1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Multiplayer, would you play it more than single player?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Luke_H, Sep 6, 2012.

?

What will you be playing more?

1. Multiplayer

68 vote(s)
    70.1%
  2. Singleplayer

29 vote(s)
    29.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oricalcum

Oricalcum Ketchup Robot

I would play Singleplayer for awhile after the game came out, then after I got the hang of it, I'd switch to Multiplayer.

2. Guiyran

Guiyran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Starbound will not have one central server. Server hosting will be like terraria and minecraft in the way that it will be hosted by a player who feels like running their own server. Starbound will also not have a login server. You will have to set up an account on each server that requires it. One of the devs had made a comment about the possibility of some official servers hosted by their team, but it is not a sure thing, and that was a while ago.

Also,
    What's with the hostility OP?

3. Poltergeist

Poltergeist Zero Gravity Genie

It depends on your definition of multiplayer. If you mean playing with people you are familiar with then probably multi, but if you mean just some random public server then probably single.

4. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

Singleplayer.
    [​IMG]

5. Twiganator

Twiganator The Count

i'd do single player for a VERY VERY LONG TIME then move to multiplier.

6. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Thanks for your input guys! ^.^ Just getting some info together on how many would play and how many wouldn't play multi-player (My tag you see, I have to do a bit of research ^.^) I think I'll need to open a new thread on how much people would be willing to pay, but I think I'd get into trouble!

7. iliekmudkips

iliekmudkips Big Damn Hero

What, Are you willing to make a dedicated server for people to pay for? I'm MORE then sure that's perfectly okay with everyone, But there's no server section so you may wish to wait.
    Granted, I might be hopping to assumptions...

8. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Actually, the company I work for, hosts this forum (zomg) so I'm just getting some information together to see how much people are willing to pay for what, so....20 slots, with a small world = said amount. If that makes sense?

9. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Multiplayer for me will be k only with clanmates.
    And I won't play for too long with all of them, because I'm in different timezone.
    So the answer is: I'll play SP more, but whenever it will be possible, I'll play MP with friends. :)

10. Tardisphere

Tardisphere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'll probably end up playing Multiplayer more. In my opinion, games like these are 10x better with friends.

11. I'd probably end up starting a singleplayer game, and using multiplayer to goof off. :p

12. Star and Moon

Star and Moon Space Kumquat

I put single player, because with games like these, I only like to play with my brother, who lately is very busy and all that stuff...

13. who885

who885 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well i like to think of it like this.... single player to learn the game and try its base story line then start a clan (well more like people to play with) and take over many planets :D well do you like mah plan?

14. Dredgeman

Dredgeman Void-Bound Voyager

A bunch of mates and myself have planned to get a server just for us and other mates that might be interested. No strangers though, they can be total knobs...

I get too lonely playing games like this on single player =(

15. Black ★ Rock Shooter

Black ★ Rock Shooter Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I probably will play multiplayer most of the time. I really prefer multiplayer on this kind of game - singleplayer doesn't have quite the same appeal, though it's still fun.

I'm only going to play with my friends though. I don't trust people on random servers.

16. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd play singleplayer until I get bored then multiplayer

17. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

I'll most likely fly solo for quite awhile. I have a few friends that seem interested in the game but even so, I'll probably be playing it much more than them.

18. Arretez

Arretez Spaceman Spiff

Multiplayer so that I can play with my clan of coarse!

19. Rathnaga

Rathnaga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My preference is that multiplayer is by far the best experience. Exploring and building with friends is much more fun than doing it alone. Plus you get to giggle at each others goofy hats.

If Starbound doesn't have any kind of hosted multiplayer I'll just end up paying someone else (multiplay clanservers) to do it... probably like $100 to $150 a year for it. And that wouldn't be much fun because people can't join up with my world easily without knowing all the server specific information.

Please keep multiplayer as a focal point of Starbound. If the game is fun and the multiplayer easy to use, then I am more than willing to pay monthly fees to use it.

*waves $100 bills in the air at his monitor*

20. Zakanakai

Zakanakai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Most of my friend are going to get Starbound with me pratically at the same time
    so~!
    Yes, Multiplayer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.