1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Starbound x64 broken reinstalling correct drivers

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by ninjacat313, Mar 6, 2017.

1. ninjacat313

ninjacat313 Void-Bound Voyager

i was trying to update my drivers to fix broadcasting problems with steam, but than that broke it so i reinstalled correct drivers with device manager. next thing i know when i launch starbound x64 version (my pc is a x64 windows 7) it crashes,X34 works fine but gives an atigktxx.dll (try reinstalling) error but the game runs

also when i was testing theX32 for the first time, i selected the exe and didnt run it through steam and i forgot i had mods so right as it loaded the character i closed starbound and than i ran through steam, all my items and ores were perfectly generic items but the crafting stations were fine, im wondering if theres a way to revert this.
    please help

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

1. Reinstall your graphics drivers.

2. Your player storage should have backups. Just delete the main file for your player and rename the first backup to remove the 1 2 or 3 that is at the end. Plenty of tutorials out there for this.

3. ninjacat313

Any exact tutorial on how to reinstall, what I've been doing is updating
    EDIT:if you need the logs or the exact crash report for the x 64 I can get those tomorrow (only reason why I say this is because I haven't seen any posts about this happening after driver updates, only driver updates as a solution)

4. lazarus78

5. ninjacat313

Thank you for helping me, and only now do I realize how much I messed up(completely forgot to uninstall drivers but i wasn't sure if I needed to)

6. ninjacat313

One question, do you know/ have a video on reinstalling the graphics drivers so I don't mess it up again

7. lazarus78

Reverting drivers can be slightly tedious as compared to upgrading.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

This will do a clean uninstall. Just note that you will be doing a couple restarts in the process and your screen image will temporaraly look like it is blown up really big and maybe even discolored. Just make sure you download the new drivers beforehand to save some time. Keep them on your desktop for easy access.

Main process will be uninstalling, then a restart, then install the new drivers, then a restart.

**Not that I think anything bad will happen, just note that you do this at your own risk. While I do my best to give the best advice regarding computers as I can, it is something I take very seriously, I can not guarantee anything.**

8. ninjacat313

So for an AMD graphics card I would download the software for auto update but chose to manual install the driver, also, the graphics card I have (AMD Radeon HD 5000 seiries ) for some reason is not exactly stated where to download drivers for it, only option is a beta driver thing

EDIT: should I go into safe mode before uninstalling the drivers? Also I'll get back to you if this works in a day or 2

9. lazarus78

10. ninjacat313

so what about the crash for x64, is that driver related as well? the exact crash is "Access violation detected at 000000006903D238 (Read of address 000000000000010)"

11. lazarus78

That I am not exactly sure. It is a very generic error. The only thing I can guess is lack of space in memory, or rather, it can't grab enough space in order to start loading itself into. But beyond that, no clue.

12. ninjacat313

ive been looking for solutions to theX32 problem and it seems that theres a way to registering the dll that was having issues by typing "regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll /s" into a .bat or into command prompt. would this solution work is is that dll missing/corrupted

im also thinking about trying to go to a restore point 3 days before starbound broke

EDIT: just sorta found what screwed everything up . when updating with the amd software it bluescreened and restarted, so maybe that broke/corrupted some dlls that allowed windows update to work

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  13. ninjacat313

THANKS YOU
    you helped me sorta realize what the problem was with theX32 and i just decided to take the lazy way out (system restore) and it worked

14. lazarus78

Glad you got it sorted out.