1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound terms/memes

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Attack_Fish, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Attack_Fish

Attack_Fish Phantasmal Quasar

All games have a few terms or memes associated with them for example in TF2 we know that W+M1 means someone who doesn't have any tactics and just runs into battle. We also know that a spy crab is a endangered species that you're supposed to leave in peace.
    These are cultural by-products of a game and my question is, what will be the cultural by-products (terms/memes etc.) of Starbound?

2. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

It will involve tentacles.

xXSunSlayerXx and LastDay like this.
  3. NotAnAnon

NotAnAnon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh Gawd not tentacles. :x

4. Zman12380

Zman12380 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sadly, knowing the internet, this post is probably true...

5. Swinburn

Swinburn Phantasmal Quasar

Not every game has memes.

Zman12380 likes this.
  6. Seahorse

Seahorse Zeromus

I am a monument to all your sins.

7. vitorsly

vitorsly Phantasmal Quasar

I say raccoons shall be Starbound's main meme!

Breather and Zman12380 like this.
  8. Nate the Great

Nate the Great Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sturr Pilgrims and Spehss Hobos?

Maybe there won't be.

Edit: Gyaaah, double opinion post! My mistake. I thought my first post was lost in an error.

9. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

I would say that would be something nobody knows till AFTER the game comes out, and people play it, joke around with each other, get familiar with gameplay, that sort of thing.

Zman12380, Aviakio and Sharkopus like this.
  10. gejiryu

gejiryu Big Damn Hero

Spehss hobos, are they old spehss mahreens?

11. Probably something stupid.
    I was going to post my idea for the meme but then I took.. know what? Nevermind.:laugh:

The Enderman likes this.
  12. Nate the Great

Nate the Great Scruffy Nerf-Herder

We are the Spehss Hoboes! Our enemies refuse to give us change!

13. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Umm, it already does have a little mean. "It needs raccoons." See look, there's even a raccoon emote. :raccoon:

M C likes this.
  14. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

and nyan cat emote :rainbow:

15. Duex

Duex Cosmic Narwhal

it will involve penguins, lots of penguins.

16. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

Honestly guys not every game needs memes spawning from it, can't we just enjoy the game for what it is and not for the trendy "jokes" that stem from it? I mean seriously Skyrim spawned one of the worst memes ever. So terrible and so abused was this meme that it became hated within the same week of discovery and creation.

17. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

For there to be a meme there needs to be something that gets stuck in your head.
    Like if the Star Pilgrims preach something silly over and over again it might become a meme.

Some memes are born mostly from the community, like Minecraft's "That'sss a nice everything you have there!"

I'm pretty sure that there will be running jokes in any case, like the Guide of Terraria. :)
    I'm guessing that Penguins, Pop tops, Space Hobos or Star Pilgrims are involved...

(Uh oh, I mentioned both Star Pilgrims and Space hobos, I'm in trouble! :eek:)

18. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

"Goes on alien planet

Space birds wear socks with sandals"

LastDay likes this.
  19. gejiryu

gejiryu Big Damn Hero

Because it was overused as HELL, literally EVERY place on net was full of "ARUWZ DU DA NEES :rofl:" jokes just dont overuse a meme and it can still be enjoyable, this doenst apply to trollface for some reason...

20. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Skyrim spawned the BEST meme ever, it was just so overused. And yes, every game MUST have a meme, it makes so much more fun. :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.