Pixel Starbound Pixel art Tutorials

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by NewLiar, May 4, 2013.

1. NewLiar

NewLiar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I made these as requests on my own art thread and I just made them ontop of a human sprite in just one pose, so they're not yet ready to put ingame like this. Once the game is out I'll start making these sprites ready to use for modding (by making a sprite of just the clothes for each pose + crouching sitting animations).

You can think of these sprites as some kind of concept art / mockups of outfits to make later.

EDIT: I might make a bonus video to explain how to use this Collection Template + What would would be required to mod them into the game.

2. ChevChelios

ChevChelios Orbital Explorer

I hope you make a lot of great mods with your amazing sprites. :alien: A Star Trek or Star Wars Mod would be awesome. You are from Netherlands maybe you know the german games site and show "Game One". I make some objects and sprites about this guys, too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Moebisuium and NewLiar like this.
  3. NewLiar

Thank you, I´ll definatly try and make some cool mods once the game comes out (and teach others how to do it aswell.
    Haven't heard of "Game One", but these sprites look pretty cool man, good work. ;)
    P.S.: If you make those Starbound sprites a bit smaller, I could add them to the viewer art (The reserved section) to show off your work. If you would like that?

4. ChevChelios

ChevChelios Orbital Explorer

If you need help with some sprites than tell me. Maybe we can help each other.

Thank you. Hopefully mollygos release a tutorial where you can exactly see how to build clothing in the game.

what do you mean exactly with "The reserved section"? Later (when I create more Objects, I want start a Tread about my stuff)

NewLiar likes this.
  5. NewLiar

Yeah, that would be great.

I mean the section on the front page (second post by me) that says [Reserved to feature art made by forum members]. I could post your Starbound sprites you linked and maybe add a link to your thread once you make one.

Sure thing, I was already thinking of mod ideas with another friend. You might be able to help us once we start working on that. ;)

6. flynphish

flynphish Master Chief

Oh damn, sorry Mr NewLiar, i kinda took a break from forums because it was kinda taking over my life D: i havnt honestly done very much pixel art, it got kinda irritating because i kept looking at Tiys work thinking to myself "Damn i wish i could do pixel art as well as that. and when i try, i just screw up and beat myself up for not feeling "part" of the community, so yeah. sorry about that :(

NewLiar likes this.
  7. Muss

Muss Space Hobo

Where can I find the templates themselves?

8. NewLiar

You need to click on the text Episode 1 or 2. Those are spoiler buttons, they open up when you click on them. Then click on "Template used in video" and then there you have the template. I suggest you use the template in "Episode 2: Human Hair Basics (Video + Template)" because that one also includes a bunch of hair styles and hair colors.

Hope that helps you out. ;)

9. toby109tt

toby109tt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

newliar jij bent van nederland ik ben van belgië

10. DragonSky11

DragonSky11 Master Chief

Hello NewLiar!

I was wondering if you know of a good pixel art site for Chromebook. Thanks!

11. Tlactl

Tlactl Cosmic Narwhal

I tried out the site and made this Zim thing: [​IMG]

It's my first pixel art ever so I have no idea if its "good" since i have nothing else I made to compare it to