1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Tutorial Starbound Server Management Console Release

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Icer, Dec 16, 2013.

1. shibdib

shibdib Starship Captain

I never play anymore, but one of my admins was reporting that "ever since I added the login/logoff stuff that people get disconnected alot more"

So I'm rolling back to one of your older versions for now.

2. Icer

Icer Tentacle Wrangler

Thanks for the report, I'm looking into it.

3. modeps

modeps Space Hobo

Love the launcher, but feel like it needs some more functionality / options to be truly great. Of course a lot of that is going to change based upon whatever Chucklefish does with the alpha, so I'm not really complaining :) Great work!

4. Icer

Icer Tentacle Wrangler

5. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

Seems like there's less disconnection in masses, but sometimes just seeing individual disconnections frightens me. Not sure if it's the server or them dcing lol. I've been getting mixed answers when I asked.

6. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

A strange trend I'm currently seeing is that my server peaks around 10-11 players, as if the server been kicking people to maintain that certain number for whatever reason over my 16 slot server.

7. combatmedic02

combatmedic02 Void-Bound Voyager

Hmmm wouldn't think that was true? I have a full 25 in mine for most of the day, it doesn't seem like i'm getting that?

The only strange problems i'm getting at the moment is that some players see the ISSMConsole messages like the join/leave/motd ones and others do not. Also some players can use the /player command while others get unknown command. Really weird. Oh and the IPs are still duplicating down the list for other players. Other than that everything is working like a dream. Thanks man! :D

8. Karazzi

Karazzi Space Hobo

Hi.
    I have just started playing Starbound and after I made a server I tried this little neat script of yours. It worked at sunday, but now when I try to use it, it gives me the following error:
    Error: NetworkException: Cannot bind socket to *:21025: The operation completed successfully.

006FEAB0 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/core/StarIODevice.hpp:9)
    006FEF94 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/core/StarNet.cpp:792)
    ... (2)
    00401413 (e:\p\giaw\src\pkg\mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src\bld/../mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src/src/libcrt/crt/crt1.c:254)
    770BBF39
    770BBF0C

Anyone knows what it means and what I can do about it? The server seems to work fine when I start it from the starbound_server.exe file.

9. Icer

Icer Tentacle Wrangler

Since I intercept all packets coming from every client, and since every chat packet SHOULD be identical with the same chat command entered, I can only assume that some people are typing /player and others /players.

Note that the plural one is correct one. I'm going to modify it so that both are acceptable.

10. Icer

Icer Tentacle Wrangler

You shouldn't be binding the server one 21025 while using ISSMConsole. That is the port it listens on, and Starbound needs to be moved over to 21024. There should be prompts that mention this on startup, or you can adjust it yourself manually.

11. Malaras

Malaras Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for this, its great, Got a question though how do i log in as admin?

Thanks,

12. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

I just realized this Icer. My server tends to close the listener thread every 2 hours. Could this be caused by KeepAliveTime? It seems to matches up.

13. combatmedic02

I think I have found the problem. People entering the server on the IP without adding the port number see the console messages while people who add the :21024 don't see the console messages.

14. Fenrirthviti

Fenrirthviti Tentacle Wrangler

They shouldn't be adding the 21024, as that connects to the server direct and won't run through the ISSMConsole.

However, that said, the /players commands are not working for me either. I get unknown command with both /player and /players. Console sees the commands, but doesn't do anything with them.

Past that, very impressive so far. I like the methods at work here.

15. shibdib

shibdib Starship Captain

Can you have it write the chat log to a log file?

16. combatmedic02

Yeah, I got confused as I thought that changing the port would require players to use that port to connect to the server instead of the old one.

The /players command does work for me though.

17. balmunng8

balmunng8 Space Spelunker

hey, this i beautiful, and thanks for the better console type set up, but i have a question? where/ how do i add the code to make admins? or how do i set a password?

ps. also, would there by chance be a list of commands anywhere?

18. supernet2

supernet2 Existential Complex

woo cannot wait to test out this console. Just seen it was updated, wonder why i wasn't notified.. New the new NGIX updates bugged it up. When i get home ill try out the new console see what happens and get you some feedback with how it handles

19. Soulztealer

Soulztealer Master Chief

Yes a page with all the commands would be nice to have. TY

20. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

Exception in thread "main" java.awt.HeadlessException:
    No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.
    at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:207)
    at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:535)
    at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:420)
    at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:385)
    at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(JFrame.java:174)
    at icer.starbound.server.management.StarboundServerGUI.main(StarboundServerGUI.java:1015)

Typed "export DISPLAY=:0" and now get this:

Code:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
            at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
            at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.access$200(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:65)
            at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment$1.run(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:110)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:74)
            at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:190)
            at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.createGE(GraphicsEnvironment.java:102)
            at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:81)
            at java.awt.Window.initGC(Window.java:467)
            at java.awt.Window.init(Window.java:487)
            at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:536)
            at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:420)
            at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:385)
            at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(JFrame.java:174)
            at icer.starbound.server.management.StarboundServerGUI.main(StarboundServerGUI.java:1015)

Edit: Disregard, I was using the very first release of this program I had downloaded a long time ago.