1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

starbound problem

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by tyrax, Feb 9, 2017.

1. tyrax

tyrax Space Hobo

please make starbouns lie in 2014 there it was the best game i hate the story of the game it is like
    Forced missions (sorry i translated with google)

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

You don't have to do any more than the first mission. Hardly something to complain over.

Your memory of 2014 is due to nostalgia. The reality is the game was basic and bland back then.

Maethendias likes this.
  3. Gon009

Gon009 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I haven't played pre-release starbound and I think that current "story" is bland, lackluster and nonsensical. Suddenly, something magically breaks to the world, destroys the Earth and is a danger for entire universe even if it isn't seen anywhere else(lol). Asra with her cult think that the creature that made humans endangered is the best tool to make every race but humans die(lol x2). Player has to listen to some windbag that refuses to move from the outpost and missions consists of defeating boring, dumb, scripted bosses with tons of hp(lolX3).
    Maybe it was just rushed, that's why it's so weak. Maybe it was made because some people can't play games that have no story with quests.

Fortunately as you said, we can skip it. Unfortunately mod is needed to fully skip it without being forced to do the first mission.

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Well, compared to the story that the game used to have (None) it is the best story ever created.

And based on your breakdown of the story, wouldn't Mass Effect fall under that too? You can make anything sound bad if you word it properly.

And I really don't see why people have such an issue with doing one mission. It takes like 5 minutes tops, and you only have to do it once. Not the end of the world, and arguably, if you hate the first mission, then you must not like the vaults too?

Maethendias likes this.