1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Multiplayer, would you play it more than single player?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Luke_H, Sep 6, 2012.

?

What will you be playing more?

1. Multiplayer

68 vote(s)
    70.1%
  2. Singleplayer

29 vote(s)
    29.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirby64

Kirby64 Space Kumquat

Multiplayer.
    The Space Pirates shall loot all the treasures in the Universe!

2. Kahranramsus

Kahranramsus Aquatic Astronaut

Two computers. I'll be running a server 24/7 for my friends to log onto and play with, especially now that we won't have to restart the server to change to new worlds.

They'll all start with me on day one, and they'll come on the next day and I'll be running around with some of the best equipment and a giant facility on my own homeworld going, "What? Was I supposed to stop when you guys left or went to work?"

3. iliekmudkips

iliekmudkips Big Damn Hero

Hah, That's usually me as well. When I get my hands on a game, Goodbye the next 72 hours of my life.

4. Zalran

Zalran Space Spelunker

I'll be taking time of work after the release.
    Just need to make sure i've filled up my kitchen with coffe, pizza and other items.
    Then lock the door, close the curtains and turn off my cellphone.

5. Latecat

Latecat Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't buy 11 copies just to play it alone, nor do I gather up 11 people in the first place so we could spam eachother about what we do.

Its going to be the day of insomnia, for that day, there shall be no sleep.

Greccen and Zalran like this.
  6. Anemia

Anemia Big Damn Hero

I'll most likely buy a server in a week or so to host a large open server on. I so hope that the director mode is available at release since that seems really awesome for big servers. Might also host a small private one on my computer. As for singleplayer, I'll be playing singleplayer whenever I'm alone on a server.

7. Brother Lame

Brother Lame Pangalactic Porcupine

Going to be spending a lot of time in multiplayer I think, I've got a group of several friends who are all eagerly awaiting release so we can do a playthrough together. I think we're also considering doing a LP, but that's not decided yet.

8. Marcus Eralice

Marcus Eralice Big Damn Hero

Knowing me, single player.

My loot is my own, people get in the way of my playstyle, and I hate dealing with idiots who would rather cause headaches for others.

9. Belzac

Belzac Subatomic Cosmonaut

I guess playing overall with your friends first is the major point of this game. After you have somewhat "finished' the game, you can create new character and try one of the public server. Third character for single player. This is the best option if you ask me.

10. Metasin

Metasin Aquatic Astronaut

I will set up a server for myself and my friends and anyone else who wants to join. Most likely it will be semi-private. I did it with terraria and minecraft and I still run the minecraft server. Its all about multiplay!

11. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Please don't blaspheme my post with that horrid name. Horrid provider.

12. Battlefronter

Battlefronter Big Damn Hero

Multiplayer of course,
    i wanna blow up some ppl with my grenade launcher :O

13. Metasin

Metasin Aquatic Astronaut

Wait which one and why don't you like it?

Not that I want to hijack the post but i'm curious.

14. Sil

Sil Subatomic Cosmonaut

Single player. People are tiresome.

15. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

As a self-titled and proud of Hermit I love SP and plan on playing the majority of my SB time there, including creating my "piece de'resistance" home on my SP world.

However I also love playing with a small trusted group of crazy-like-minded individuals... so hope to find some of you out there that share my same frame of mind; we can create our own CandyLand-like space-commune. :love:

16. Kjkillercom

Kjkillercom Pangalactic Porcupine

I am more of a single player kind of person. I really don't like to play online most of the time due to the extremely large number of cheaters and trolls. There are very few games that can I play online without worries of dealing with them. When I play online I want to make sure I am on the same playing ground that others are, otherwise, it ruins the experience and makes the point of doing it moot.

17. Dwagon

Dwagon Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Short Version: Single Player

Longer Version:
    I have over 500 hours logged on Terraria, and about 120 of them are multiplayer. I built and rebuilt, yet the allure of multiplayer is always there.
    The LAN component of Terraria was easily its biggest selling point, right after the gameplay.

If Starbound is bound to a central server, and only that central server, I'm not going to buy it. My ISP is too lazy to upgrade, their competition is locked in an oligopoly, so the only thing they compete on is price, not quality.
    I simply cannot play any game that requires a constant connection. Not without losing my patience.

18. ThrehserMaw

ThrehserMaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I need to get a decent rifle before going multiplayer.

19. Fengrich

Fengrich Big Damn Hero

In addendum to my earlier statement: I hate people, but multiplayer with actual friends is totally different in my mind. If they act like idiots I can track them down and do bad things.

TheRev likes this.
  20. LeBleuMeldy

LeBleuMeldy Pangalactic Porcupine

I wanna play multiplayer but certain issues get in the way.... And I doubt I any of my friends will get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.