1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Race Relations

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ZodGilla, Dec 29, 2013.

1. ZodGilla

ZodGilla Void-Bound Voyager

So after playing for a while, I've decided to try and map out how each individual race views one another. At this point in time, it's only a rough guess on my part. Hylotl are peaceful, so they are most likely friends with everyone - Except for the Floran, who are hostile to everyone. Everyone else I just supposed was mostly neutral. The only other hostile relationship I could think of is Humans and Apex.
    Anyway, take a look and see if you agree/disagree!
    Red is hostile, Gray is neutral, and Green is friendly. Starbound Race Relationship.png

Lavender Aces and Skelozard1 like this.
  2. MrForz

MrForz Void-Bound Voyager

The Floran people aren't hostile to Glitches. They're infinitely fascinated and friendly toward them, even more with the events related with Greenfinger. As a Glitch, every single Floran you'll interact with will show fascination to you and your ship, talk about protecting you, helping you, dancing, looking foward for you to sing and to settle at their place. Some are even sad that you'll be going eventually.

3. Crome

Crome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

According to the wiki, Floran are friendly with the glitch. You are right about the Floran hating the Hylotl, there were wars between them in the past. Humans, Apex, Avians and Glitch are neutral.

Serenity likes this.
  4. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Florans are friendly to the glitch because they can't eat them. (it is intriguing for them, yeah)
    Hunt is the most important things for them...
    so anything than can be eat are hunted...
    (did they cannibalize? I don't know...)

Jco likes this.
  5. Fogbot3

Fogbot3 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Glitches make fun of Hylotl all the time!

6. ZodGilla

Why am I not surprised the only race Floran are friendly with is the one they can't eat? :)
    Fixed the picture.
    Starbound Race Relationship.png

Skelozard1 and Pyrolun like this.
  7. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

Things aren't quite as hot for us Hylotls as you guys might think. Most Glitch guards seem to give us snarky remarks, but they aren't hostile. I'd see it more of a neutral relationship than anything, personally.
    Also, an Avian book reveals the ancient Stargazers used to sacrifice Hylotl. This is supported by the presence of warning masks for each race in Avian temples, except for Hylotl.

Holgast and Serenity like this.
  8. Xtremekiwi

Xtremekiwi Void-Bound Voyager

Agreed, Glitch/Hylotl relations are neutral, not friendly. While some of the Glitch are quite intrigued, the guards are definitely not very friendly. Plus, they say that they don't see the point of pacifism...

9. ZodGilla

Starbound Race Relationship.png
    Alright, does this look correct to everyone? The only ones i think we're "iffy" on are the Hylotl/Avians and possibly Apex/Humans since Apex are a split off of the Humans and could possibly be friendly or hostile depending on how you look at it.

10. WyldeFyres

WyldeFyres Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Humans weren't very involved in space politics before their planet was destroyed, so they're as neutral as it gets.

Serenity likes this.
  11. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

This chart is lies.

12. Rocket Black Man

Rocket Black Man Space Penguin Leader

I'd disagree but that's based solely on the USCM bases being everywhere plus the codex entries emphasizing their somewhat paranoid/xenophobic attitude towards other races (and even other spacefaring humans). Besides, we know how humanity is- we like to make buddy buddy with folks before forcibly taking territory/starting interplanetary dust-ups!

13. WyldeFyres

WyldeFyres Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Only the USCM moved outside our solar system, and they stayed isolated from the other races. Besides, the USCM abandoned it's posts so I dont think they represent human society any more than those cultists do.

14. Rocket Black Man

That's a fair observation but in my personal viewpoint they are still representative of humanity to some extent. A splinter faction for sure but still their actions can and likely have directly impacted other races' perceptions on humanity. I just really wish we had a little more variety in the NPC villages (for all races) and perhaps even mixed race colonies (refugee camps, etc.).

15. PORKSWORD

PORKSWORD Space Hobo

So my race is friendly to everyone except Floran.. I think I like it.

16. ZodGilla

Well like I said, this is all just speculation on my part. For all we know, everybody hates everybody, or everybody loves everybody.

17. Rocket Black Man

I can't speak for the rest of the Outcast Glitch, but I intend on purging the Florans. They just infuriate me for incomprehensible reasons.

18. PORKSWORD

PORKSWORD Space Hobo

By outcast glitch, do you mean those glitch that wear purple hoods and are in some type of cult?

19. Rocket Black Man

I mean the ones that have become self-aware (basically player-character glitch). The cultists are their own faction entirely to my knowledge. The remaining glitch NPCs that reside in castles seem to be the glitch that are still hard-wired into the programming that keeps them in the middle ages (or equivalent) and are not self-aware.

20. PORKSWORD

PORKSWORD Space Hobo

Oh, I see.