer has a opinion, about a somewhat uninspired item, and other users insult his avatar and profile name.

JUST TO PROVE A POINT!

Are we really going to do petty things like these?
    If so im disapointed.
    Well this is the internet after all.

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

We didn't insult his name or avatar. His argument that the use of "Morphball" and the associated ability was "tacky", to which we compared his name and avatar to other things he could have used as reference to point out the flaw in his argument.

6. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

references are what makes things recognizable. it's how catchphrases got famous, it's how gaming icons became staples.
    there's nothing wrong with referencing things you find inspirational or like. otherwise, lots of folk wouldn't even know what a morphball is lol.

LittleWasp likes this.
  7. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

Well, with the way you phrase it, it sounds as if that was the intention, but really going back to those to those comments, ehhh, not so much.

The word tacky refers to "showing poor taste and quality", which in way can be interpreted as an insult, even if not the intention.

I would say use better examples, rather than his name or avatar.
    Like, things from other games.

About the "Morphball" problem.
    There is no problem with making references, to other media. But to honest, I really don't see the reference in an item that behaves, visually and controls like something from the 2D Metriod games.
    But, it's just an opinion, and i don't expect everyone to agree, which is fine.
    Regardless, I respect your opinion.

Now can we put this aside, and just move on please.
    This just became waaay to trivial at this point.