1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Starbound Side Stories 1.99

Adds new locations on planets and quests to existing dungeons.

1. Sean10M

Sean10M Pangalactic Porcupine

Actually I have noticed a bug with the bunny quests myself (don't know if its the one they are talking about). It won't let me complete the monster plate quest.

2. Zetlin97

Zetlin97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

get on the line of people who reported that.

You are number four thousand, five hundred, and fifty two. Congratulations!

3. Sean10M

Yay! Do I get a prize?

4. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

nope, i didnt either

5. Sean10M

Oh well then. I guess we should just continue looking for bugs to help improve the next mod update. So I guess that could be our prize.

6. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

*shows musquito*
    DONE

7. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

How can I edit the mod so it won't load a mob? I'm having problem with "/monsters/ground/minibossbiped/minibossbiped.partparams" [Nightly] but if I delete the mod, I'll lose my favorite planet due to ancienttechbiome (which I find silly to begin with o.o), or is there any way to save a portion of the map to then import it to another planet?

8. lion0502

lion0502 Void-Bound Voyager

gr8 mod, but i'm having a bit of trouble finding the leader of Avusco for the ancient research questline. Any way anybody could help with that?:facepalm:

9. Hen

Hen Big Damn Hero

Hello, I like your mods very much. Actually I play a game with a lot of mods, so I don't know who should I address. I found a glitch village with a quest guy on a mountain planet (from frackin'universe). In this particular village the traders aren't working.

10. Sean10M

Most merchant NPCs have been broken since the Pleased Giraffe update as far as I'm aware.

11. Hen

Hen Big Damn Hero

Sorry for blaming you. It was the first time I saw this error and it was such a strange combination of these two mods.

12. Sean10M

I know that Wizard Merchants still work perfectly though. And merchants from colony deeds of cause work perfectly.

13. CyclopsPuppy

CyclopsPuppy Space Spelunker

Question! When I tried to deploy the Commander Jesse blueprint(?) no one showed up, same thing happened when I tried to use the one in the Abandoned Outpost that's given to you my the gentleman there, no one showed up. Am I doing something wrong?
    :(
    Other than that the mod is AMAZING! All the extras are so much fun, I love discovering new places!
    The USCM Base was almost right next to an Apex base(town?) as well so I made sure to save the planet to my bookmarks :)

14. Sean10M

You aren't doing anything wrong. The spawner code is now dated and abandoned (replaced by the tenant system) as of the Pleased Giraffe update so modded spawners are usually broken now.

15. CyclopsPuppy

CyclopsPuppy Space Spelunker

w
    Aw bummer, glad I wasn't screwing up though :)
    Thanks for replying!

16. Sean10M

You're very welcome.

CyclopsPuppy likes this.
  17. Luminaesthesia

Luminaesthesia Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey everyone! Your Starbound Crew is finally in a place that I'm somewhat happy with, so today starts the giant revision of Starbound Side Stories, similar to what I did with the other mod. Due to so much stuff changing in the upcomming combat update, this mod is going to be broken beyond belief, and I'm 99% sure it's gonna crash. So, I'll be starting to port stuff over and hopefully get something done by the time stable hits.

As of now the plan is to take all quest givers out of their current places (you won't find the medic Apex lady in Apex block villages anymore), and create new versions of them to add some variety. As such, Ishcarta and Avusco will probably go too, but I'll be adding very similar versions of them to find on actual planets. It's going to take a while to do this, but I'm hoping it will add some much needed variety to exploring planets. Anyways, I thought I'd let all of you know that things are going to be a little rough for the mod for the next few weeks, but I hope it'll be better than ever!

CyclopsPuppy likes this.
  18. Kitaen Silva

Kitaen Silva Phantasmal Quasar

Small report:

Pleased Giraffe Stable.

The third quest for the bunny altar - altarbunny3.questtemplate - calls for an item that no longer exists.

In my local copy, I have changed "hardenedmonsterplate" to the relevant item name "monsterplating", and the quest proceeds as desired.

Well, the quest needed to be abandoned and taken again, but still proceeded as desired.

Thank you for a wonderful mod, too~!

19. Connockobonker

Connockobonker Aquatic Astronaut

Can you help me fix this? (By the way, this is in stable Glad Giraffe:))
    Every time I try to load the game it starts, crashes, and then it says this
    Fatal Exception caught: (StarException) An error occured during
    loading: (MonsterException) Error loading monster type
    '/monsters/ground/minibossbiped/strongminibossbiped.monstertype'
    Caused by: (AssetException) Error loading asset
    /monsters/ground/minibossbiped/minibossbiped.partparams

20. Sean10M

Remove the mode. Glad Giraffe has most likely broken this mod so it needs reworking.