1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound On Ps4

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by g3n0k1n, Feb 4, 2016.

1. g3n0k1n

g3n0k1n Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there!

I would like to know if the game will be release on console. i really liked terraria on ps3. I think it will be fun for us console user to play the game we love on pc.

Thank you

2. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

gonan be ...
    probably...
    in 2021 maybe

3. Thalant

Thalant Zero Gravity Genie

Is that serious? It'll probably be released for consoles in the far future, but I don't think they've given a date. I don't know if it's a joke.
    Anyway, since it's not even "released" on PC, expect a few years until console versions, that's for sure.

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

There is going to be an XBox One version, they have already said so. It seems only fitting they do PS4 also.

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I don't think a PS4 version was ever properly announced. It was claimed in an article, but I later learned that there was never an official announcement for the devs themselves. With an Xbox One version definitely confirmed, it's not beyond the realms of possibility. I'll ask the devs, and see what's what.

Where did you get that figure, might I ask? Can we have a link to where this was announced?

Because if that's just a wild stab in the dark, it's of no help to anyone.

6. Stg

Stg Title Not Found

I'm guessing he got that figure from the fact that this game has no end in sight and the devs keep stringing us along with the "look at these totally awesome and totally not a stall tactic furniture sets we worked on for an entire month". It's pretty sad, but I said it in 2013, 2014, 2015, and it looks like I'll be saying it in 2016 (what a massive letdown it's been this long), Terraria 4 will be released long before we see Starbound get an official release.

You might remember that I've been a supporter of this game for many years and I stood up for the devs time after time, but after 4+ years for an indie game and all we see are minor attack animation updates or monster AI tweaks month after month, it's not worth it to look like a fool trying to defend Chucklefish anymore. I bought Starbound early in 2013 because I was excited we would finally get a space Terraria and all the things they promised sounded too good to be true, but had I known it was going to take this long, I never would have wasted my money and I won't be duped by this dev team again.

drakd likes this.
  7. lazarus78

Ignorance much? Have you bothered to follow development? They are working on the story right now. They have a crap ton of work, and 4 years of development is actually average. Not to mention they lost a year during their move to London.

Sylxeria likes this.
  8. Jonesy

Right... welcome to games development; things will almost certainly not go to plan. There have been old estimates for release dates, to be sure, which proved inaccurate. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened to a project, and it will not be the last. I'm sure you'd be complaining just as much if the devs went "Well, we said we'd release it now, so here's your buggy mess". I'd much rather see a developer take their time and work on something, even if initial estimates proved inaccurate. Plenty of other developers would have released said buggy mess as a final product and left it there, or not even get that far.

Besides, saying "This game was supposed to be out in insert year here" won't make any difference. It's still in development, the devs are not stopping, and the final version will be released when it's ready. You're not obliged to care, or waste your time complaining about a project that you've clearly lost interest in.

But we're getting a touch off-topic now.

Sylxeria, M_Sipher and Luna like this.
  9. Thalant

Thalant Zero Gravity Genie

Edge of Space, cough cough...

10. MrVauxs

oh jees forgot there's 2 "terraria rip'offs" on the market
    not hard feeling though
    if starbound gonna be ever on consoles the first one gonna be probably the xbox
    beacuse of easier programming/transfering games from windows

11. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Only 2? The mobile market laughs at such things as originality.

Anyway, there have been regular updates as to the devs' work, and it's clear they are working on much more than furniture.

12. MrVauxs

telling 2 "real" "good" PC terraria ripoffs

13. lazarus78

Forgot Planet Centauri.

Also, its already been confirmed they plan an XBox One version.

14. MrVauxs

well until the xbox "x" gonna be released
    "x" is number/word what microsoft gonna name the next xbox

15. Frost Spectre

Frost Spectre Big Damn Hero

Yea, HL3 confirmed! :p

16. ValeYard13

ValeYard13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They've said that Starbound will come to "additional consoles" after it arrives in the Xbox One Preview thingy http://playstarbound.com/starbound-coming-to-windows-10-and-xbox-one-via-game-preview/

So I guess, OP, it's just a matter of waiting until it hits PS4. I'm super excited to play Starbound on console, as I stopped using my Mac for games and don't have a PC anymore. I just hope to see it on Xbox soon, I'm praying to the Avian Gods every night.

Violated likes this.
  17. nyan_cyrax

nyan_cyrax Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  18. MrVauxs

well im an xbox player
    starbound have nothing to do wrong on consoles wrong
    not like terraria mining controls
    *xbox rape*

19. Jonesy