Starbound : The Big Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Other' started by Psygnosis, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

NEW 26th September 2016 Suggestion Spoiler UPDATE :

- Satellite Launcher :
    old Weather Tower suggestion has now been updated with new mechanics and stuff

2. Voidthoughts

Voidthoughts Poptop Tamer

Another suggestion I thought of for the chucklefish crew- perhaps a way to modify crew member weapon damage based on the weapons you're carrying? Similar to how their defense changes to reflect the armor you are wearing. Like with captured pets, it'd make crew members even more viable on higher tiered worlds. Especially ones recruited on early tier worlds.

And a suggestion more aimed at modders- a way to change the appearance of the weapons your crew is equipped with if that's possible? It'd be another cool way to customize your crew.

3. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

There is a modder that is working out on the Crew customization - obviously it's a demanding / difficult one to do : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=747466268

And this one improves the Crew Classes ( boosting damage, health, balancing, etc etc ) : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=733139672

4. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

UPDATED 2016 Suggestion Spoiler :

Reworked / Updated those suggestions :

- Building Protection
    - Security Codes ( keypads, bodyscans, etc etc )
    - Invasions : addedd more info

5. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

LAST UPDATE FOR THE SEPTEMBER 2016 Suggestion Spoiler ( October one will come ) :

- Cosmetic Items Special Abilities :
    remember the all-seeing cape that let you look more far away with the camera ? or the Parachute that let you glide when falling down from a cliff ? Yea ? Then we requested to re-introduce those things !

6. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

Any ideas if there was plans for world regenerating, terrain would eventually recreate/grow re-give life? I find it a shame that once you tear through a world and move on, you never have any reason to return unless you built something.

7. Voidthoughts

Voidthoughts Poptop Tamer

The problem with the all seeing cape is that you can do that looking far away thing with the camera by default so there's no reason to attach that ability back on the all-seeing cape. Though I admit, it would be cool if some cosmetic items had special abilities especially if you didn't need to waste your armor backslot for said abilities to work.

8. Schitzoflink

Schitzoflink Void-Bound Voyager

I would like the EASEL to have a range of sign sizes e.g. 3x5. That or a grid that is always on or can be toggled.

Second, the ships could be changed somewhat. There could be an option to choose your base ship when taking off. If you like the Nova Kid style but play an Apex for example. It could be as simple as a question right after they say "quick grab a ship".
    To add a little customization to ships maybe at each tier upgrade you can buy rooms to add using upgrade modules and pick where they go. Possibly having custom rooms like a large hanger area or an engine room background cost more than the typical rectangle.

9. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

The cape let you increase the distance of the default camera, you had the " feature " to look more far away while moving it with ctrl

Chucklefish should bring back in many things

10. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

My biggest suggestions at this point are mainly for modding purposes, but I think they're also things which a lot of people would appreciate:

- Coloring Objects: As a modder, I discovered that I can have a lot more freedom with making objects diverse if they can be colored. I realized that furniture sets could follow a theme per color, increasing customization options with each object. Suddenly one object seems like seven objects, with the ability to recolor them. The vanilla object files already have very many objects that were intended to have color options, as evident by their pngs with multiple colors. Please, I'd adore this feature.

- Better control of background music: As a modder with a taste for RPG, I know that you can really set the mood of an area with a single song. Right now the only options are editing the background music per biome (I believe) or making a music box object that will only play the song for a certain distance then awkwardly stop/start at differing points of the song. This loses it's charm even more so if you place said music box in a large city for example with the music only active while within it's radius. Also, I don't believe that music box objects even pause the background music while playing. Only one portion of the spawned area will play the song. I realize there may not be the best work arounds for this, but if there were some way out there that would provide better control of background music, I would also adore this. Perhaps via the .dungeon files?

- NPC spec selection: Now I'm I know I'm beating this topic to death, but I'd much prefer being able to dictate what NPCs spawn down to their gender. Within my own mod work, I've had to mask bodies with armor to make them appear male or female to the player, but when the NPC's chatter sound kicks in, and it doesn't match the exterior it seems a bit odd. Not to mention, due to certain crew member mods that allow the editing/changing of head armors, this method doesn't work well, as it will unmask the real face. I realize chances of this one being a feature might be slim, but it would certainly provide better control for anyone who wishes to spawn a very specific NPC.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  11. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot