Dev Blog Starbound on Steam Workshop!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]
    Don't mind me.

Brekke K'ktus likes this.
  2. Brekke K'ktus

Brekke K'ktus Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know about PST but GMT is their time zone and London is -2 h (accounting for the Daylight Saving Time) from my city.

3. nerfcrazy5

nerfcrazy5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As do I.
    --- Post updated ---
    Well technically they aren't using GMT since it's summer time, they'd be using BST (British Summer Time), so it would be an hour ahead. Otherwise, you'd get two different times.

4. Brekke K'ktus

Brekke K'ktus Void-Bound Voyager

well they haven't used BST, soooo.
    Anyways, it doesn't matter since IT'S HAPPENING! :D <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

5. lordbociek

lordbociek Pangalactic Porcupine

I GOT IT !!!!

6. whitefoxray

whitefoxray Void-Bound Voyager

Where did launcher go? I liked it so much...

7. nerfcrazy5

nerfcrazy5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My game broke so I had to delete the game files and revalidate... RIP

8. Sandman1997

Sandman1997 Starship Captain

I had to download 2 files that did not get installed they are .dll files

9. Camshaft

Camshaft Phantasmal Quasar

update is on my pc and the saves from the unstable version works fine with the normal version

10. Tuesday's Eyebrow

Tuesday's Eyebrow Phantasmal Quasar

How do we upload to Steam Workshop?
    Edit: Nevermind! I found it!

11. Camshaft

PLEASE TEAM
    Make the food to stack!
    AND PLEASE mache a Question to ABandon Quest that we can say YES or NO!!!!

12. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

For food stack i already saw a mod in steam workshop. Maybe you should give it a try.

~ Iris ~

13. Camshaft

i know but it should be without mod there.

an i have the bug from the unstable that my crew is double ^^
    --- Post updated ---
    mmh something doesnt work with the steam workshopmods.
    they are downloaded but not in the game to find

14. CBookie

CBookie Void-Bound Voyager

i hope there'll be a mod to bring the old hotbar back

Pingeh likes this.
  15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That's quite impossible.

16. CBookie

CBookie Void-Bound Voyager

darn, i'm not a fan of the new one

17. Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

Question since the bar cannot be changed could you change the way items are registered so you could at least carry two building items or a healing and building item in the same dual slot. I'm assuming you can't do that with a two handed weapon and a healing item.

18. Sniper_x002

Sniper_x002 Phantasmal Quasar

How might I update a mod I uploaded to the Steam workshop? I can't tell if by uploading it again it will create a "new" mod.

19. Germaine

Germaine Poptop Tamer

Yesterday i had a blast playing the 1.0 for the entire rest of the day, and i'm loving it so far. Especially the story quests and the good loot, not to mention all the other new features added to the game. The difficulty for the story quests is alright, i assume because i found awesome gear all the time, but i started a game on survival (god only know why i thought i give it a try), and i have to admit that the hunger system is infuriating, i can't imagin how this is making the game more fun to play for anybody, because the rest of starbound simply doesn't seem like a survival game, atleast i think. I luckily only died 2 times so far, both times while attempting to kill ixodoom and i managed to kill ixodoom with 1 hp left the 3 rd time, but you loose somany hardly earned pixels and health items, that you kinda run into a devils spiral over time, were it's just going downwards. My problem now is that i have to continue playing on this mode, because i already love my character and some of the random fashion i got. I had to add all the pixels i lost, back to my player file so that i can continue playing before starving and dying for lack of food and health items again and again. And i will continue to a pixels to my player file, because it makes the game more fun to me, although i planned not to cheat while playing trough the story, this can't be considered cheating, i'm just taking back what was mine in the first place, lol and i will not add any items to my player file. I think i'm not gonna like survival mode or hardcore any time soon, these modes should't count as main game modes as far as i'm concerned. The game should have a easy, normal, hard, survival, and hardcore as game modes and the higher difficulty the better drops, so the easier it is to find legendaries, that would make the higher modes worth pushing yourself trough atleast. And the hardcore mode should't even exist as far as i'm concerned, i think it just doesn't fit to the rest of what starbound is, it's a never ending adventure. What's the point in hardcore mode, your going to die at one point anyways and loose everything you worked for so hard. Player dies* 'Awww man, hehe, played 40 hours and then a random bird killed me, i lost everything, too bad, anyways i will start a new game and try to survive 40+ hours. What a waste of lifetime. I'm satisfied with the rest of the game, i will play the entire next week and if i run into trouble, i will just add pixels to my player file so i can buy food and health items. Eventually i'l make a new character and fly trough again. But i hope you developers will let me switch to casual mode trough options menu with the next update. Also, please add a option for people to change their characters name, why should't this option exist, it doesn't make the game more logical or illogical if it's available. Now i'll continue playing. Greetings starbrethren, have fun playing starbound 1.0!!!!!!!

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Material is two-handed because you place it in the background with the right mouse button. Objects are two-handed because they're constantly visible hovering at your cursor position. If you had one-handed objects, you wouldn't be able to see where the right-hand one goes.

Germaine likes this.